OFDb

Father Stu ("inspirierende" Boxer-wird-Priester Story mit Wahlberg und M.Gibson)

Begonnen von StS, 10 Februar 2022, 21:00:28

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

ZitatSony Pictures has picked up the global rights to Rosiland Ross' Father Stu movie, starring Mark Wahlberg and Mel Gibson. Wahlberg will also produce the film that tells the true-life tale of a boxer-turned-priest, Father Stuart Long, whose journey from self-destruction to redemption inspired countless people along the way. Sony's Father Stu movie will kneel at the alter of the cinema gods on Friday, April 15.

When Ross' Father Stu movie opens in theaters, it will do so alongside Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. Jacki Weaver and Teresa Ruiz also star alongside Wahlberg and Gibson.

"Father Stu's journey from troublemaker to clergyman was inspiring to many, including me," said Wahlberg. "Rosey has done an incredible job capturing the essence of who he was and how he affected the people he met. I hope that with this film, we keep his spirit alive and continue his good works."

Joblo.com

Könnte in der 2. Hälfte etwas cringy werden (bin kein Freund solcher "Glaubens-Geschichten"; zudem noch mit den beiden Leads in dem Kontext...)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020