OFDb

Let the right one in (Serienadaption / Showtime)

Begonnen von StS, 26 Juli 2022, 21:01:46

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

A new adaptation of John Ajvide Lindqvist's novel, which became Swedish movie Let the Right One In back in 2008, and then American remake Let Me In a couple years later, Showtime's "Let the Right One In" brings the tale to the small screen when it premieres this October.

Led by Oscar® nominee Demián Bichir (A Better Life), the 10-episode series from Tomorrow Studios (Snowpiercer) also stars Tony winner Anika Noni Rose (Dreamgirls, Power), Grace Gummer (Mr. Robot), Madison Taylor Baez (Selena: The Series), Kevin Carroll (Snowfall), Ian Foreman (Merry Wish-Mas), Jacob Buster (Colony) and Nick Stahl (Fear the Walking Dead).

Inspired by the original hit Swedish novel and film, the series centers on Mark (Bichir) and his daughter Eleanor (Baez), whose lives were changed 10 years earlier when she was turned into a vampire. Locked in at age 12, perhaps forever, Eleanor lives a closed-in life, able to go out only at night, while her father does his best to provide her with the human blood she needs to stay alive.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

mali

27 Juli 2022, 10:19:00 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 27 Juli 2022, 12:40:05 von mali
Oha - ob das Not tut nach 2 Filmen wobei das Remake schon ziemlich unnötig war. Ich bleibe mal skeptisch, werde aber reinschauen.

Das Prekäre Thema Pädofilie des Buches scheinen die ja schon mal mit "ihr Vater" zu umschiffen.

Moonshade

Wenn es schon als "inspired by" angekündigt wird, erwarte ich große Veränderungen - und vermutlich auch Entschärfungen. Aber schon das Remake war da ja wesentlich zahmer geraten.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

Ich mag das Remake lieber als das Original... nicht nur wegen der fehlenden Katze   :happy3:
Aber als Serie muss ich das Ganze auch nicht wirklich haben.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

StS

Showtime wird von Paramount+ geschluckt... und die Serie muss dran glauben:

Tomorrow Studios, Deadline notes, will be shopping the series to other platforms. In other words, "Let the Right One In" could eventually come back to life on another platform.

Deadline adds to the story, "Paramount Global just announced that Showtime will be integrated into Paramount+ across both streaming and linear later this year."

"Let the Right One In" is a victim of this impending merger, the site notes.

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020