OFDb

Child’s Play bzw "Chucky" Serie

Begonnen von StS, 14 Oktober 2018, 12:27:38

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Zusätzlich zum Reboot und zu potentiellen weiteren Sequels der alten Reihe geht´s mit der Serie ebenfalls voran...

ZitatScreamfest held a 20th anniversary screening of Bride of Chucky and Bloody-Disgusting moderated the Q&A with writer Don Mancini, producer and Chucky/Tiffany designer David Kirschner and star Nick Stabile. The Chucky gang are still developing a "Chucky" TV series. Mancini confirmed that the series would not only pick up after the latest movie sequel, Cult of Chucky, but also introduce new characters and storylines.

"We deliberately ended Cult with a bunch of cliffhangers to set up a TV series," Mancini said.

"Because there are so many different threads now, television could best accommodate that so that was done intentionally. At the same time, we have a whole new world, a bunch of new characters which we can say nothing about."

Kirschner suggested that the new characters of the TV series would return to the concept of the original Child's Play, with Chucky terrorizing a child in the guise of his favorite toy.

"The only thing I think we can say is from the original film that Don wrote, Child's Play, we are playing with that concept again, the idea of child's play," Kirschner said. "I'll let you guys fill in the pieces of that."

Mancini filled it in. "It involves children," Mancini said.

The Chucky series has constantly reinvented itself. Bride made it a self-referential comedy, but Curse of Chucky brought it back to the horror/thriller world. Cult expanded the voodoo mythology even further. Television is the next frontier for Chucky, and shows like Hannibal, which Mancini wrote for, show that horror can be just as effective on television, and perhaps even more so.

"We saw that after seven movies, how can we flip again?" Mancini said. "So this time not by merely changing genre but by changing medium. This will give us a different kind of canvas, a much bigger canvas to explore characters and relationships."

(Bloody-Disgusting.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Mancini berichtet...

Zitat"From having worked on Hannibal and Channel Zero, I just really enjoyed it, and I saw an opportunity to reinvent the franchise yet again," Mancini explained to Garris. "We've reinvented it in different ways, by making it a comedy and then back to horror... but the sheer storytelling real estate that doing 8-to-10 episodes gives us will allow us to delve into characters and relationships in a way that we're never afforded in just a 90 minute movie. That's really exciting to me."

He continued, "So we're gonna be able to explore different avenues, with different characters, that are among fan favorites. Ya know, a lot of times people will say, 'I'd love to see... what's Tiffany's backstory? And what about Glen and Glenda?' All these different avenues... now we have a way of exploring all of this. And that's really exciting."

"But I'm also excited about inviting new voices into the process," Mancini added. "I am really excited about inviting other very talented writers and seeing what they'll bring into it."

(Bloody-Disgusting.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Mr. Blonde

18 Juli 2020, 21:34:22 #3 Letzte Bearbeitung: 18 Juli 2020, 21:37:40 von Mr. Blonde
Bei dem Bildformat (Sicher für Smartphones optimiert) würde ich mir fast wünschen, die Serie käme in 4:3 raus.

Am Ende habe ich fast den Eindruck, als würde man zwei unterschiedliche Sprecher lachen hören.  :denk: Klingt aber schon nach Dourif. Dazu das "Chucky 2"-Theme. Heftiges Interesse von meiner Seite aus. ;)

Artikel & News zu Filmen, Games, Musik & Technik

RoboLuster

18 Juli 2020, 22:49:20 #4 Letzte Bearbeitung: 18 Juli 2020, 22:50:53 von RoboLuster
Ist auf jeden Fall Dourif, falls das in Frage steht, habs gleich nach dem Gelächter auf imdb nachgeschaut, und freue mich, dass er an Bord ist (war auch bischen überrascht),. Gibt der Serie gleich ne ganz andere Gewichtung.
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

Mr. Blonde

Zitat von: RoboLuster am 18 Juli 2020, 22:49:20Ist auf jeden Fall Dourif, falls das in Frage steht, habs gleich nach dem Gelächter auf imdb nachgeschaut, und freue mich, dass er an Bord ist (war auch bischen überrascht).

Ja, das hat mich gewundert. Aber das zweite Lachen danach klang so dunkel und merklich gealtert. Vielleicht hat man da einen alten und einen neuen Take miteinander verwoben?

Artikel & News zu Filmen, Games, Musik & Technik

RoboLuster

Hatte mich auch irritiert, es klingt seltsam. Ich schreibe es der typischen Hysterie zu, die Brad Dourif immer in die Rolle einfließen lässt. Unterschiedliche Stimmlagen, von hoch bis dunkel, gehörten schon immer zu Chuckys markanten Merkmalen.
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

StS

26 Juli 2021, 10:39:16 #7 Letzte Bearbeitung: 26 Juli 2021, 10:42:34 von StS

Brad Dourif is back as Chucky and Jennifer Tilly is back as Tiffany in "Chucky," which will continue the storylines from the *original* movies and their recent sequels, Curse and Cult of Chucky. Also returning are Fiona Dourif as Nica Pierce, Alex Vincent as Andy Barclay, and Christine Elise as Kyle. Devon Sawa (Final Destination, Hunter Hunter) also stars.

"Chucky" has been described as a "fresh take on the franchise" that'll "explore Chucky's character with a depth that is uniquely afforded by the television series format."

In the series, "After a vintage Chucky doll turns up at a suburban yard sale, an idyllic American town is thrown into chaos as a series of horrifying murders begin to expose the town's hypocrisies and secrets. Meanwhile, the arrival of enemies — and allies — from Chucky's past threatens to expose the truth behind the killings, as well as the demon doll's untold origins as a seemingly ordinary child who somehow became this notorious monster."

"Chucky" is executive produced by Nick Antosca ("Channel Zero").

StS

StS

StS

DukeNukem69

Finde die Serie bisher ehrlich gesagt sehr schwach, erst zum Ende hin (letzte 2-3 Folgen) passiert mal etwas mehr!

Ansonsten viel zuviel Teenie Probleme und der obligatorische Chucky Kill pro Folge.

Leider schließt die Serie direkt an den letzten Film an, deswegen muss man als Fan da leider durch!

Aber mit dem Cliffhanger am Schluß, nimmt die 2. Staffel (startet am 26.01. auf SyFy) hoffentlich mehr Fahrt auf als bisher... :frech3:

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020