OFDb

Chaos Walking (Sci-Fi-Abenteuer mit Tom Holland & Daisy Ridley)

Begonnen von StS, 19 November 2020, 21:08:57

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

CHAOS WALKING, Lionsgate's adaptation of the Patrick Ness novel The Knife of Never Letting Go, has taken a bumpy road on the way to theatres. Shot in 2017 with Doug Liman at the helm, the film was originally set to reach theatres on March 1, 2019, but was delayed when the studio ordered reshoots after poor test screenings. Fede Alvarez replaced Liman as director on those reshoots, which took place a year and a half after production had originally wrapped. The pandemic certainly didn't help the process, but now CHAOS WALKING is aiming for a January 22, 2021 release - and a trailer has arrived online to promote that release. (Which may change, since this pandemic won't quit.)

While Charlie Kaufman, Jamie Linden, Lindsey Beer, Gary Spinelli, and John Lee Hancock all did some writing on the project, the final screenplay is credited to Patrick Ness and Christopher Ford. The synopsis:

In the not too distant future, Todd Hewitt (Tom Holland) discovers Viola (Daisy Ridley), a mysterious girl who crash lands on his planet, where all the women have disappeared and the men are afflicted by "the Noise" – a force that puts all their thoughts on display. In this dangerous landscape, Viola's life is threatened – and as Todd vows to protect her, he will have to discover his own inner power and unlock the planet's dark secrets.

Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley are joined in the cast by Mads Mikkelsen, Demian Bichir, Kurt Sutter, Cynthia Erivo, Nick Jonas, David Oyelowo, and Oscar Jaenada.

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020