OFDb

Machine Gun Preacher (mit G.Butler von M.Forster)

Begonnen von StS, 19 August 2011, 10:33:08

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Marc Forster
Screenwriter: Jason Keller
Starring: Gerard Butler, Michelle Monaghan, Kathy Baker, Madeline Carroll, Michael Shannon, Souleymane Sy Savane
Genre: Action, Drama
Official Website: www.MachineGunPreacher.org
Imdb

"Machine Gun Preacher" is the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children. Gerard Butler ("300") delivers a searing performance as Childers, the impassioned founder of the Angels of East Africa rescue organization in Golden Globe-nominated director Marc Forster's ("Monster's Ball," "Finding Neverland") moving story of violence and redemption.

When ex-biker-gang member Sam Childers (Butler) makes the life-changing decision to go to East Africa to help repair homes destroyed by civil war, he is outraged by the unspeakable horrors faced by the region's vulnerable populace, especially the children. Ignoring the warnings of more experienced aide workers, Sam breaks ground for an orphanage where it's most needed—in the middle of territory controlled by the brutal Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), a renegade militia that forces youngsters to become soldiers before they even reach their teens.

But for Sam, it is not enough to shelter the LRA's intended victims. Determined to save as many as possible, he leads armed missions deep into enemy territory to retrieve kidnapped children, restoring peace to their lives—and eventually his own. The explosive, real-life tale of a man who has rescued over a thousand orphans from starvation, disease and enslavement, "Machine Gun Preacher" also stars Michelle Monaghan ("Due Date"), Kathy Baker ("Cold Mountain"), Madeline Carroll ("Mr. Popper's Penguins"), Academy Award® nominated Michael Shannon ("Revolutionary Road") and Souleymane Sy Savane ("Damages").

Trailer:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=81216
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

blade2603

LOL als ich den Titel gelesen habe dachte ich erst an einen neuen Grindehouse Film.

Filme mit Butler werden generell geschaut. Ich mach mir hier wenig Sorgen. Den Trailer kann ich mir leider erst später anschauen, bin aber schon gespannt.
"Jedes Publikum kriegt die Vorstellung, die es verdient." -Mario Barth
◾ Originalzitat von: Curt Goetz

(aus den Känguru Büchern)

Angelus Mortis

Das sieht echt gut aus. Dachte allerdings bei dem Titel auch erst an ein Trash-/B-Action-Feuerwerk. :icon_lol:

Pinhead_X

Zitat von: Angelus Mortis am 19 August 2011, 12:17:06
Das sieht echt gut aus. Dachte allerdings bei dem Titel auch erst an ein Trash-/B-Action-Feuerwerk. :icon_lol:

Korrekt. Der Trailer gefällt mir gut! :) Butler sieht irgendwie aus wie Russel Crowe..:-D
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020