OFDb

Unbroken (von Angelina Jolie)

Begonnen von StS, 17 Februar 2014, 20:27:53

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Angelina Jolie
Screenwriter: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen, Richard LaGravenese, William Nicholson, Richard LaGravenese
Starring: Jack O'Connell, Domhnall Gleeson, Garrett Hedlund, Finn Wittrock, John Magaro, Alex Russell, Miyavi
Genre: Drama
Official Website: www.Unbrokenfilm.com

Academy Award winner Angelina Jolie directs and produces "Unbroken," an epic drama that follows the incredible life of Olympian and war hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini (Jack O'Connell) who, along with two other crewmen, survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in WWII—only to be caught by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.

Adapted from Laura Hillenbrand's ("Seabiscuit: An American Legend") enormously popular book, "Unbroken" brings to the big screen Zamperini's unbelievable and inspiring true story about the resilient power of the human spirit.

Starring alongside O'Connell are Domhnall Gleeson and Finn Wittrock as Phil and Mac—the airmen with whom Zamperini endured perilous weeks adrift in the open Pacific—Garrett Hedlund and John Magaro as fellow POWs who find an unexpected camaraderie during their internment, Alex Russell as Zamperini's brother, Pete, and in his English-language feature debut, Japanese actor Miyavi as the brutal camp guard known only to the men as "The Bird."

Olympics Preview:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114965#/slide/5

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

ZitatLouis Zamperini, the Subject of Angelina Jolie's Unbroken, Passes Away
Source: Universal Pictures, July 3, 2014

Olympian and World War II hero Louis Zamperini, who is the subject of director Angelina Jolie's Unbroken, has passed away at the age of 97.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

tenderman

Zamperini ist übrigens am 2.Juli dieser Woche an den Folgen einer Lungenentzündung verstorben
"Aspirin gab´s nicht, da hab ich dir Zigaretten mitgebracht" (Homer Simpson)

StS

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Auf den Streifen bin ich nicht nur der beeindruckenden Bilder wegen zunehmend gespannt. Solch biographische Stoffe üben auf mich grundsätzlich schon eine Faszination aus.  Mal sehen, wie viel Pathos letztlich drinsteckt, grundsätzlich passt es aber ohnehin recht gut angesichts des Sujets.

StS

Schaut imo nach großem Hollywood-Kino der alten Schule aus. Kann kommen. 

Newendyke

Zitat von: Wolfhard-Eitelwolf am 11 Juli 2014, 18:50:23
Mal sehen, wie viel Pathos letztlich drinsteckt, grundsätzlich passt es aber ohnehin recht gut angesichts des Sujets.

Der Trailer trieft nur so vor Pathos... warum habe ich grad das Thema von Team America im Ohr?! Ach ja, weil der Trailer nur so vor Pathos trieft!

"Ich will jetzt nichts mehr hören, von wegen keinen Job, kein Auto, keine Freundin, keine Zukunft und keinen Schwanz." (der Meister - Gran Torino)

StS

Papillon

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020