OFDb

Pusher (in London angesiedeltes Remake)

Begonnen von StS, 3 Mai 2011, 18:49:57

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Ein Remake in englischer Sprache wird gerade in GB gedreht - ist also keine Hollywood-Produktion.
Refn ist als Produzent mit von der Partie...

ZitatVertigo Films and Embargo Films are delighted to announce that principal photography will commence on the highly anticipated English language remake of Nicolas Winding Refn's film PUSHER, on May 8th, 2011. Directed by LUIS PRIETO, lead cast include international super model and actress AGYNESS DEYN; Brit superstar, RICHARD COYLE (W.E./ Prince of Persia); BRONSON WEBB (The Tudors/Robin Hood/Dead Man Running) and PAUL KAYE (It's All Gone Pete Tong/Match Point). NICOLAS WINDING REFN takes on the role of Executive Producer, with Rupert Preston from Vertigo Films and Chris Simon and Felix Vossen from Embargo Films producing. International Sales are handled by Gaumont International.

As edgy and explosive as Nicolas Winding Refn's 1996 cult classic, this English language remake tells the story of a week in the life of FRANK, a big time drug pusher in London. Frank's life is a fun-filled rollercoaster of a ride that soon spins out of control. Friendships start to vanish, there is no longer room for love within his life, and violence takes over. Danger and chaos are all around and he becomes a man trapped in his own world. Eventually Frank is left with no one to turn to and nowhere to go, becoming a man paralysed with the fear of knowing there is no way of preventing his inevitable fate. Fast-paced, visually striking, witty and with some of acting's finest talents, Pusher will have you gripped from beginning to end.

Executive Producer, Nicolas Winding Refn, commented: "Pusher was the film that launched my career and to have Luis Prieto direct the remake in London will be an exciting venture. It's a classic tale with strong characters and has an engaging narrative. To see my characters, Frank and Tony in London, one of the most exciting and diverse cities in the world, is an opportunity not to be missed.

I have worked with Rupert Preston, partner of Vertigo Films, in a number of capacities. Not only is he the UK distributer of all my films including the Pusher Trilogy, he also produced my film BRONSON. With him, nothing can go wrong. Together, Rupert Preston and I have
been known to take creative risks, push projects to new platforms and deliver outstanding performances.

Vertigo Films is a great team. Working with them again will continue our relationship. A remake of PUSHER in London promises to be a powerful project that will excite the world. This will not let you down."

Pusher director, Luis Prieto, commented: "I am delighted to be on board such an exciting project and having the chance to work with Nicolas Winding Refn. PUSHER will be thrilling, funny, fast paced and visually striking."

Rupert Preston from Vertigo Films commented: "I get goosebumps just hearing the original title music again. This is going to be awesome. PUSHER re-made, updated and set in London – can it get any better than that!"

Chris Simon and Felix Vossen from Embargo Films commented: "Luis is hugely talented and we couldn't be more excited to be working with him on his re-imagining of Nicolas' seminal PUSHER. Together with our friends at Vertigo we can't wait to bring his vision of the film to the big screen."

Shooting will take place over 5 weeks, in London's Shoreditch and Dalston.

(Press Release, Vertigo Films, Embargo Films)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Nibi

Ob Hollywood oder nicht, unsinnig bleibt es. Die Original Trilogie ist grandios und bedarf keines Remakes!
-It's blood
-Son of a bitch

StS

Zitat von: Nibi am  3 Mai 2011, 21:53:04
Ob Hollywood oder nicht, unsinnig bleibt es. Die Original Trilogie ist grandios und bedarf keines Remakes!

Naja, beschwer Dich beim Schöpfer der Trilogie, der das ja offenbar ganz anders sieht.   ;)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

lastboyscout

Selbst mit Beteiligung von Refn, als Fan der Originale stehe ich dem Projekt extrem skeptisch gegenueber.  :andy:
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

StS

jimmybondy72

Wow dachte das solch ein Remake total überflüssig seie, aber der Trailer spricht mich dennoch extrem an, werd ich nicht dran vorbei kommen! :D
"You haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies."

Mr. Blonde

Sieht ja ganz schick aus (wenn auch unpassend), aber den Sinn verstehe ich nicht. Gerade "Pusher" lebt von Kim Bodnias absoluter "Leckt mich alle am Arsch"-Haltung und dem Fehlen jeglicher Besorgnis. Der Trailer zeigt nun einen völlig anderen Frank, (der besorgt ist und Emotionen zeigt) dafür aber erneut Zlatko Buric als Milo. Den kann natürlich niemand anders spielen, was imo aber auch auf Frank zutrifft.

Im Grunde wird hier altes mit neuen Farben angemalt und mich reizt das einfach nicht. "Pusher" im Hochglanzformat? Da setze ich aus.

Artikel & News zu Filmen, Games, Musik & Technik

Dracula

Spam following:

Vorallem wirds schwierig für mich werden den Trottel "Jeff" aus Coupling als Franke zu sehen. "Milo, ich hab zu viele BEINE!"  :LOL:
Wenn Steven Seagal ins Wasser springt wird er nicht nass, aber das Wasser wird Steven Seagal...

Into each generation, a slayer is born.   

THIS IS WHO WE ARE

lastboyscout

Hab mir heute mal die BluRay ausgeliehen und wurde dann, wie erwartet, enttauescht.
Genau der oben angefuehrte Kritikpunkt, das Frank auf einmal Gefuehle zeigt machte extrem viel zunichte.
Der Film ist gut gefilmt, geht flott voran, aber die Dreckigkeit der Originale ist niemals auch nur ansatzweise zu sehen.
Wirklich schade.
Vielleicht wenn man die grandiosen Originale nicht kennt kann man dem hier mehr abgewinnen.
Selbst das Wiedersehen mit Zlatko Buric machte da nix wett.
Als eigenstaendigen Film wuerd ich ihm so 6/10 geben, in Hinsicht auf die Originale waere ich wohl eher bei ner 3 oder 4/10 Punkten.
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020