OFDb

"Coyote vs. Acme" - kommt zu "Batgirl" in den WB-Giftschrank?

Begonnen von StS, 10 November 2023, 19:32:57

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

10 November 2023, 19:32:57 Letzte Bearbeitung: 14 November 2023, 09:22:23 von StS
ZitatWarner Bros. Shelves John Cena's 'Coyote vs. Acme' Movie a Year After It Completed Filming

A little over a year after the shelving of Batgirl sent shockwaves throughout Hollywood, Warner Bros. is putting another of its films in the studio vault.

(...)

The feature, which sources believe cost around $72 million ot make, had key Warners talent involved in front of the camera and behind the scenes. It stars John Cena, who starred in Max's popular DC show Peacemaker and who is due to return for the second season. And DC Studios co-head James Gunn produced the feature and worked on the story. Warners is intent on staying in business with filmmaker Green and is developing a project at sister movie arm New Line Cinema.

(...)

Green concluded: "I am beyond proud of the final product, and beyond devastated by WB's decision. But in the spirit of Wile E. Coyte, resilience and persistence win the day."

kompletter Artikel: hollywoodreporter.com

War schon bei "Batgirl" ein mieser Schritt von WB für die Macher/Darsteller und Zuschauer.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Nach dem "Aufschrei" über die Entscheidung wird in diesem Fall nun wohl aktiv bei WB darüber nachgedacht, den Streifen stattdessen an einen Streamingdienst zu verkaufen...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

McClane

Ob dann für "Batgirl" und den eingelagerten "Scooby"-Film auch noch Hoffnung besteht? Disney hat die abgeschriebene "Nautilus"-Serie ja wenigstens auch verscherbelt (während ihre "Spiderwick Chronicles"-Serie wohl gerade auch noch unveröffentlicht rumgammelt).
"Was würde Joe tun? Joe würde alle umlegen und ein paar Zigaretten rauchen." [Last Boy Scout]

"testosteronservile Actionfans mit einfachen Plotbedürfnissen, aber benzingeschwängerten Riesenklöten"
(Moonshade über yours truly)

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020