OFDb

Evil Dead Rise

Begonnen von StS, 3 Dezember 2022, 13:45:35

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Leider keine Fortsetzung des Remakes - sondern ein neuer Film in der Franchise...

ZitatEvil Dead franchise creator Sam Raimi handpicked Lee Cronin to make a new Evil Dead movie after seeing his feature directorial debut The Hole in the Ground. The story Cronin crafted for Evil Dead Rise has the following synopsis:

A road-weary Beth pays an overdue visit to her older sister Ellie, who is raising three kids on her own in a cramped L.A apartment. The sisters' reunion is cut short by the discovery of a mysterious book deep in the bowels of Ellie's building, giving rise to flesh-possessing demons, and thrusting Beth into a primal battle for survival as she is faced with the most nightmarish version of motherhood imaginable.

Although the film is set in Los Angeles, filming actually took place in New Zealand. Lily Sullivan and Alyssa Sutherland star as the estranged sisters at the heart of the story. Gabrielle Echols, Morgan Davies, and Nell Fisher play Ellie's three kids. Mia Challis is playing Jessica, "an 18 year old girl, who is obsessed with fashion and Instagram. Jessica loves to be the center of attention, although she is smarter than she lets on".

Campbell does not appear in the movie, as he has formally retired from playing the role of Evil Dead franchise hero Ash, but he did produce the film alongside Raimi and Rob Tapert, as those three hold the rights to the series. Evil Dead Rise is a collaboration between Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, and Ghost House Pictures.

Evil Dead Rise was originally intended to be released through the HBO Max streaming service, but the film scored so highly at test screenings that it's going to get a theatrical release on April 21st. (Joblo.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

4 Januar 2023, 19:49:02 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 4 Januar 2023, 19:53:05 von StS

Nice.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Moonshade

Atmosphärisch ist der Trailer ja durchaus und state-of-the-art, aber mal sehen, was sie mit den Teenagern riskieren - die muss ich generell eigentlich nicht in der Franchise haben, aber ganz so familienfreundlich wird es schon nicht werden...
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Terry Noonan

Rated R for strong bloody horror violence and gore, and some language

UK 18

Da sollte hoffentlich was gehen   :happy2:
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

StS

StS

PierrotLeFou

Gefiel mir ganz gut. Cronin erzählt nach "The Hole in the Ground" (2019) nochmals vom Umgang mit Mutterrollen, nun im "Evil Dead"-Rahmen. Recht durchsichtig, aber sauber kommt das Figurengefüge daher, mit dem ein individuelles Drama entfaltet ist, das eher funktioniert als Raimis love story im Original und auch den Gegensatz von "Leben spenden" und "Zerstörung" in den Film holt, aber dabei in Konventionen und Klischees hängenbleibt... handwerklich und inszenatorisch auf sehr ordentlich Niveau, permanent Anspannung erzeugend, deftig in den Splatterszenen, eher als der 2013er-Beitrag am eigenwilligen Humor des Originals. Trotz Dante und Doré am Ende hätte das gerne noch ein bisschen mehr Ausufern können im Finale. Dennoch: Eine furiose Horrorkomödie, sauber ausgearbeitet. Gute 7/10
"Eines Tages werde ich ein wahrhaft großes Drama schreiben. Niemand wird verstehen, worauf es hinaus will, aber alle werden nach Hause gehen mit einem vagen Gefühl der Unzufriedenheit mit ihrem Leben und ihrer Umgebung. Dann werden sie neue Tapeten aufhängen und die Sache vergessen." (Saki)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020