OFDb

Paradise Hills (Sci-Fi-Fantasy-Drama-Thriller)

Begonnen von StS, 17 Juli 2019, 21:23:54

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Samuel Goldwyn Films will release their science-fiction thriller Paradise Hills, starring Emma Roberts ("American Horror Story", The Blackcoat's Daughter), Milla Jovovich (Resident Evil, Hellboy), Danielle Macdonald and Awkwafina, in limited theaters and on VOD platforms November 1, 2019.

The story, penned by Nacho Vigalondo (Timecrimes, VHS: Viral, Colossal) and Brian DeLeeuw, is set on an isolated island, where Roberts' character wakes up and finds herself at Paradise Hills, a facility where high-class families send their daughters to become perfect versions of themselves. The facility is run by the mysterious Duchess, portrayed by Jovovich, and offers calibrated treatments including etiquette classes, vocal lessons, beauty treatments, gymnastics, and restricted diets in order to resolve all physical and emotional shortcomings within two months.

Roberts' character finds solace and friendship in other Paradise Hills residents — played by Macdonald, Awkwafina and Gonzalez — and soon realizes that lurking behind all this beauty is a sinister secret.

Alice Waddington directed Paradise Hills, which debuted at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. Jeremy Irvine, Arnaud Valois, and Eiza Gonzalez also star.

Okay... ist notiert.  :happy3:

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020