OFDb

Honey Boy (Biopic von, mit und über Shia LaBeouf)

Begonnen von StS, 18 März 2018, 16:30:07

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

18 März 2018, 16:30:07 Letzte Bearbeitung: 8 August 2019, 16:40:22 von StS
Eine frühe Meldung - aber ein Projekt, das ich im Auge behalten werde, da Shia immer wieder für "Entertainment" gut ist...

Zitat von: undefinedShia LaBeouf's career has been a roller coaster ride of blockbuster hits, indie flicks, WTF moments, and performance art pieces. The last few years have been a surreal experience for anyone watching his career from the outside, especially now as news broke that LaBeouf has co-written and will star in a biopic about his own life. LaBeouf will not be playing himself, however, and that honor will be going to Oscar-nominee Lucas Hedges.

The biopic is called HONEY BOY, and per Variety, the story is about "a child star attempting to mend his relationship with his law-breaking, alcohol-abusing father over the course of a decade." Hedges will play the actor in his younger days, and LaBeouf will play his own father in the movie. LaBeouf co-wrote the movie under the pseudonym Otis Lort (per THR), and the movie is being directed by Alma Har'el (the documentary BOMBAY BEACH).

Playing his own father in a movie about himself may sound like a meta, arthouse, undoubtedly strange way to go about doing the movie, but this is hardly the most "out there" thing he has done. This comes after LaBeouf screened a marathon of all the movies he's been in, with himself in attendance, as well as numerous performance art pieces. One of them, #TAKEMEANYWHERE, involved him being picked up by strangers and being taken, well, anywhere.

Hedges is an upcoming talent who rose to fame in the movie MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, for which he earned an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor. He made a second trip to the Oscars this year, this time part of the casts for Best Picture-nominated THREE BILLBOARDS OUTSIDE EBBING, MISSOURI and LADY BIRD. No doubt, playing LaBeouf will be his crowning achievement forever and always.

LaBeouf has been going all out when it comes to artistic projects, but on the movie front, he's been doing some noticeably great work. He's received acclaim for movies like FURY, AMERICAN HONEY, and BORG/MCENROE, with critics praising his boldness and nuance. Perhaps playing his father will prove a genius movie, allowing him to explore a tough part of his life from a different perspective.

Sources: Variety, THR, Joblo

Feiern wir diese Meldung also einfach auf angepasste Weise - mit der feinen Live-Version des Songs "Shia LaBeouf" von Rob Cantor:

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Dr. Schnabel

Hmm,.. bin ich der einzige, der findet, dass sich das so und jetzt im Augenblick ziemlich peinlich und bescheuert anhört, wenn der Bub mit seinen jungen Jahren schon damit beginnt, sich selbst abzufeiern? Ich fände so eine Konstellation ja noch nicht einmal bei de Niro toll. Aber bei La Buff?!! Ist das ein Scherz?

:LOL:
... alias: Der Zerquetscher

StS

Er ist halt ein exzentrischer Künstler, der Shia. Die dürfen das.  ;)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Dr. Schnabel

Zitat von: StS am 19 März 2018, 19:36:42
Er ist halt ein exzentrischer Künstler, der Shia. Die dürfen das.  ;)

"Exzentrischer Künstler" oder "verzogener Fratz"?  :icon_mrgreen:

Aber gut. Mir ist das eh egal, was der da macht. Der Film interessiert mich als potentielle Abendunterhaltung ungefähr so sehr wie Unterwasser-Steck-Schach.
... alias: Der Zerquetscher

JasonXtreme

Hey er is über 30, to the max am Limit und ein Biopic hat seine Daseinsberechtigung. Der hat ja durchaus schon paar Suffaktionen gehabt  :king:
"Hör mal, du kannst mein Ding nicht Prinzessin Sofia nennen. Wenn du meinem Ding schon einen Namen geben willst, dann muss es schon was supermaskulines sein. Sowas wie Spike oder Butch oder Krull, The Warrior King, aber NICHT Prinzessin Sofia."

mali

Er hat in Filmen von Michael Bay und Steven Spielberg/George Lucas mitgewirkt - das disqualifiziert ihn für alle Zeiten von dem Titel "Künstler" :-)

StS

20 März 2018, 11:30:27 #6 Letzte Bearbeitung: 8 August 2019, 16:40:51 von StS
Zitat von: mali am 20 März 2018, 10:50:15Er hat in Filmen von Michael Bay und Steven Spielberg/George Lucas mitgewirkt - das disqualifiziert ihn für alle Zeiten von dem Titel "Künstler" :-)

Jugendsünden.  :icon_lol:

"Ausdruckstanz" beherrscht er übrigens auch...  ;)

Gutes, interessantes Video, meiner Meinung nach.

Mr. Blonde

Zitat von: mali am 20 März 2018, 10:50:15
Er hat in Filmen von Michael Bay und Steven Spielberg/George Lucas mitgewirkt - das disqualifiziert ihn für alle Zeiten von dem Titel "Künstler" :-)

Drew Struzan.  :icon_razz:

Artikel & News zu Filmen, Games, Musik & Technik

DisposableMiffy

Malick wäre eine passende Wahl als Regisseur, der hat seinen Kopf ähnlich tief im eigenen Arsch.
letterboxd.com

Dumm geboren, nichts dazu gelernt und die Hälfte davon vergessen.

Hearing only what you wanna hear and knowing only what you've heard.

StS

Maika Monroe (It Follows/the Guest) macht mit, während Shia von Lucas Hedges (Lady Bird) und Noah Jupe (A Quiet Place) verkörpert wird...

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020