OFDb

After Dark Originals 2011

Begonnen von StS, 28 Januar 2011, 20:37:20

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

28 Januar 2011, 20:37:20 Letzte Bearbeitung: 28 Januar 2011, 20:49:00 von StS

Pressemitteilung:

Building on the success and awareness of the After Dark Horrorfest 8 Films To Die For® brand, After Dark Films, in cooperation with Lionsgate and NBC Universal's Syfy, has created a new series, After Dark Originals (ADO).

Tapping into the vast and innovative talent of directors and filmmakers from Horrorfest's acquisitions over the past four years, After Dark has taken the horror festival concept to a higher level. After Dark Originals showcases eight new cutting edge horror films spanning the genre. The mission is to create high quality horror films that provide After Dark full control from script concept through final editing. The first installment of ADO includes Husk, Fertile Ground, Scream of the Banshee, Prowl, The Task, Re-Kill, Seconds Apart, and 51. Notable directors and writers include Brett Simmons, whose short film Husk took Sundance by storm several years ago, Steven C. Miller of Automaton Transfusion fame, and previous After Dark writer/director Adam Gierasch (Autopsy). All ADO films were shot in the US and Bulgaria.

"The writers and directors in our After Dark Originals line are outstanding. We are excited to showcase their work and give a home to all this fresh young talent that we will continue to develop over time", says After Dark Films owner and CEO, Courtney Solomon.

http://www.afterdarkoriginals.com/

...die Trailer kommen gerade nach und nach raus:
Schaut nach netter Genre-Kost aus, die Reihe - erste Reviews bestätigen das auch!  :D

"Festival Trailer":

After Dark Originals Main Event Trailer 2011
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

28 Januar 2011, 20:42:47 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 28 Januar 2011, 20:49:33 von StS

Director: Adam Gierasch
Screenwriter: Adam Gierasch, Jace Anderson
Starring: Gale Harold, Leisha Hailey, Jami Bassman, JoNell Kennedy

Emily and Nate Weaver leave the city for the rural comfort of Nate's ancestral home in New Hampshire. There, isolated and haunted by inexplicable noises and horrifying visions, Emily learns she's pregnant while Nate is possessed by the homicidal spirit of his forbearers. In a house haunted by past victims, Emily learns that she's the latest target in a murderous tradition.

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17856

Director: Patrik Syversen
Screenwriter: Tim Tori
Starring: Ruta Gedmintas, Joshua Bowman, Courtney Hope, Bruce Payne, Jamie Blackley, George Oliver

Amber dreams of escaping her small town and persuades her friends to accompany her apartment-hunting in the big city. When their transportation breaks down, Amber and friends gratefully accept a ride in the back of a semi. But when the driver refuses to stop and they discover the cargo is cartons of blood, they panic. Soon, panic turns to terror when the truck disgorges into a dark, abandoned warehouse where blood-thirsty creatures learn to hunt human prey, which the friends realize is what they have now become...

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17889

Director: Valeri Milev
Screenwriter: Michael Hurst
Starring: Scott Adkins, Daniella Alonso, Bruce Payne, Roger R. Cross, Raicho Vasilev, Jesse Garcia, Rocky Marshall

Five years after the Outbreak, a zombie menace is supposed to be waning. But the brave men and women of R-Division, who find and destroy the undead, are seeing signs of a second Outbreak which humanity may not survive. The footage about the men and women of R-Division and their grim, dangerous but essential job of exterminating re-animated humans, was shot the week previous by an embedded journalist during a long, deadly day. Only the film survived.

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17894

Director: Brett Simmons
Screenwriter: Brett Simmons
Starring: Wes Chatham, Devon Graye, CJ Thomason, Tammin Sursok

Stranded in a desolate field after a car wreck, a group of young friends go in search of help. Coming to a farmhouse, they think they've found sanctuary. Instead they are drawn to the center of a terrifying supernatural ritual.

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17726

Director: Simon Fellows
Screenwriter: Kenny Yakkel
Starring: Victor McGuire, Alexandra Staden, Adam Rayner, Antonia Campbell-Hughes, Amara Karan, Tom Payne

Something diabolical is taking place on the set of "The Task," a new reality show in which players complete terrifying missions within the confines of an abandoned prison, hoping to win a hefty cash prize. As six young students explore their new environment, malicious spirits make their presence known in the most gruesome ways imaginable. The contestants become unwitting pawns caught at the centre of a blood-soaked night of terror. Only one girl survives to tell the tale...

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17778
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Imdb Ofdb

Director: Antonio Negret
Screenwriter: George Richards
Starring: Gary Entin, Edmund Entin, Orlando Jones, Samantha Droke, David Jensen, Louis Herthum, Morgana Shaw

Judging by their privileged lifestyles, one would never guess that Seth and Jonah are murderous twins who share an evil kinship. Damned from the moment of their births, the brothers possess a gruesome talent for telekinesis a power they use in the most horrific ways imaginable. As fellow students meet gory fates, the local law enforcement begins to suspect the twins' connection to the depraved murders. What started as a jealous rage escalates into a supernatural showdown pitting brother against brother...evil against evil.

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=17902

StS

Director: Jason Connery
Screenwriter: Kenny Yakkel
Starring: Rachel Miner, Jason London, Bruce Boxleitner, Vanessa Branch, John Shea, ...

Imdb  Ofdb

Due to political pressure, the Air Force has decided to allow limited access to its most secret military base. During this unprecedented visit, a test goes awry, causing a shutdown of the entire base. Everyone becomes locked in the underground confines of the operation, and soon discover they are not alone. But who or "what" is locked in with them in this terrifying destination of terror?

Trailer:
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=18234

Inspektor Yuen

Da sind ja einige Filme dabei die mich interessieren..  :respekt:

Adkins vs Infizierte  :dodo:
"Wenn ich jetzt sterben würde, was würdest du machen?" -"Ich würd dich nicht sterben lassen!"

StS

StS

Hitfield

8 November 2011, 17:07:59 #7 Letzte Bearbeitung: 8 November 2011, 17:09:57 von Hitfield
"51" von Jason Connery ("The Devil's Tomb") steht seit knapp zwei Wochen in den Videotheken.

Wirklich gutes Thema, das leider viel zu konventionell mit bekannten Genre-Versatzstücken erzählt wird. Da hätte man viel mehr rausholen können (
Spoiler: zeige
statt "Aliens"-Hatz und 10-kleine-Negerlein-Schablone hätte die Gruppe zum Beispiel zu den außerirdischen Waffen greifen können, um die ausgebrochenen Aliens zu erledigen - damit hatte ich eigentlich fest gerechnet. Außerdem hatte ich beim Ausbruch der Aliens mit mehr Überraschungen und Abwechslung gerechnet. Etwas weniger sterile, dafür aber größere Sets sowie etwas mehr Mystery hätten dem Film auch gutgetan
).

Die solide Inszenierung, die gute Besetzung, die Prise Selbstironie und der Charme, der B-Movies heutzutage nicht mehr allzu oft auszeichnet, rettet die Produktion knapp ins Mittelfeld, wenn ich ein Auge zudrücke. 5/10
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

Filmliebhaber-Tom

Hab mir "The Task" angeschaut und war jetzt nicht so dermassen angetan.
Recht langatmig und der Killer recht unbeängstigend.
Auf jeden Fall einer der schwächsten After-Dark-Filme der Reihe.

Meine Review:

http://filmchecker.wordpress.com/2011/11/10/filmreview-the-task-2010/

http://filmchecker.wordpress.com/

Aktuelle Horrorfilmreviews und Infos rund um den Horrorfilm auf meinem Filmblog

Hitfield

Gesichtet: Scream of the Banshee

Die Banshee ist eine im Horrorgenre noch unverbrauchte Figur und die Tempelritter-Backstory mit dem Würfel ganz nett. Überhaupt ist das erste Drittel bis nach dem Öffnen des Würfels gelungen. Die Schauspieler sind in Ordnung, die Atmosphäre stimmig und die traditionell gemachten Effekte (wenige CGIs, in erster Linie Make-up und Masken) schön schleimig-blutig. Zudem gibt es ein paar simple, aber ordentliche Schockmomente - auch dank der Tonspur.

Die Banshee-Fratze sieht gut aus und erinnerte mich ein wenig an einen Critter. Die andere Banshee-Erscheinung ist dagegen nicht so aufregend - etwas in der Art hat man schon öfter gesehen. Leider läuft der Film dann spätestens ab der Hälfte in vorhersehbaren Bahnen ab, was das Wegrennen, Verstecken und Abmurksen angeht. Im letzten Drittel wird es recht konfus, und ausgerechnet Lance Henriksen nervt mit einer lustlosen Performance seiner schwach konzipierten Figur (exzentrisch schön und gut, aber warum die ganzen Schaufensterpuppen? warum die Messie-Villa?).

Sofern Henriksen keinen Fatsuit getragen hat, hat er übrigens heftig zugenommen, seit ich ihn das letzte Mal in den Pumpkinhead-, Screamers-, Alone in the Dark- und Hellraiser-Sequels sowie Lost Island und Deadwater gesehen habe. Ach ja, die 90er-Jahre Schönheit Lauren Holly (Turbulence, Dumm und Dümmer, Ford Fairlane, Picket Fences) habe ich nicht wiedererkannt.

4 / 10, aber immerhin ist der Film in seiner ganzen Machart ein "echtes" Horror-B-Movie alter Schule und könnte auch aus der Zeit von Werken wie Critters, Cellar Dweller etc. stammen.

Moonshade

"Husk" hatte ich bereits für die ofdb reviewt.
Gefiel mir für das Minibudget eigentlich ganz gut, seltsame Atmosphäre und nicht zu viele dämliche Füller. Kurz, seltsam und teilweise unheimlich - man kann also mit Vogelscheuchen doch noch was Brauchbares anstellen.

7/10
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Hitfield

Prowl

Survival-Horror als
Spoiler: zeige
Coming-of-age-Vampirstory
- auf diese Verbindung muss man erst mal kommen! Der erwähnte Aspekt funktioniert als Backstory im bescheidenen Rahmen des Films sogar erstaunlich gut, wodurch die Teenager/Twens bei weitem nicht so nerven wie sonst im Genre üblich und sich auch nicht ganz so blöde verhalten. Die Besetzung ist durchweg gut, wennauch völlig unbekannt. Bis auf Bruce Payne natürlich (Passagier 57, Full Eclipse, Highlander: Endgame), der Edward Norton mittlerweile zum Verwechseln ähnlich sieht. Wäre schön, wenn Payne mal wieder öfter im DtV-Bereich zu sehen wäre.

Die Inszenierung ist in Ordnung, obwohl einige Szenen denkbar simpel realisiert wurden (Person wird durch ein fast heruntergelassenes Garagentor nach Außen gezogen, kann sich mit dem Oberkörper noch festhalten, Blut spritzt durch die schmale Öffnung des Tors nach Innen, Person wird rausgezogen usw.). Es geht zwar ziemlich blutig zur Sache, aber die Angriffs- und Verfolgungsszenen sind dermaßen verwackelt und schnell geschnitten, dass man nichts richtig mitbekommen oder sehen kann. Die Location (verlassene Industrieanlage mit Schlachthaus) ist ebenfalls simpel, erfüllt trotzdem ihren Zweck, da die Atmosphäre okay ist.

Kein Meisterwerk, aber solide DtV-Horrorkost. Knapp 5 / 10.

lastboyscout

Re-Kill (2015)
After Dark Originals 2011, und der hier kam erst Mitte Oktober letzten Jahres raus.  :00000109:
Naja, die lange Wartezeit hat sich NICHT gelohnt.
Found-Footage-Zombie-Action mit Bruce Payne und Scott Adkins als Nebendarstellern.
Langweilige, dank Found-Footage extrem wacklige Kamera, staendig extreme Dunkelheit, wirklich draufgehalten wird nirgends, der schnelle Schnitt sorgt dafuer das nix wirklich grob rueberkommt.
Hat der Film seine Daseinsberechtigung?
Ne, nicht wirklich.
Langweilig und uninteressant, Alles schonmal irgendwie dagewesen.
2/10 Punkten
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

Moonshade

Ich hatte neulich erst "Seconds Apart" im TV abgegriffen und war sehr positiv überrascht.

Sehr schräger und bizarrer Stil, gut geschnitten, bei den "Todesfällen" sehr vielfarbig und bizarr.
Gut, die Schlußpointe winkt schon von weitem, aber das macht bei gerade so etwas über 80 Minuten kaum etwas, vor allem, weil das Figurenkontigent stark limitiert ist.
Trotzdem ein gruselig-(un)normales Abbild einer kirchlich-geführten High School. Und blutig! 7,5/10
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020