OFDb

Captain America: The First Avenger (Joe Johnston)

Begonnen von RoboLuster, 31 Dezember 2009, 15:09:36

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

RoboLuster

31 Dezember 2009, 15:09:36 Letzte Bearbeitung: 16 April 2010, 00:00:42 von LeCrumb

The First Avenger: Captain America  :dodo:

Release Date
: July 22, 2011
Studio: Paramount Pictures, Marvel Studios
Director: Joe Johnston
Screenwriter: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely
Starring: Samuel L. Jackson
Genre: Action, Adventure

Plot Summary: In the early days of the Marvel Universe, Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Hört sich bis jetzt nach der allgemein bekannten Cap America Story an, find ich gut. Über den Cast ist bis auf S.L. Jackson, der natürlich das S.H.I.E.L.D. Oberhaupt Nick Fury spielen wird, noch nichts bekannt. Hauptsache es wird nicht Will Smith als Cap zu sehen geben. ;)

Ich freue mich jedenfalls wie Juchte über diese Comicadaption, aber bis Sommer 2011 dauerts ja noch ewig.
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

RoboLuster

Don't screw up the Captain America movie

Ich teile die Bedenken und Hoffnungen des Autors zum gepanten Cap Film. Wenn das Studio alles richtig macht, dann wird dieser Film episch werden.

wusselpompf

11 Januar 2010, 23:03:08 #2 Letzte Bearbeitung: 11 Januar 2010, 23:05:05 von wusselpompf
ZitatFirst, set the movie during World War II.
C'mon, can it get any bigger than WWII? Let's see Cap slap around some Ratzis!

wenn sie sich daran halten, wäre schonmal viel gewonnen, aber ich denke irgendwie das wird nicht passieren... schon allein weil Nick Fury ja wohl wieder dabei sein wird.
Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you never watched Star Trek? Good Lord" - Patrick Stewart "Extras"

RoboLuster

Mal abwarten, Fury könnte ja auch erst zum Schluss des Filmes zu sehen sein, Jahre nach WW2, um auch den Cap Film mit dem bevorstehenden Avengers Film zu verknüpfen. (Wenigstens hoffe ich auf so etwas.)

RoboLuster

15 Januar 2010, 16:33:47 #4 Letzte Bearbeitung: 31 Januar 2010, 15:40:37 von RoboLuster
Interview mit Cap Regisseur Joe Johnston.  :D

Zitat"What can you tell me that people might not have already heard about Captain America?"

"It's not going to be a Captain America that you expect. It's something different. It is influenced by the comic book, but it goes off in a completely different direction. It's the origin story of Captain America. It's mostly period—there are modern, present-day bookends on it—but it's basically the story of how Steve Rogers becomes Captain America. The great thing about Captain America is he's a super hero without any super powers. Which is why this story, among the hundreds of superhero stories, appealed to me the most. He can't fly, he can't see through walls, he can't do any of that stuff. He's an everyman who's been given this amazing gift of transformation into the perfect specimen—the pinnacle of human perfection. How does that affect him? What does that mean for him emotionally and psychologically? He was this 98-pound weakling, he was this wimp, and he's transformed instantly into this Adonis. You'd think he got everything he wanted. Well, he didn't get everything he wanted. The rules change at that point and his life gets even more complicated and dire. For me, that's the interesting part of the story. It's got some great action sequences in it and some incredible stuff that we've never seen before. But at the heart of it, it's a story about this kid, who all he wants to do is fit in. This thing happens and he still doesn't fit in. And he has to prove himself a hero—essentially go AWOL to save a friend. Eventually at the very end, I don't want to give away too much, but he does fit in. But it's the journey of getting him there that's interesting. And it's a lot of fun."

Sieht so aus, als würden wir doch unsere WWII Action mit dem 1. und einzig wahren Supersoldaten bekommen.  :D

UPDATE:

Joe Johnston zu Film Journal:
ZitatThe film, he says at this early stage, will begin "in 1942, 1943″ during World War II. "The stuff in the '60s and '70s [comic books] we're sort of avoiding. We're going back to the '40s, and then forward to what they're doing withCaptain America now."

So könnte Cap im Film aussehen:

Also mir würde es gefallen.

RoboLuster

8 Februar 2010, 15:36:51 #5 Letzte Bearbeitung: 8 Februar 2010, 15:58:33 von RoboLuster

Joe Johnston bestätigt Red Skull als Gegner für Captain America. :D

Johnston confirmed that the Red Skull will indeed be the villain of the first movie. Further he decided to set the majority of the movie during WWII:

"Virtually the entire story except the bookends are in World War II because we all recognize we have one chance to tell the origin story of how he became Captain America, you can't tell a modern story and then go back and tell the origin story. If you're going to do it, let's do it. Let's do it first. Everyone wanted to tell an origin story. There was a version where it was a modern story and it didn't work."

Johnston did say that they definitely are going for an American actor, preferably an unknown, and they hope to have that person by the end of February.

The First Avenger: Captain America is currently scheduled for release on July 22, 2011.

Noch ein interessantes Interview mit Regisseur Joe Johnston, bezg des Cap-Outfits. [Mit leichten Spoiler]

Klugscheisser

Ach je, schon wieder ein Remake...  :LOL: :algo: ;)

RoboLuster

Hugo Weaving als Red Skull?

According to The Hollywood Reporter's Heat Vision blog, actor Hugo Weaving is in final talks to play the lead villain know as the Red Skull in the Captain America film.

We all know Mr. Weaving for his trademark voice and dominating screen presence as a villain in The Matrix trilogy and a hero in Lord of the Rings, and many comic book fans had him as a favorite for the villainous role of Sinestro in DC Entertainment's Green Lantern. Mark Strong got that role instead and Marvel Studios gets to take advantage with Weaving's talent.

Weaving is no stranger to taking on roles where his face is concealed and where the audience is subject only to his voice. We saw this in V for Vendetta and more recently as the voice of Megatron in both Transformers movies.

Ulrik fC

Muss ich mir gleich nochmal den Albert Pyun Film reinziehen. Mal gucken obs Remake besser wird  :king: Aber super das es imm WW2 spielt  :respekt:

RoboLuster

16 März 2010, 19:57:17 #9 Letzte Bearbeitung: 16 März 2010, 20:02:20 von RoboLuster
Immer noch keinen Steve Rogers!

Am 1. März sollte bekanntgegeben werden, wer denn nun die Rolle als Cap America und den, Karriere pushenden 9-Filme-Vertrag mit Marvel, zugesagt bekommen wird. Regisseur Joe Johnston wollte einen unbekannten Jung-Schauspieler, welcher von Stars und altbekannten Darstellern umgeben werden sollte, aber nachdem die ersten 7 Auserwählten, einer nach dem anderen, ausschieden und dafür wieder neue hinzukamen, nimmt Johnston jetzt 2 bekannte Namen in die nähere Auswahl: Ryan Phillippe und Channing Tatum.

Habe hier mal die Liste aller Schauspieler, welche bisher in die nähere Auswahl kamen, rechts ist die aktuelle Liste:

Also ich bin ja schon mächtig froh, dass nicht Will Smith den Zuschlag bekommen hat... aber bitte lasst es auch nicht Phillippe werden...

StS

Chris Evans Confirmed for Captain America
Source: Heat Vision, Variety, March 22, 2010

Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four" films) has accepted Marvel Studios' offer for him to play Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Joe Johnston-directed The First Avenger: Captain America. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the script.

Marvel would not comment on the development, but we expect the official announcement will be made soon.

The deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, with the first hitting theaters on July 22, 2011.

He would reprise the role in The Avengers, which will united Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one film. That film is scheduled for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other films.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain Red Skull in The First Avenger: Captain America.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

blade2603

Chris Evans finde ich ne gute Wahl! sehe den eigentlich ganz gern.
Auf den Film freue ich mich aber auch schon sehr... Wie die ganzen Helden in einen Film passen wird sich dann in 2 Jahren zeigen.
"Jedes Publikum kriegt die Vorstellung, die es verdient." -Mario Barth
◾ Originalzitat von: Curt Goetz

(aus den Känguru Büchern)

StS

Sebastian Stan is Captain America's Bucky!
Source: The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, April 2, 2010

The Hollywood trades got the scoop that Sebastian Stan, one of many whom originally tested for the lead role in Marvel's The First Avenger: Captain America, has been cast as Bucky Barnes, Cap's sidekick to the previously-announced Chris Evans.

Like other actors, the star of the CW's "Gossip Girl" and before that, NBC's short-lived "Kings," has signed on to do five or six movies, but there's no word whether that might include any movies set in the present day or whether he'll appear in some form in The Avengers.

During World War II, Bucky Barnes was a teenage orphan too young to join the army, instead brought to the battlefield as a mascot. There, he discovered Captain America's true identity and convinced him to be his sidekick. He was subsequently killed while trying to defuse the exploding rocket that presumably also killed Captain America, but instead threw the war hero into the Arctic Circle where he was frozen for decades. Bucky was revived in recent years as The Winter Soldier, having been reprogrammed by the Soviets as an assassin.

With director Joe Johnston at the helm, The First Avenger: Captain America will begin filming in Europe over the summer for a scheduled release of July 22, 2011.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Hayley Atwell is Peggy Carter in Captain America
Source: Marvel Studios, April 15, 2010

Marvel Studios today confirmed that British actress Hayley Atwell has landed the female lead in Captain America: The First Avenger (notice the switch in the title). Here's the full press release:

Marvel Studios announced today that Hayley Atwell has been cast to star as Peggy Carter in the studio's highly anticipated movie CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER opposite Chris Evans. In the early comics, Peggy Carter fell in love with Captain America while they fought together in the war effort. The character will be updated for the feature adaptation. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Louis D'Esposito will executive produce. The film will be released in the US on July 22, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Atwell will next be seen in PILLARS OF THE EARTH, the 8-part miniseries premiering July 23 on Starz and the TV series THE PRISONER. Her film credits include THE DUCHESS, BRIDESHEAD REVISITED and CASSANDRA'S DREAM.

RoboLuster

Dann könnte ein netter Mod, den Threadtitel bitte ändern in:  Captain America: The First Avenger  

StS

Tommy Lee Jones Confirmed for Captain America
Source: LeicesterSquareTV, May 27, 2010

As rumored, Tommy Lee Jones will act in Captain America: The First Avenger in a still-unknown role. Hayley Atwell, who plays Peggy Carter in the Joe Johnston-directed comic book adaptation, confirmed the news to LeicesterSquareTV.

Rumors place the "Men in Black" star in the part of General Chester Phillips, the military officer who chooses Steve Rogers for the super soldier program and who aided in his training soon after the serum took effect.

Phillips was retconned into continuity in "Tales of Suspense #63" in 1965, just two years after Captain America was brought to Marvel's forefront as the leader of the Avengers. Phillips remained a character in the Marvel universe until 2003 when he (now retired) was killed by assassins from the underwater rival-to-Atlantis continent Lemuria.

In addition to Atwell, Jones is joining Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Sebastian Stan, Toby Jones, Samuel L. Jackson and Dominic Cooper in the July 22, 2011 release.

EvilErnie

Hab mir jetzt mal die Ultimate Avenger Zeichentrickfilme angeschaut und sie gefallen mir. Da werde ich ja hoffentlich bei dem auch nicht enttäuscht!?
,,Der Director's Cut erweist sich nicht nur als die filmisch bessere Version, sondern auch als die einzig logische." (Blade Runner)

Behandel´ne Königin wie `ne Hure und `ne Hure wie `ne Königin, dann kann nichts schiefgehen! (Alien 3 SE)

Ich hab ne Sprengkapsel im Kopf! Du musst mich töten sonst sterb ich! (Ethan Hunt)

RoboLuster

Kann Cap überhaupt enttäuschen?  ;)

Tommy Lee Jones als Ausbilder passt schonmal perfekt.

StS

Klugscheisser

Also diese komischen, am Computer generierten Previews hätten sie sich sparen können - das sieht ja furchtbar aus!
Kann sich also nur noch bessern.  :icon_twisted:

StS

Stanley Tucci to Star in Captain America
Source: Marvel Studios, June 7, 2010

Marvel Studios announced today that Oscar-nominated actor Stanley Tucci has been cast to star as Dr. Abraham Erskine in the studio's highly anticipated movie Captain America: The First Avenger opposite Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Hugo Weaving, and Hayley Atwell.

In the early comics, Dr. Erskine was a German scientist behind Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that created the Super Soldier known as Captain America. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige will produce Captain America: The First Avenger. Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Louis D'Esposito will executive produce. The film will be released in the US on July 22, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Captain America: The First Avenger will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Tucci's credits include Julie & Julia, Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award, and The Devil Wears Prada. He can next be seen in the upcoming comedy Easy A as well as the upcoming movie musical Burlesque.

StS

Neal McDonough Confirmed for Captain America
Source: MTV, Deadline, June 7, 2010

Neal McDonough, who last week was indicated a near-lock by Deadline, confirmed that he will be taking the part of Dum Dum Dugan in Captain America: The First Avenger in an interview with MTV.

Also of interest are McDonough's comments about the military unit, The Howling Commandos, and the role they play in the film. According to McDonough, the team may swap names before shooting begins.

"It may change," the actor told MTV, "I'm reading a few things that it might change, but at this point, it still is [the Howling Commandos]."

Fans may recall that early reports had Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige claiming that The Invaders would fight along Captain America in the film, but it was later revealed that Feige was actually referring to The Howling Commandos.

Reasons for a name change are unknown as are the reasons behind it (be they creative or legal). What does seem certain at this point is that the members of The Howling Commandos will be present and that Neal McDonough will be among them.

StS

StS

Captain America Costume Photos Online
Source: The Daily Mail, September 8, 2010

The first photographs of the Captain America costume are now online courtesy of The Daily Mail.

The outfit, seen below, is reportedly worn in these shots by a stuntman and not Chris Evans himself. The scene involves a motorbike chase between Steve Rogers and agents of H.Y.D.R.A., as pictured in the second image down.

StS

StS

Robi

- "My god, it's Adolf Hitler!"

- "This is Sam Smith!
  He's our undercover expert.
  He's only disguised as Adolf Hitler."

StS

Klugscheisser

Unter der Maske sieht der Evans aber sehr komisch aus. Mmh, gefällt mir irgendwie nicht. Ansonsten geht der Look in Ordnung.

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020