OFDb

Prey (Predator-Prequel von Dan Trachtenberg)

Begonnen von StS, 13 November 2021, 11:31:38

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Cyrus

@sts
Zitat von: StS am 30 August 2023, 19:32:28Wird im 4. Quartal 2023 auch in Deutschland auf 4K Ultra-HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray und DVD erscheinen...

Vielen Dank für deine Review und selbst teile ich viele Aspekte davon, merci! Ich liebe den titelgebenden Aspekt ,,Prey" und Jäger und die Entwicklung der indigenen Hauptfigur. Gestört hat mich persönlich nur, dass die Dialoge meiner Meinung nach sehr an den aktuellen Sprachgebrauch angepasst wurden. Damit meine ich den Gebrauch von Begriffen, die in der dortigen, hypothetischen Welt höchstwahrscheinlich nicht gebräuchlich wären. Positiv hätte ich den Gebrauch von einer indigenen Sprache im Original mit Untertiteln gefunden. Aber das ist dann Nerd-Denken, hehe, es muss ja auch für den Mainstream geeignet sein. 😉

Daher als persönliches Fazit, ein toller Predator-Nachfolger, der endlich wieder ein wenig Intelligenz in die Handlungsabläufe integriert. Disney+ hat ihn im Angebot (zumindest im Ausland), ansonsten Danke für den US VÖ Tipp!

Grüsse,
Cy
Better to reign in hell than serve in Heaven! [Kevin Lomax]

StS

12 September 2023, 19:10:30 #31 Letzte Bearbeitung: 12 September 2023, 19:13:21 von StS
Zitat von: Cyrus am 12 September 2023, 18:53:07Positiv hätte ich den Gebrauch von einer indigenen Sprache im Original mit Untertiteln gefunden. Aber das ist dann Nerd-Denken, hehe, es muss ja auch für den Mainstream geeignet sein. 😉

Zumindest bei Hulu in den Staaten gibt es eine Comanche-Dub-Version... und nicht bloß die Engliche OV mit etwas Comanche dazwischen.   :happy3:

Screenrant.com dazu:

ZitatThere are many reasons that Prey should be watched in Comanche. Firstly, the Comanche setting in the Prey movie Comanche setting is core to the film, with much of the film being dedicated to honoring the culture of the Comanche people. Watching the film in Comanche not only allows the viewer to be more immersed in the film but also helps paint a complete picture of the Comanche setting. Prey is one of the very few films that has been dubbed in an Indigenous language, so watching the dub is a way to show respect to the culture the film is trying to represent.

On top of cultural reasons, the Comanche version should also be watched because it is the way the film's creators intended it to be seen. In an interview with Digital Spy, Prey producer Jhane Myers says "Originally, when the film was written, the first script I had, across the top it said 'All dialogue in Comanche', and I was like, 'Oh my God, yes'." While this language would've probably made Prey much better than its predecessors, this idea was sadly scrapped when Disney bought out Fox. However, the Comanche dub allows Prey to be closer to its original version, meaning that the dub is the best way to watch it.

Prey's unique language options make it accessible to more viewers than the average film, but according to its cast and crew, the Comanche dub is the definitive way to watch it. Many of the previous Predator films have been low-brow action/sci-fi films, but Prey seems to be more than that, and the Comanche language option highlights the film's goal of honoring the Comanche people. While there are benefits to watching both versions, everyone's first viewing of Prey should be in Comanche.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Cyrus

@StS
Krass, das wusste ich echt nicht. Hab mich nach dem Kinorelease nicht mehr damit beschäftigt. Sehr cool!  :respect:
Better to reign in hell than serve in Heaven! [Kevin Lomax]

Terry Noonan

12 September 2023, 20:12:52 #33 Letzte Bearbeitung: 12 September 2023, 20:16:26 von Terry Noonan
Zitatproducer Jhane Myers says "Originally, when the film was written, the first script I had, across the top it said 'All dialogue in Comanche', and I was like, 'Oh my God, yes'." While this language would've probably made Prey much better than its predecessors, this idea was sadly scrapped

Zitataccording to its cast and crew, the Comanche dub is the definitive way to watch it. Many of the previous Predator films have been low-brow action/sci-fi films, but Prey seems to be more than that, and the Comanche language option highlights the film's goal of honoring the Comanche people.

Etwas merkwürdige Aussagen.
Also die Vorgänger waren teils low-brow action Filme, und in Comanche-Sprache hätte Prey viel besser werden können?
Also ist er es so nicht? Hm.
Und um die Comanche zu ehren, soll man ihn auch in deren Sprache schauen.
Geht es überhaupt noch um Predator, oder hat man sich eigentlich doch nur dessen Hintergrundes bedient, um Zuschauer in eine Indianerstory zu bringen?
Bei Apocalypto hatte man sowas ja auch nicht nötig.

Zugute halten würde ich aber, dass man dann auch nicht im Titel Predator benutzt hat, was ich auch bei Prometheus gelungen fand.

Edit: Wäre ja mal interessant, ob die Wortwahl in Comanche dann passender zur gespielten Zeit passen.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020