OFDb

Behind the Mask: the Rise Of Leslie Vernon (Slasher-Satire mit Robert Englund)

Begonnen von StS, 9 Februar 2006, 11:54:10

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Slasher/Satire

DIRECTOR: Scott Glosserman
WRITER: Scott Glosserman, David J. Stieve
STARRING: Robert Englund, Nathan Baesel, Matt Bolt, Jenafer Brown, Krissy Carlson, Scott Wilson, Zelda Rubenstein, Angela Goethals, Kane Hodder
STUDIO: Glen Echo Entertainment

The next great psycho horror slasher has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them.

Der Trailer ist echt "witzig" und gut!!!   :icon_biggrin:
http://www.behindthemaskthemovie.com/

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Bloody Disgusting Interview mit Robert Englund:

ZitatBehind the Mask: Star Robert Englund
By: Elaine Lamkin

Robert Englund. One really doesn't need to say much more about one of THE horror icons of the past 20+ years. As the hideous Freddy Krueger, he scared an entire generation of horror fans and even prior to that he was in several horror films including Gary Sherman's "Dead & Buried" which has become a cult classic and "Galaxy of Terror" with Captain Spaulding himself, Sid Haig, as well as "My Favorite Martian" star, Ray Walston. He also played Willie in the science fiction series "V". He continues to appear in horror films today but lately he has been portraying some less horrific characters, with the exception of the evil Mayor Buckman in Tim Sullivan's "2001 Maniacs", a reinvention of Herschell Gordon Lewis' classic "Two Thousand Maniacs!" Bloody-Disgusting spoke with Robert recently about some of his upcoming films, including "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" where his character, Doc Halloran, is more like Donald Pleasance in "Halloween" than any knife-wielding killer.

BD: Hello Robert and thank you for taking time to speak with us. I'm sure most horror fans know your background but in case there are any that don't, how about a brief synopsis of The Robert Englund Story?

RE: Certainly. I was born in Glendale, California on June 6th. My father was one of the designers of the U-2 spy planes. After high school, I attended UCLA for three years, studying acting. Then I transferred to Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan where I trained at the Meadowbrook Theater. Meadowbrook was actually a branch of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in Great Britain that had come to the US so that was an incredible opportunity. Also, my heritage is Swedish and I can speak Swedish fairly well.

BD: You started working in films very early with your first feature film being "Buster and Billie" in 1974.

RE: I've actually been a member of Actors Equity (the theater union) since 1968 as I did a lot of work in theater in New York. I joined SAG in 1973 and I'm also a member of AFTRA and the Directors Guild of America.

BD: Your first horror film was Tobe Hooper's follow-up to "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Eaten Alive", which has had about six or seven different titles. And your character, the sex-crazed hillbilly Buck, has a classic opening line. What was working with Tobe like?

RE: Tobe is great to work with – I've done quite a few films with him since "Eaten Alive". And you're right about Buck's "famous" opening line. Quentin Tarantino used that line in "Kill Bill" because he is such a fan of "Eaten Alive". And the cast of "Eaten Alive" was incredible: Neville Brand, Mel Ferrer, Carolyn Jones, Stuart Whitman and, of course, Marilyn Burns. The set was amazing too – the hotel, the swamp, the bayou Marilyn is chased through – all on a sound stage.

BD: You were recently reunited with Tobe in his episode of the Showtime series "Masters of Horror". What can you tell us about "Dance of the Dead"?

RE: Richard Matheson wrote the story and his son, Richard Christian Matheson, wrote the screenplay. I played The MC, a character I liken to Joel Grey's character in "Cabaret" only the guy I play is the MC from Hell. There's a great scene in the show where some of the characters are driving to a post-apocalyptic city – it's very similar to the joy-riding scene in "A Clockwork Orange". The episode was broadcast back on November 11, 2005.

BD: How about "Heartstopper" where you play a good guy, Sheriff Berger?

RE: "Heartstopper", which is directed by Bob Keen, who has done a lot of SFX work on films like "Alien", "Return of the Jedi", "Hellraiser II" and "Hellraiser III", "Lifeforce" and "Candyman", is a slasher film. But a slasher film with a difference – it's set in an old hospital where two of the patients are stranded by a storm and a killer is slaughtering the other patients and the staff. We shot the movie in Ontario and I would say "Heartstopper" is like a Wes Craven shocker.

BD: You play the "good guy" again in Scott Glosserman's "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon". What can you tell us about that film?

RE: "Behind the Mask" has a strange "Blair Witch" element to it but it's intellectual too. It's about a documentary team working on a film about serial killers and they come across a self-proclaimed expert on serial killers, Leslie Vernon. I play Leslie's doctor, Doc Halloran, and like Donald Pleasance's Dr. Loomis in "Halloween", my character knows much more about what's really going on with Leslie than anyone else. And it becomes my job to stop him.

BD: And finally, "2001 Maniacs" where you are reunited with Lin Shaye, who played the teacher in the original "Nightmare" and now plays your psychotic accomplice, Granny Boone. I heard that there were a lot of weird things that happened during the shoot down in Georgia.

RE: There were a lot of little accidents – Tim Sullivan had an allergic reaction to an insect bite, one of the crew fell and had a concussion. Wendy Kremer, who plays Peaches, got hypothermia. And there were quite a few people who said they heard "things" in the woods around the little town we filmed in. Sounds of drums, guns firing – I didn't have any odd experiences though.

Also, the film plays with Southern stereotypes but more the stereotype of Southern hospitality rather than racism. "2001 Maniacs" is Southern hospitality taken to an extreme and, as opposed to the original "Two Thousand Maniacs!", each kill in "2001" gets worse than the one before and there are more victims in this version. As far as the gore, we sort of split the difference between T&A and the gore/gross-out level, but the gore IS there. Plus, it was a lot of fun playing a sort of Colonel Sanders from Hell.

BD: When you played Mayor Buckman in "2001 Maniacs", just HOW strong was your Southern accent since you said the film really pushed Southern stereotypes?

RE: Buckman was an evil cartoon, conceived somewhere between Colonel Sanders and some of my favorite character actors (Strother Martin and Dub Taylor). So the accent was exaggerated to a cartoonish degree.

BD: When can viewers expect to see "Behind the Mask", "Hatchet", where you have a cameo as a bayou fisherman, and "Heartstopper"?

RE: "Behind the Mask" will be screened at the South By Southwest Film Festival in Austin, TX in March. I have no idea on release dates for the others. They are still in post-production.

BD: You said you are going to be directing a teen comedy soon. What can you tell us about it?

RE: The comedy-horror project is titled "Killer Pad" and is in pre-production.

BD: What acting projects do you have coming up after your directorial venture?

RE: Lots of stuff pending but it's too soon to talk about any of it.

BD: What can you tell us about the rumored "Nightmare" prequel and "Freddy vs. Jason 2"?

RE: New Line is committed to making at least one more Freddy movie. They have commissioned both a prequel and "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Myers". No word on which one they will actually make or when.

BD: What about your old TV show with Freddy?

RE: "Freddy's Nightmares" from the late '80s? It got made by Lorimar, syndicated, stripped too early in some markets and canceled. Bootleg copies of some of the episodes can be found on eBay.

BD: Any information about a new TV show with Freddy?

RE: New Line made "Nightmare on Elm Street: Real Nightmares" a reality show that I hosted in which contestants described their nightmares and then were challenged to confront their fears by being put in a situation that evoked their nightmares. For example: a woman scared of clowns was locked in a fun house and terrorized by clowns who appeared out of mirrors and down through the ceiling, etc. For whatever asinine reason they decided not to air it. That's all I know. Oh, it could possibly air on the new CW network.

BD: What are some of your favorite horror movies?

RE: "The Innocents", "Sisters", "Rosemary's Baby", John Carpenter's "The Thing", "May".

BD: What is one thing about Robert Englund that no one knows that you think people should know?

RE: I'm addicted to "King of the Hill" and peanut butter and jelly.

February 2006

by: Elaine Lamkin
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

StS

Phil

hab ich mir jetzt mal angesehen und war doch sehr positiv überrascht.
diese Doku-Slasher Kombination hat schon was.

weiß man ob ein 2. Teil geplant ist, aus dem Character könnte man nämlich noch so einiges machen.
traue nie SB, denn es tut Dir weh :(
became MINGed!

ZitatCloverfield refers to the field formerly known as Central Park. Clovers are usually prone to grow at places after bombing. Thus the term "Clover" and "field" referring to park.

notrickz

Der Film müsste aber mal ins Nachbarforum verschoben werden......

Klugscheisser

Wir können ja einfach die beiden Threads zusammenlegen (lassen)...  ;)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020