OFDb

Megalomaniac (fieser Horror aus Belgien)

Begonnen von StS, 1 August 2022, 18:59:35

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

With Megalomaniac, prolific filmmaker Karim Ouelhaj, Méliès d'Or winner for The Frozen Eye (2016), brings us his fourth feature and by far his most savage.

From Fantasia: "His sharp examination of societal anguish blends into this genre-adoring film that no horror devotee would dare miss. Carried by the breathtaking performance of lead actor Eline Schumacher and her descent into insanity, Megalomaniac digs deep into the sordid true story of Belgian serial killer, The Butcher of Mons. Megalomaniac is a nightmare of mystical violence anchored in the reality of female persecution and gendered abuse."

Meagan wrote in her BloodyDisgusting.com-Fantasia review, "Megalomaniac yields extremism, confrontational horror that aims to offend as much as it does evoke wrath, and societal reflection."

"It's at once compelling and uncomfortable to watch," she added.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Das wirkt in der Tat extrem düster und dreckig - irgendwie assoziiert man ein belgisches Sujet fast schon mit diesen Attributen. Bin gespannt!

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020