OFDb

Widows (Thriller von Steve McQueen)

Begonnen von StS, 4 Juni 2018, 18:43:41

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

4 Juni 2018, 18:43:41 Letzte Bearbeitung: 4 Juni 2018, 18:46:34 von StS

From Academy Award-winning director Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave) and co-writer and bestselling author Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl), Widows features an all-star cast including Viola Davis (How to Get Away with Murder), Michelle Rodriguez (The Fast and the Furious), Elizabeth Debicki (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2), Cynthia Erivo (Mr. Selfridge), Colin Farrell (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, In Bruges), Brian Tyree Henry (Atlanta, Hotel Artemis), Daniel Kaluuya (Get Out, Black Panther), Garret Dillahunt (Deadwood), Carrie Coon (Fargo, Avengers: Infinity War), Jacki Weaver, Jon Bernthal (The Punisher, Baby Driver), Manuel Garcia-Rulfo with Robert Duvall (The Godfather: Part II, Apocalypse Now) and Liam Neeson (Schindler's List, Taken).

Widows is the story of four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities. Set in contemporary Chicago, amid a time of turmoil, tensions build when Veronica (Oscar winner Viola Davis), Alice (Elizabeth Debicki), Linda (Michelle Rodriguez) and Belle (Cynthia Erivo) take their fate into their own hands and conspire to forge a future on their own terms.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S3phVSi0tI

Feine Cast&Crew. Macht daher neugierig.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Moonshade

Diese Woche gesehen und sehr positiv überrascht gewesen.

Auf McQueen ist ja immer Verlass, aber gute und dicht erzählte Unterhaltung kann er offenbar auch.
Sehr gutes Ensemble und ein dichter, nie langweiliger Plot, der sich auf sehr unterhaltsame Weise auflöst.
Wer auf etwas Drama in seinem Krimi steht, kann hier nichts falsch machen, ich hab mich jedenfalls 130 Minuten stringent unterhalten gefühlt - und das hat inzwischen Seltenheitswert bei US-Kino.
8/10
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

vodkamartini

Ja, der hat mir auch sehr gut gefallen. McQueen liefert da Heist-Thriller, Gesellschaftskritik und interessanter Charakterprofile in einem. Das Erwachsenenkino lebt jedenfalls noch.
www.vodkasreviews.de

There's a saying in England: Where there's smoke, there's fire. (James Bond, From Russia with love)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020