OFDb

Hammer will wieder loslegen

Begonnen von .sixer., 4 Januar 2004, 03:15:12

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

.sixer.

Hammer Films and Chris Brown's Pictures in Paradise (PiP) have joined forces to develop a slate of low-budget horror movies.

The plan is to deliver a slate of up to six horror movies over a period of five years. The films will be targeted at the young cinema-going audience and will be designed to have strong potential in other media, especially DVD.

"Working with Hammer Films is the realisation of an ambition I've had since my earliest days in the business. Hammer is one of the truly great influences in gothic cinema and without doubt the world's leading horror brand," said Brown.

"The combination of Hammer's global brand value with PiP's production skills, as well as its proven rapport with the young cinema audience, should deliver some memorable movies," commented Hammer director Larry Chrisfield. Fellow director Rick Senat added: "We have great respect for Chris Brown and Chris Fitchett and we are looking forward to a very productive relationship."

Development costs and chores will be divided between the partners. PiP will take primary responsibility for physical production, while Hammer will look after production funding and distribution.

"This deal gives us a terrific opportunity to deliver highly commercial, low-budget, English-language horror movies for a worldwide teen audience," commented Hammer chief executive, Terry Ilott. "Chris Brown and I have known each other for 20 years and it is a real pleasure at last to be in business together."

Hammer is one of the great names in screen entertainment and produced some of the best-known films in the horror genre, including The Curse of Frankenstein, Dracula, To the Devil a Daughter, The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb, The Devil Rides Out and Dracula has risen from the Grave.

Queensland-based Pictures in Paradise, founded in 1999, has produced several horror movies including Cubbyhouse, which sold in more than 14 territories, and The Locals (in association with Rocket Pictures and NZFC), to be released theatrically in October this year.

PiP most recently developed and produced low-budget teen movies Blurred released by Beckers in 2002, and Under the Radar, to be released by Hoyts in early 2004. Both films were developed as part of an initiative funded by the Pacific Film and Television Commission (PFTC).

Brown is joined by Chris Fitchett who heads up script development for PiP. Fitchett is one of Australia's most respected film and television executives, having been involved in the development and production of numerous projects at both Film Victoria and the Australian Film Commission.

Quelle: www.hammerfilms.com
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice
"you must be," said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Wir ham kein Strom,
wir ham kein Geld,
wir sind der geilste Club der Welt.

lastboyscout

Das ganze hört sich doch schon mal sehr interessant an.

Wenn die Filme so in die Richtung der alten Filme gehen, dann bin ich zufrieden.

Es wurde jedoch geschrieben, daß sie vor allem für jüngere Zuschauer gedreht werden sollen.

Das läßt mich die ganze Sache doch ein bißchen skeptisch betrachten . . .
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

Liscom

Ich hoffe mal Christopher Lee ist sich nicht zu gut um wieder dabei zu sein :)

:( Leider wird das ganze ja ohne Peter Cushing ablaufen ... verfluchter Krebs ... R.I.P

Ulthar

Hm, klingt wirklich interessant. Wobei ich wirklich gespannt bin, ob es gelingt etwas vom alten Hammer Charme in das neue Jahrtausend zu retten. Denn irgendwie befürchte ich doch, dass die Sache in Richtung Direct-to-Video Filmchen abdriftet und zudem noch eine Orientierung auf ein eher junges Publikum? Aber ich lass mich gerne positiv überraschen.

@Liscom

Peter Cushing wäre dieses Jahr 91 Jahre alt geworden (R.I.P. :cry:), da hätte ich ihm dann doch eher seinen verdienten Ruhestand gegönnt, anstatt ihn, in dem Alter, nochmal vor die Kamera zu holen.

Dr. Phibes (Buurman)

Mir gefällt das irgendwie nicht. Die Hammerfilme lebten von ihren Darstellern wie Cushing und Lee, solche Ikonen wird es so schnell nicht mehr geben, genau so wie die genialen Filme.
Und dann noch für das jüngere Publikum? Mir wird schlecht...

Zardoz

Ich sehe dieses Unterfangen eher pessimistisch. Bisher gab es zwei Versuche, nostalgisch angehauchten Horror früherer Jahrzehnte wiederzubeleben: Craeture Features des Trickfilmers Stan Winston (da taugt nur She-Creature etwas) und die drei Filme, die von Zemeckis (Dark Castle) mitproduziert wurden: 13 Ghosts, House on Haunted Hill und Ghost Ship.
Beide Vorhaben waren der Versuch, Filme der 50er, die gerne in Double-Features in den USA liefen - und dort wohl besonders in Drive-Inn-Kinos - wiederzubeleben. Natürlich in modernem Gewand mit viel CGI, was natürlich den Charme der Originale i.d.R. zerstört.
Aber man wird sehen, vielleicht irre ich mich ja...

Jerry

Bin eher skeptisch, fürchte da soll mit dem guten Namen schnelles Geld gemacht werden.

@Zardoz, stimme dir zu was die ,,Creature Feature"-Steifen angeht, habe mich über den Blindkauf von ,,Spinnen des Todes" ziemlich geärgert, die Dark Castle-Produktionen dagegen halte ich für richtig gut gelungenes (Popcorn) Horror-Kino mit einigen der genialsten ,,Ketchup&Latex"-Effekten der jüngeren Vergangenheit, nach meinem Geschmack sind ,,KNB-EFX" die absolut Besten die derzeit tricktechnisch am Markt unterwegs sind.
Freue mich in demZusammenhang schon gewaltig auf ,,Gothika"!

Gruß jerry

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020