OFDb

the Red Sea Diving Resort (u.a. mit Chris Evans / Netflix)

Begonnen von StS, 17 Juli 2019, 15:57:11

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Inspired by remarkable true life rescue missions, THE RED SEA DIVING RESORT is the incredible story of a group of international agents and brave Ethiopians who in the early 80s used a deserted holiday retreat in Sudan as a front to smuggle thousands of refugees to Israel. The undercover team carrying out this mission is led by the charismatic Ari Levinson (Chris Evans) and courageous local Kabede Bimro (Michael Kenneth Williams). The prestigious cast also includes Haley Bennett, Alessandro Nivola, Michiel Huisman, Chris Chalk, Greg Kinnear and Ben Kingsley...

Interessiert mich. Wird geschaut.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Nunja... was ein packender Film hätte werden können, entpuppt sich letztlich leider nur als eine arg stereotype, oberflächliche Angelegenheit. Die wahre Begebenheit, auf die das Gebotene beruht, ist interessant, die Darsteller sind kompetent und agieren okay, die Regie mutet zwar nicht sonderlich inspiriert an, kann aber immerhin als "handwerklich solide" eingestuft werden... allerdings das Drehbuch ist mau - voller Klischees, 08/15-Spannungsszenen (Straßensperre! Gesuchte, die "nebenan" vor den Baddies versteckt werden und ganz leise sein müssen! Leute, die in letzter Sekunde vor herannahenden Truppen ausgeflogen werden müssen! etc. pp.) sowie obendrein auch noch aus der "White-Savior-Perspektive" heraus verfasst, was einfach ärgerlich ist. Immerhin hab ich mich nicht gelangweilt... daher noch gnädige 4/10
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020