Ma (mit Octavia Spencer von Tate Taylor... und Blumhouse)

Erstellt von StS, 14 Februar 2019, 13:43:33

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

StS

Everybody's welcome at Ma's. But good luck getting home safe.

Universal Pictures just released the first trailer for Ma, a new Blumhouse thriller that looks stranger than any film in the last few years. The premise is really weird and feels completely unrealistic; Oscar winner Octavia Spencer stars as Sue Ann, a loner who keeps to herself in her quiet Ohio town. One day, she is asked by Maggie, a new teenager in town (Diana Silvers), to buy some booze for her and her friends, and Sue Ann sees the chance to make some unsuspecting, if younger, friends of her own.

Ma also stars Juliette Lewis (August: Osage County, Natural Born Killers) as Maggie's mom, Luke Evans (Beauty and the Beast, Dracula Untold) as a local dad, Missi Pyle (Gone Girl) as his girlfriend, and McKaley Miller (TV's "Hart of Dixie"), Corey Fogelmanis (TV's "Girl Meets World"), Gianni Paolo (TV's "Power") and Dante Brown ("Lethal Weapon" TV series) as Maggie's friends.

From Tate Taylor, the acclaimed director of The Help and Get On Up, and blockbuster producer Jason Blum (Get Out, Halloween, The Purge series) comes a thriller anchored by a daring and unexpected performance from Spencer, one of the most powerful actors of her generation.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIvbEC8N3cA

Allein schon dank Spencer und Taylor interessant.
Der Trailer verrät aber leider etwas viel...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

McClane

Taylor ist natürlich eher ein Riesen-Warnsignal, aber ansonsten sieht das Ganze durchaus gut aus. Aber ich habe auch Angst, dass der Trailer schon zu viel verrät.
"Was würde Joe tun? Joe würde alle umlegen und ein paar Zigaretten rauchen." [Last Boy Scout]

"testosteronservile Actionfans mit einfachen Plotbedürfnissen, aber benzingeschwängerten Riesenklöten"
(Moonshade über yours truly)