OFDb

Tax Shelter Terrors (Doku über Genre-Streifen aus Kanada... kostenfrei online!)

Begonnen von StS, 29 Mai 2020, 21:17:09

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Many of our most iconic slasher/exploitation films of old are in fact Canadian and were born out of the Canadian Government tax incentives that were available from 1975 to 1982. I'm talking gems like BLACK CHRISTMAS, TERROR TRAIN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, MY BLOODY VALENTINE, VISITING HOURS, PROM NIGHT, THE BROOD, SCANNERS, SHIVERS, ILSA SHE WOLF OF THE SS and the list goes on! And today, Arrow in the Head is very proud to premiere the engaging and insightful documentary TAX SHELTER TERRORS which explores the topic head on!

The acclaimed film (which premiered at the Toronto's Horror-Rama and screened at the prestigious Sitges Film Festival) was directed by Xavier Mendik and co-directed by Deke Richards (the brain child behind the project) and Francesco Giannini. Click the embed above and get educated as to how some of our beloved exploitation films came to be via candid interviews with William Lustig, George Mihalka, Pierre David, Gregory Dunning, André Link, Dyanne Thorne and many more!

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020