OFDb

All the Light we cannot see (WWII-Netflix-Miniserie von Shawn Levy)

Begonnen von StS, 18 April 2023, 19:20:54

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Adapted from Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winning bestselling 2014 novel, Shawn Levy directs the four-part series from a script by Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders). The series premieres on Netflix on November 2, 2023.

The story follows "Marie-Laure, a blind French girl, and her father, Daniel LeBlanc, who flee German-occupied Paris with a legendary diamond to keep it from falling into the hands of the Nazis," reads the official synopsis. "Relentlessly pursued by a cruel Gestapo officer who seeks to possess the stone for his own selfish means, Marie-Laure and Daniel soon find refuge in St. Malo, where they take up residence with a reclusive uncle who transmits clandestine radio broadcasts as part of the resistance. Yet here in this once-idyllic seaside city, Marie-Laure's path also collides inexorably with the unlikeliest of kindred spirits: Werner, a brilliant teenager enlisted by Hitler's regime to track down illegal broadcasts, who instead shares a secret connection to Marie-Laure as well as her faith in humanity and the possibility of hope."

All The Light We Cannot See introduces newcomers Aria Mia Loberti and Nell Sutton as the older and younger Marie-Laure, respectively. Mark Ruffalo plays Daniel LeBlanc, Hugh Laurie plays Uncle Etienne, Louis Hofman plays Lars, Lars Eidinger plays Von Rumpel, and Marion Bailey plays Madame Manec.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020