OFDb

Kin (Sci-Fi-Thriller u.a. mit Quaid, Kravitz und Franco)

Begonnen von StS, 27 April 2018, 09:40:30

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

The film follows a young boy named Eli in a dystopian future as he and his family lay low in a crime-ridden section of their town and his older brother returns from prison, only for him to quickly to return to his life of crime due to a debt to a crime lord. During all this, Eli discovers a mysterious weapon that he uses to protect his brother and father and sends them on the run from the crime lord, the government and bizarre otherworldly soldiers.

The trailer for the film shows that though the plot holds some familiar plot points, there is actually a unique and intriguing family aspect to the story and the chemistry between young Myles Truitt in the starring role and Jack Reynor (Detroit) as brothers is strong, along with the chemistry between the two and Dennis Quaid (A Dog's Purpose) as their father. The film also stars James Franco (The Disaster Artist), Zoe Kravitz (Big Little Lies) and Carrie Coon (The Leftovers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac5wrM2uYbk
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Private Joker

Mit etwas Verspätung - und vielleicht deshalb noch mit Danneberg als Stimme von Quaid - startet der jetzt hierzulande auf Scheibe, und für Amazon-Primer sogar ohne weitere Kosten bei denen streambar.

Zumindestens letzterenfalls sollte man das auch tun, da gibt es schlechtere Filme für in jeder Hinsicht mehr Geld (der Wassermann und sein CGI-Ozean zB, den ich tags davor im Player hatte, aber ich schweife ab). Ist schon eine ganz originelle Mischung aus Gangsterfilm, Familiendrama, Action und SF, ordentlich besetzt und trotz ein paar kleiner Längen ganz fettfrei durchinszeniert. Der Schlusstwist ist allerdings relativ panne, der lässt das dann irgenwie in Richtung Pilotfilm einer TV-Serie driften; und, zweiter Kritikpunkt: das PG-13 tut dem Film nicht gut. Gerade der Angriff auf die Polizeiwache, obwohl eigentlich solide gemacht, lässt doch heftig die Schere im Kopf erkennen.

Aber wie gesagt, geschenkter Gaul und so, von mir solide 6/10.
"Ich bin zu alt für diesen Scheiß" "Dem Scheiß ist es egal, wie alt Du bist" (James Grady - Die letzten Tage des Condor)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020