OFDb

Godkiller

Begonnen von StS, 9 Juni 2009, 08:30:33

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Directed by award-winning filmmaker Matt Pizzolo.
Illustrated by Anna Muckcracker.
Animated by Brian Giberson.
Starring: Danielle Harris (Halloween, H2), Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Pumpkinhead), Justin Pierre (singer of Motion City Soundtrack), Tiffany Shepis (Night of the Demons), Bill Moseley (TCM 2, The Devil's Rejects), Nicki Clyne ("Battlestar Gallactica"), Katie Nisa (Threat), Lydia Lunch (Hardcore), and Davey Havok (singer of A.F.I.).

GODKILLER is the epic story of a boy on a quest to save his dying sister. Based on the comic book Pizzolo created with Muckcracker, GODKILLER takes place in a dark-future after economic collapse, after nuclear holy war, and after Earth is colonized by alien races. Tommy and his kid sister Lucy live in an orphanage in one of the few remaining city-states, but Lucy is critically ill and desperately in need of a new heart. Tommy's odyssey to find a new heart for his sister begins when he follows an organ-stealing prostitute named Halfpipe out of the city-state and into the savage borderland known as Outer City. GODKILLER mixes unforgiving brutality, quantum physics, conspiracy theory, and secret history for an iconoclastic hero's journey like none before it.

Teaser:
http://godkiller.tv/blog/

Trailer:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16420

ZitatThe 'illustrated film' Pizzolo, Muckcracker, and Giberson are creating for the adaption mixes elements of anime, radio drama, video games, and motion comics. Utilizing the original artwork from the comic book, the 'illustrated film' adds motion animation, visual effects, elaborate sound design, music, and voice-acting performances.

Pizzolo explained "when we decided to make an anime adaptation of the comic book, I couldn't see how a traditional animated approach would do justice to Anna's incredibly lush and detailed illustrations. It made perfect sense to adapt the medium to suit her art, rather than vice versa."

"We have this crazy idea to release the movie in short-form, episodic DVDs like a comic book, and then collect them into one feature length DVD--like when a comic book mini-series is collected into a graphic novel," Pizzolo explains in the Godkiller.tv blog.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

lastboyscout

Hm, bei dem Projekt bin ich etwas unentschlossen, ob der was fuer mich ist.
Als Fan des Genres werde ich natuerlich nen Blick riskieren, aber zuviel erwarte ich mir dabei nicht.
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020