OFDb

Foxcatcher (Carell, Tatum, Ruffalo)

Begonnen von StS, 18 April 2014, 09:46:38

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Bennett Miller
Screenwriter: E. Max Frye, Dan Futterman
Starring: Steve Carell, Channing Tatum, Mark Ruffalo, Vanessa Redgrave, Sienna Miller
Genre: Drama

"Foxcatcher" tells the story of Olympic Gold Medal-winning wrestler Mark Schultz (Tatum), who sees a way out from the shadow of his more celebrated wrestling brother Dave (Ruffalo) and a life of poverty when he is summoned by eccentric multi-millionaire John du Pont (Carell) to move onto his estate and train for the 1988 Seoul Olympics. Desperate to gain the respect of his disapproving mother, du Pont begins "coaching" a world-class athletic team and, in the process, lures Mark into dangerous habits, breaks his confidence and drives him into a self-destructive spiral. Based on actual events, "Foxcatcher" is a gripping and profoundly American story of fragile men who pinned their hopes for love and redemption on a desperate obsession for greatness that was to end in tragedy.

Trailer:
Mark Schultz: Foxcatcher Trailer

Interessant.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Teaser:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118507

Erste Reviews lesen sich sehr gut. Steve scheint auf "Oscar"-Kurs zu sein...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

StS

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020