OFDb

Manhunt (John Woo)

Begonnen von ironfox1, 22 Mai 2015, 23:43:29

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

ironfox1

Manhunt wird ein Remake von diesem Film
http://www.ofdb.de/film/134689,Notwehr

Und das wichtigste aus dem Interview zuerst:
ZitatI think Manhunt goes back to my old style. It's exciting because it's nice to get back to the action! Actually, there's a lot more besides the action; it's a very romantic, human story

For John Woo, remaking Manhunt, the famed 1976 Japanese thriller from director Junya Sato, is a dream come true. Finally, Woo could pay tribute to the film's star, Ken Takakura, the actor who was a huge inspiration to the director of such action classics as The Killer and Hard Boiled. As the first foreign film released in China following the end of Mao Zedong's Cultural Revolution, the original Manhunt, featuring Takakura as a tough cop accused of corruption, had a great influence on filmmakers there.

The Manhunt reboot, which starts shooting in the fall, is billed as Woo's return to the straight-up action thrillers that made his name. Media Asia is producing and will be doing presales on the movie at Cannes.

Woo, 69, who grew up in Hong Kong and whose Hollywood output includes Face/Off and Mission: Impossible II, will be shifting the action to South Korea for Manhunt and working with a Korean and Chinese cast.

In an interview with THR at Media Asia's Beijing studio, the married father of three spoke about finishing his two-part romantic war epic The Crossing and the differences between the Chinese and U.S. film industries, and discussed his only collaboration with Takakura, which occurred at the funeral of Kinji Fukasaku (Tora! Tora! Tora!), when Takakura read aloud, in Japanese, a eulogy Woo wrote for the legendary director.

Why did you want to remake Manhunt?

Ken Takakura is one of my favorite actors in the world. He was my idol, and he has influenced a lot of my films. [Hong Kong actor] Chow Yun-Fat's image in A Better Tomorrow was inspired by Takakura's image and style. I wanted to make a movie dedicated to Ken Takakura. I like him so much. He is such an influential actor. During the funeral of [Japanese director] Kinji Fukasaku, Takakura read out a eulogy I sent. A few months ago, I was looking for material to make a film to commemorate Takakura, and [Media Asia chief] Peter Lam called me and asked me to remake Manhunt. I was very excited.

In the past couple of years, you've done films in very different styles: 2008's historical epic Red Cliff, last year's romantic drama The Crossing. This film seems closer to your earlier work.

Yeah, I must say that the style is pretty close to The Killer. But a little more Hitchcockian, so there's a little more suspense. Of course, it's also a love story.

Would you return to Hollywood?

Any time, any day! I've been turning down so many good projects, all because of working on The Crossing. So they still want me, they still like to work with me, and my agent keeps looking for a good script for me. I like Hollywood.

What is the biggest contrast between working in Asia and working in Hollywood?

I think in Hollywood they're more professional, and everyone is so dedicated and focused. But in China, the film industry has only started. There is still a lot of confusion. There are all these movies, and they just grab people from everywhere. Sometimes we find good people, but sometimes people are not that experienced. It's very uneven. It makes everything harder and costs more money. Plus, there's too much gossip!

Is Manhunt the start of a new creative direction for you?

I think Manhunt goes back to my old style. It's exciting because it's nice to get back to the action! Actually, there's a lot more besides the action; it's a very romantic, human story. But I get tired of making big-budget movies. I think about going back to the old times, when it wasn't so much about money but about working with a wonderful, smaller crew to make a real movie. The more money we have, the more we lose creative freedom. There's always so much pressure. It's too much for me.

When you're shooting, what are the common languages?

The Chinese can speak a little Korean, and the Koreans can speak a little bit of Chinese. It's fun. Also a little English in between.

You're in postproduction on the second part of The Crossing. The first section didn't do as well as expected, largely because of troubles at one of the production companies, Beijing Galloping Horse. Will you be using the same distributors for the second installment?

Yeah, same distributors. There was a little confusion. I think for the second part they will do a much better job. This time, I think they will have enough time to promote the film and do a much better release.

The other project you've been linked to in recent years is about the Flying Tigers, the U.S. airmen in China during World War II.

That is still ongoing. We've got a new partner. So we're looking for a new writer to rewrite the whole script.

There's a lot of talk about co-production with Asia these days. Is that something you're interested in?

I'm interested. I think it's a good thing. This can help the business, help our movies sell. But it's not easy to find the right topic, the right script, for both sides. If you cater for the Western audience, then there will be a lot of actors from the West, and China's role is smaller, and China will have some problems with that.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-2015-john-woo-returning-795320

Trailer des Originals
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEnJjUnXMJs&hd=1#ws

MMeXX

Dafür auch von mir ein
Zitat von: ironfox1 am 22 Mai 2015, 23:43:29

Kriegt man das Original irgendwo english-friendly?

ironfox1

Ich steh aufm Schlauch :00000109:

MMeXX

Ich habe mich einfach über die Meldung gefreut, also Daumen hoch. :icon_razz:

Venom138

Wenn 50 Millionen Menschen etwas Dummes sagen/tun, bleibt es trotzdem eine Dummheit. (Anatole France)

Cyman

Grusler

Ich habe solche Actionszenen vermisst :icon_razz:, der Trailer ist vielversprechend. Kriegt man Lust auf die alten Woo-Filme, wie "A Better Tomorrow"...
ROCK 'N' ROLL WIRD NIEMALS STERBEN, IHR SCHEISSER!
 -Rollie LeBay

Ko(s)misches Sein.

Inspektor Yuen

"Wenn ich jetzt sterben würde, was würdest du machen?" -"Ich würd dich nicht sterben lassen!"

Mr. Blonde

Sieht vertraut aus, nur etwas preisgünstiger. Allerdings lange nicht auf "Blackjack" Niveau. Freue mich jedenfalls, mal wieder einen John Woo Actionfilm zu sehen.  :banana:

Artikel & News zu Filmen, Games, Musik & Technik

StS

8 Mai 2018, 22:57:11 #9 Letzte Bearbeitung: 9 Mai 2018, 08:44:56 von StS
John Woo´s "Manhunt" ... a multi-lingual train-wreck of a movie. Mit diesem losen Remake des 1976er Crime-Films "Kimi yo fundo no kawa wo watare", welcher damals übrigens auch schon "Notwehr" hieß (was im Vorliegenden allerdings einen arg unpassenden Titel markiert), ist Woo nun also zu seinen "Asia-Action-Wurzeln" zurückgekehrt - und beweist mit dem Ergebnis eindrucksvoll, dass er sein "Mojo" inzwischen verloren hat. Eine belanglose Story, schauderhafte Dialoge, ein grauenvoller Sprach-Mix, holpriges Editing, ein teils schwacher und/oder unpassender Score... sowie die regelmäßige Frage auf Seiten des Zuschauers, ob einen das Gebotene denn eigentlich gerade verarschen will oder nicht. Haben wir es bei dem Streifen etwa mit einer zu ernst geratenenen Genre-Parodie zutun? Ich denke: Nein. Vielmehr wirkt vieles einfach unfreiwillig komisch und ärgerlich. Es gibt CGI-Blut, CGI-Tauben (etc.), die Action ist blass und unbeholfen im Vergleich zu dem, was Woo früher so geliefert hat (einfach mal das Boots-Finale von "Face/Off" mit der Jet-Ski-Szene hier vergleichen), die stlistischen Mittel wurden oft schlichtweg überreizt (wie die gewohnten Zeitlupen und Sam Peckinpah-artigen Freeze-Frames), das Ganze ist weder sonderlich aufregend, spannend oder komplex geraten noch kommt es hochwertig gespielt daher - und zu dem ins Sci-Fi-eske tendierenden Finale kann/sollte man eigentlich auch nicht viel sagen (außer dass es einen leider ein Stück weit an "Paycheck" erinnert). Dank einer echt gelungenen, auf einer Farm angesiedelten Action-Sequenz kurz nach der Laufzeit-Mitte gibt´s von mir daher noch...

solide 3/10
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Amen! Was für eine herbe Enttäuschung! Grauenhaftes Drehbuch, durch CGIs versaute, zudem uninspiriert runtergekurbelte Actionszenen sowie mit dem Holzhammer und einem Höchstmaß an Ungeschick auf den Zuschauer eingeprügelte Verweise auf frühere Woo-Werke machen Manhunt mehr zu einer laienhaft wirkenden Parodie auf die früheren HK-Actionkracher als zu einem ernstzunehmenden Actionfilm. 3 / 10 (teils hübsche Kulissen und einige attraktive Einstellungen) trifft es gut.

PillePlutonium

Der Film hat ja ganz gut angefangen , nach dem Shooutout der beiden Girls mit den Schaldämpfern hatte ich Hoffnung das der Film wirklich mal wieder ein paar gute Shootouts ala John Woo zeigen wird aber dann gings einfach nur richtig schlecht weiter, so schlecht das ich irgendwann ausgemacht habe...schade.

Grusler

Hört sich ja ernüchternd an, hatte den auch schon wieder vergessen. Also allein diese 80er Jahre HK-Atmosphere der alten Klassiker, ist heute nicht mehr zu bringen, dazu sind Digital-Kameras zu sauber, immer gleich. So ein auf Zelluloid gedrehter Film ist halt was anderes. Dennoch dachte ich schon, dass der Film, der heutigen Zeit angemessen, ein echter Kracher wird. Mal sehen, sehen würde ich ihn ja schon gern., aber wenn ich lese, dass jemand bei einem John Woo-Film aus macht, also, das bringt mich zum Grüblen, wirklich so schlecht?
ROCK 'N' ROLL WIRD NIEMALS STERBEN, IHR SCHEISSER!
 -Rollie LeBay

Ko(s)misches Sein.

spannick

also ich hab nicht ausgemacht, aber die Vorspuletaste war oft in Betrieb.

Macht ne 85 Min Kurzversion, viel Müll raus, oder gleich komplett wegschneiden (der Japaner-Bulle ist völlig sinnlos, so gesehen).

hat schon paar lustige Set Pieces und Actionszenen. weitere Probleme, die ich mit dem Film hatte:
- schrecklicher Ton: alles klinisch rein nachsynchronisiert grossteils (ich glaube, nur der Japaner sprach richtigen O-Ton, der war aber unerträglich, da kaum zu verstehen mit dem Genuschel), die Schussgeräusche sind Knallpeng aus dem  Kindergarten, die Schlägereien haben auch keinen schönen Wumms wie früher. achja, schöne Blutpacken unter die Klamotten nächstes Mal bitte und kein CGI-Effekte.

kann ich keinem empfehlen das Ding.
ゴリラパンチ!!!

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020