OFDb

Steven Soderbergh presents: Perfect

Begonnen von StS, 9 März 2018, 13:38:28

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

In director Eddie Alcazar´s film, "A boy in a cold and stark modern house, in a vaguely science fictional world, is seduced by advertisements of perfection to install implantable characteristics directly into his body. The implants heal his dark, twisted visions, but come with a corporeal cost. He persists on applying them, hoping to reach perfection, but ultimately he discovers that purity of mind is not exactly as he's imagined."

Featuring music by Flying Lotus, Garrett Wareing, Courtney Eaton, Tao Okamoto with Maurice Compte, and Abbie Cornish star in the sci-fi thriller that's executive produced by Steven Soderbergh.

Trailer:
http://ew.com/movies/2018/03/08/perfect-trailer-sxsw/

Hat nen leichten "Beyond the Black Rainbow" Vibe.
Fein, fein.  :D
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Von Steven Soderbergh mitproduziert sowie von Eddie Alcazar (,,Divinity") co-verfasst und in Szene gesetzt, handelt es sich bei ,,Perfect" (2018) um einen düster-stylishen psychedelisch-mysteriösen ,,Indie", bei dem u.a. Garrett Wareing und Abbie Cornish mit von der Partie sind. Mit seinem bisweilen zu langsamen Tempo, seiner kryptischen Story, seinen phantasievollen Ideen, seinem tollen Look und seiner unbehaglichen, kühlen Atmosphäre ist dabei ein ambitionierter und interessanter, alles in allem aber dennoch unbefriedigender, mitunter prätentiös und ,,seelenlos" anmutender phantasmagorischer Style-over-Substance-Sci-Fi-Horrortrip herausgekommen...

5/10

Wer an meiner ausführlichen Meinung interessiert ist:
https://www.actionfreunde.de/perfect/

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020