OFDb

A Ghost Story (Casey Affleck & Rooney Mara)

Begonnen von StS, 31 März 2017, 11:25:43

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Ironically similar to Patrick Swayze's Ghost, David Lowery's (Pete's Dragon, Peter Pan) festival hit A Ghost Story it set to hit theaters on July 7th.

Casey Affleck (ParaNorman, The Killer Inside Me) and Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, A Nightmare on Elm Street) star in this story of a ghost and the house he haunts. In the first trailer it appears that Affleck puts on the sheet and looks over Mara similar to how Swayze watched over Demi Moore in Ghost. It's clearly not a horror story, although you have to wonder if the two will interact come the film's finale.

A Ghost Story was one of the hottest tickets out of this past January's Sundance Film Festival where A24, the company behind The Witch, The Blackcoat's Daughter, Green Room and Ex Machina, acquired it.

Will Oldham, Sonia Acevedo, Rob Zabrecky and Liz Franke also star.

! No longer available

Was für Indie-Freunde. Schau ich mir gern mal an.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

PierrotLeFou

Hat mir ziemlich gut gefallen. Wirkte wie eine Mischung aus "Enter the Void", "Tree of Life", "Uncle Boonmee..." Leider habe ich mich vorher noch angeschaut, welche filmischen Einflüsse der Regisseur angegeben hat - das war dann schwer, das zu ignorieren, obwohl die eigentlich gar nicht allzu aufdringlich ausgefallen sind.
Abgesehen von einer kürzeren, aber sehr geschwätzigen Szene, in der viele Überlegungen des Films doch etwas zu explizit besprochen werden, war das ein schön ruhiger, melancholischer Film über Vergänglichkeit und Erinnerung und Sinnstiftungsversuche...
8/10

Habe erst hinterher bemerkt, dass der Regisseur auch das Schmunzeldrachen-Remake gedreht hatte, welches ich auch kürzlich erst gesehen habe... :icon_mrgreen:
"Eines Tages werde ich ein wahrhaft großes Drama schreiben. Niemand wird verstehen, worauf es hinaus will, aber alle werden nach Hause gehen mit einem vagen Gefühl der Unzufriedenheit mit ihrem Leben und ihrer Umgebung. Dann werden sie neue Tapeten aufhängen und die Sache vergessen." (Saki)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020