OFDb

Mary Shelley (Biopic mit Elle Fanning)

Begonnen von StS, 13 April 2018, 08:52:03

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

"I have a fire in my soul, and I will no longer allow you or anyone else to contain it."

We've seen countless movies about her greatest creation, but the story of Frankenstein author Mary Shelley will finally be told in Haifaa Al-Mansour's Mary Shelley, a biopic starring Elle Fanning (The Neon Demon) as the titular icon. In the film...

"Passionate and rebellious teenager Mary Wollstonecraft finds a kindred spirit in poet Percy Shelley. Their whirlwind love affair scandalizes polite society, as the young couple gorge on literature and a bohemian life. When tragedy strikes and the couple lose their baby daughter, Mary strikes back, finding the courage and bravery to transform her pain into the world's first science fiction novel, 'Frankenstein' – all by the age of 18."

You can watch the trailer and check out the poster art below.

Douglas Booth (Loving Vincent), Bel Powley (The Diary of a Teenage Girl), Tom Sturridge (Far from the Madding Crowd) and Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse) also star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-WGaZaojFc

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

PierrotLeFou

Auf den warte ich nun schon eine Ewigkeit (obwohl die Kritiken ja bescheiden ausfallen). Haifaa Al-Mansour, die erste Regisseurin Saudi-Arabiens - deren "Mädchen Wadjda" mir recht gut gefallen hatte - hat einen Film über die Tochter einer der wegweisendsten Frauenrechtlerinnen gedreht, die zudem in "Frankenstein" bisweilen den Einfluss ihrer Mutter durchscheinen lässt. Finde ich enorm spannend...
Zudem ist die berüchtigte Nacht am Genfer See ein Motiv, das ich immer wieder gerne verfilmt sehe... :D
"Eines Tages werde ich ein wahrhaft großes Drama schreiben. Niemand wird verstehen, worauf es hinaus will, aber alle werden nach Hause gehen mit einem vagen Gefühl der Unzufriedenheit mit ihrem Leben und ihrer Umgebung. Dann werden sie neue Tapeten aufhängen und die Sache vergessen." (Saki)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020