OFDb

the School for Good and Evil (Netflix-Fantasy-Film mit Charlize Theron)

Begonnen von StS, 8 Juni 2022, 11:31:35

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

When you mix Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with an Elden Ring aesthetic, what do you get? You get Netflix's The School For Good And Evil teaser! In this outrageous romp through a twisted land, best friends Sophie and Agatha find themselves on opposing sides of a modern fairy tale when they're swept away into an enchanted school where young heroes and villains are trained to protect the balance of good and evil.

Based on the epic international best-selling series by Soman Chainani, The School For Good And Evil stars Kerry Washington, Charlize Theron, Sophia Anne Caruso, Sofia Wylie, Laurence Fishburne, Michelle Yeoh, Jamie Flatters, Kit Young, Peter Serafinowicz, Rob Delaney, Mark Heap, Patti LuPone, and Rachel Bloom.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Moonshade

Auf der Fantasyschiene wird aber hartnäckig weiter geritten, immer auf der Suche nach der neuen Hit-Reihe oder Serie. Aber guter Cast und Paul Feig versteht ja sein Handwerk. Allerdings sind sie da auch schon gut 10 Jahre am Planen und Puzzeln, ich bin gespannt.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Moonshade

Gute Basis, interessantes Setting für eine Fantasysatire nach aktuellem Prinzip, irgendwo im Kielwasser von Harry Potter und co.
Allerdings ist die erste Hälfte die deutlich bessere und sobald die gut gemixte Schwarz-Weiß-Malerei Grautöne bekommt, wird es ein wenig zu big-budget-konventionell, doch bis dahin ziehen so einige Jokes recht ordentlich.

Mein Problem waren eher die manchmal wenig gut zugespitzten Dialoge, was aber auch an der manchmal recht mäßigen deutschen Synchro lag, die gerade bei Theron und vor allem bei Kerry Washington entsetzlich war.

6/10, aber bringt Zeit mit.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020