OFDb

Passion Play (Indie mit Rourke, Fox & Murray)

Begonnen von StS, 15 April 2011, 08:58:28

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Mitch Glazer
Starring: Mickey Rourke, Bill Murray, Megan Fox, Rhys Ifans, Kelly Lynch, Chuck Liddell
Genre: Drama

Nate Poole (Rourke, "The Wrestler," "Iron Man 2") is a washed-up jazz musician fleeing from trigger-happy gangster Happy Shannon (Murray, "Lost in Translation"). While on the run, Nate stumbles across a traveling carnival, and is instantly mesmerized by the carnival's prized attraction, Lily "The Bird Woman" (Fox, "Transformers"). But Lily is no carny fake: her wings are real. The fugitive musician falls in love with this angelic creature, and he convinces her to leave with him, to the anger of her ruthless employer (Ifans, "Notting Hill"). The two flee across the desert, but towards... what? Their destruction? Their salvation?

Combining realism and myth, "Passion Play" is a portrait of humanity at its best and worst. Gritty and hard-boiled, it is also an adult fairytale that promises hope in the most unlikely of places.

Trailer:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=76484

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020