OFDb

Darlin' (Sequel zu "Offspring" und "the Woman")

Begonnen von StS, 11 März 2019, 10:50:04

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Von und mit Pollyanna McIntosh.

Darlin' picks up 10 years after the events of The Woman, when McIntosh's titular character escaped with the then-young Darlin' in tow. Now Darlin' in is a Catholic home for girls while the Woman resides in an all-female homeless encampment. Naturally, trouble is a-brewin...

Teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjdLb1XN3E
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Peter2013

Huch! :icon_eek:
Das war aber schnell vorbei (50% Schrift), aber ich bin dennoch gespannt. "The Woman" hat mir gefallen.

StS

Bin ebenfalls gespannt. Was der Hollywood Reporter so schreibt, klingt jedenfalls auch schonmal interessant:

ZitatThe film is ambitious in the sheer number of things it attempts to do. It's mixing genres. It's taking on the social wing of horror (popularized by Jordan Peele's 2017 hit Get Out) without giving up the guttural antics of a slasher film. It's exploring a girl's psychological, sexual, and spiritual awakening. It's also asking questions about man versus nature and woman versus the self. It wants us to examine major institutions like the Catholic Church and the healthcare system. It wants us to consider the varied and tenuous social positions of women: nuns, foster youth, abuse survivors, squatters who get by on the margins of society. Taking on this much is admirable, especially for a first feature existing under the weight of its cinematic predecessor; there just needed to be more attention played to cohesion in designing a film around all of these elements.

The result ends up being that Darlin' is the kind of movie that hits you like a bus, and the whiplash you're routinely recovering from throughout makes it hard to enjoy the ride.

Ganze Kritik:
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/darlin-review-1193620
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020