OFDb

House of Re-Animator

Begonnen von StS, 23 August 2005, 01:06:23

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Hedning

Ich finde nicht, dass diese Szenen unpassend sind. Für mich bereichern sie den Film eher (z. B. wo Paul in dieses total versiffte Hotelzimmer kommt und sich in geradezu hysterischer Weise darüber aufregt). Das ist doch mal ein ganz netter Gegenentwurf zum ultra-maskulinen Superhelden... Das einzige, was ein bisschen nervt, ist seine ständig vorkommende Redewendung "Two possibilities", Dagon ist aber m. E. trotzdem ein Superfilm  :love:

brachialromanti

vor allem die Anolis uncut Edition... Faust hätte etwas mehr Geld mehr als gut getan, denn er hat das wohl unspektakulärste Ende seit Kinder des Zorns 3 (fiese Anspielung)... ´Wer hat denn die Rechte am Vertrieb in Deutschland? EMS? Wäre gut, ist eines meiner neuen Lieblings-Labels!!

Greetz n Cheerz
Zitat von: Mr. Vincent Vega
Natürlich liebe ich GTA - immerhin kann ich dort Frauen erschiessen!!

Hedning

Worauf zielt deine Frage wegen der Vertriebsrechte? Es gibt die leicht gekürzte 18er DVD von e-m-s und die ungeschnittene von Anolis (vergriffen?).

Hellboy

3 Januar 2007, 17:14:07 #63 Letzte Bearbeitung: 3 Januar 2007, 17:20:02 von Hellboy
Zitat von: Hedning am  3 Januar 2007, 16:25:17
Worauf zielt deine Frage wegen der Vertriebsrechte? Es gibt die leicht gekürzte 18er DVD von e-m-s und die ungeschnittene von Anolis (vergriffen?).

Eigentlich werden beide dt. Fassungen über e-m-s vertrieben. E-M-S repräsentiert den Vertrieb von Anolis Entertainment.

Das ist etwa wie Legend Films, deren Filme werden über Universum vertrieben.

Und ich denke mal auch das die Uncut von Anolis vergriffen ist. Meine Anolis war aus einem Restpaket von E-M-S, so der Ladeninhaber.

brachialromanti

Zitat von: Hedning am  3 Januar 2007, 16:25:17
Meinte eher, wer die Rechte am Vertrieb für House of Re-Animator hat...
Zitat von: Mr. Vincent Vega
Natürlich liebe ich GTA - immerhin kann ich dort Frauen erschiessen!!

StS

'House of Re-Animator' Joining 'Masters of Horror'?

DC scored some interesting news from star Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator) who updates them on Stuart Gordon's much delayed House of Re-Animator. What she had to say was very interesting; apparently since there is such an issue with funding and because the script is a parody of the Bush administration, there is some talk of making House of Re-Animator Stuart's next Masters of Horror episode! More news as it comes in. The film focuses on a Bush-like president who dies in office. His staff covertly brings in Dr. Herbert West to reanimate the Commander in Chief, and the expected chaos ensues.

(Bloody Disgusting)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Dr. Phibes (Buurman)

Oh nein, bitte bloß nicht! Ich freue mich immer auf einen neuen Re-Animator Teil, besonders wenn Gordon mal wieder Regie führt. Aber bitte keinen einstündigen Re-Ani Film. Qualitiativ sind die MoH-Folgen ja immer recht unterschiedlich und bei einem neuen Re-Animator habe ich da kein gutes Gefühl.

StS

Combs Doesn't Want West Getting Polotical in 'Re-Animator'

One film I'm sick of hearing about and just wish they'd shoot already is Stuart Gordon's House of Re-Animator, which will have Jeffrey Combs return as Dr. Herbert West in the White House for what sounds like a political adventure. We've heard a lot about this film, but never that Combs has his own ideas for the film! Read on for the skinny.

ZitatCombs NOT Keen On Political RE-ANIMATOR?

In a recent interview with Icons Of Fright, Jeffrey Combs spoke briefly about the much-talked about new RE-ANIMATOR sequel HOUSE OF RE-ANIMATOR. Refresher – HOUSE would reunite the entire team responsible for the first RE-ANIMATOR film including director Stuart Gordon, writers Gordon and Dennis Paoli, Combs and producer Brian Yuzna. In the story, Herbert West is brought in by the government to resurrect the recently deceased president currently in office because he must remain to appear alive to the American people! When asked about the idea of putting Herbert West, a character Combs has a great affinity for in a political satire, he had some interesting things to say.

"Well, this is one of those things where Stuart and I still have an on-going difference of opinion on! Because my argument was "Fine." I love the idea of Herbert getting put into a political story where the President or Vice-President is dead and can't be, so I resurrect him, bring him back and chaos ensues. I love that sort of idea! But where we sort of veer away from each other is that Stuart wants to do it right on the nose. Like an impersonation of Bush and Cheney and all of them."

He continues later in the interview, "I just thought, firstly RE-ANIMATOR has never been a political vehicle and you've got a long way to go to convince me that it should be! And two, that's fine now, but in two years I don't know if it's still relevant. Then as it came closer and closer to like, you have to write this thing, then you have to shoot it, then you have to post, then you have to release it before an election day, it became even more and more clear to me that it shouldn't be an impersonation."

"It should be like DR. STRANGELOVE. Have a dynamic where there is a President and a Vice-President that are running rough-shot over all of our liberties and freedoms. But don't have it be so obvious. When you see DR. STRANGELOVE, none of those people are particularly recognizable as anyone that's ever been president. And yet, the point is made about power. Absolute power and corrupting absolutely. And so, that's sort of been my take on it."

Because of the political subject matter, Gordon has mentioned in previous interviews that it's been a difficult film to convince investors to finance.

Combs adds, "He is right. People are weary about financing it. They don't want to go there. I'm not so sure that horror and politics are a mix."

Original complete interview here:
http://www.iconsoffright.com/IV_Combs.htm
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

ZitatRE-ANIMATOR fans hoping for a fresh installment this year are in for a disappointmen. Director Stuart Gordon told Fangoria that his long-planned sequel HOUSE OF RE-ANIMATOR has hit a brick wall. "Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to happen," Gordon says from Los Angeles, where he recently finished editing EATER, his episode of FEAR ITSELF). Gordon blames the HOUSE situation on the current political climate. The screenplay by the director and his longtime collaborator Dennis Paoli contains a strong dose of satire, aimed squarely at the current occupant of the White House. "We could not find funding for it; I think people are still too afraid of offending the Bush administration," says Gordon, who finds the setback intensely frustrating. "I mean, here's RE-ANIMATOR, which is a very successful franchise, but nobody wanted to do that story. People are definitely afraid. These guys are known for payback. Everyone is just counting the days until they're out of office." For that reason, Gordon doesn't hold much hope of salvaging the project at a future date. "It was sort of specifically about what's going on right now. Maybe we could rethink it or something, at some point. But it's just one of those missed opportunities."

To make matters worse, the production team had assembled a fantastic cast. "It's very disappointing," Gordon sighs. "We had William H. Macy [star of the director's EDMOND] all lined up to play the president, George Wendt [from Gordon's KING OF THE ANTS and SPACE TRUCKERS] to play the vice president. And everybody else was going to come back—Jeffrey Combs, Bruce Abbott and Barbara Crampton."

Fortunately, Gordon has other, more positive news to report. "THING ON THE DOORSTEP is moving forward, and I'm hoping that we'll be shooting it this summer," he says of his latest H.P. Lovecraft-inspired feature. "At this point I really can't say too much—we're just casting it now. And STUCK, my most recent film, is going to be released theatrically on May 30. It will be a small release by ThinkFilm, but they did a great job with the Sidney Lumet movie [BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD], so I'm hoping they'll do an equally good job with this one." (thanks to Fangoria.com)

Roughale

Bitte lass dass einen Aprilscherz sein - bitte bitte....

esta es la mejor mota
When there is no more room for talent OK will make another UFC

Vinyard Vaughn

Zitat von: Roughale am  1 April 2008, 12:05:06

StS scherzt nie! Er ist Amerikaner, die wissen gar nicht was Humor ist ...  :LOL: :rofl:
Zitat von: ForenregelnMaximalgröße für Bildsignaturen: 400x133 Pixel, 50 kb – nicht animiert!

When I see her on the street
You know she makes my life complete

Roughale

Zitat von: Vinyard Vaughn am  1 April 2008, 12:21:39
Zitat von: Roughale am  1 April 2008, 12:05:06

StS scherzt nie! Er ist Amerikaner, die wissen gar nicht was Humor ist ...  :LOL: :rofl:

Und wie entschuldigen sie dann W.? ;)

esta es la mejor mota

StS

Ach, gerade in den USA bietet der Schorsch doch eine schier unerschöpfliche Politsatire-Quelle - was so ja auch unter der Bevölkerung und in den Medien durchaus weit verbreitet ist.   ;)

Riddick

Wenn das stimmt,wäre es echt schade.Sollte es wirklich am Drehbuch und der politischen Lage liegen,könnte man das Drehbuch doch mit Sicherheit einfach umschreiben oder gar ein neues Drehbuch anfertigen.
"Schnell rennt das kriminelle Element,wenn es Dieter Krause kennt." - Tom Gerhardt (Hausmeister Krause)

StS

Bloody Disgusting hat Stuart Gordon auf den Stand des Projekts angesprochen - hier seine Antwort:

"I wish I had good news on that but it doesn't look like its going to happen," Gordon tells Bloody-Disgusting. "It's Funny, I have been having second thoughts lately because I keep reading about Oliver Stone doing this movie about George W Bush, I kept thinking that its sort of old news if we do a movie about the Bush administration, by the time it comes out we will have a new president, and at that point, who cares? But maybe people are still intrigued at the bush administrations; its so audacious, maybe they will still be interested."

StS

Nein, kein "House", sondern eine TV-Serie kündigt sich an - hier einige Infos:

Zitat'Herbert West' Returns as a Teenager in New 'Re-Animator' Series!
Saturday, November 15, 2008, Bloody Disgusting

We learned exclusively that Transition Entertainment is shooting a pilot presentation next April that will bring RE-ANIMATOR's Herbert West back as "a teenage Dr. Frankenstein for the new millennium". Entitled HERBERT WEST: RE-ANIMATOR THE SERIES, the pilot episode was written by Meredith Red and William Butler, with a director yet to be named. Beyond the break you'll find the exclusive casting breakdown that was sent into us by a requested 'anonymous' B-D regular.

[HERBERT WEST] (18) – is a teenage Dr. Frankenstein for the new millennium. He's a dark, shy, somewhat sexy and narcissistic young man obsessed with finding the secret to life and learning the formula that will reanimate the dead. His philosophy, "Sometimes you have to cause death to lay the foundation for life" leaves him often-criticized by his young contemporaries. His unconventional theories about life and death make him a legend early on at Miskatonic University, yet he is respected as a brilliant young man of science. It takes him a while to see that his fellow classmate Harley is quietly developing feelings for him. There are many layers to Herbert's complicated personality and little by little we will reveal each layer, learning about his past and what drives him to discover the secret of reanimation.

[RANDY CARTER] (18) – Arkham local and Herbert West's good-looking roommate as well as his moral compass, sometimes struggles to understand that Herbert is conducting his experiments for the greater good. While trying to keep Herbert in check, Randy is slowly convinced there's more than meets the eye going on at the University campus. Eventually he begins a secret investigation into the scientific and paranormal phenomenon on campus and surrounding area, often getting himself and his comrades into serious trouble. Yet slowly convinced that he himself is possibly onto some kind of scientific breakthrough, he keeps the clues and phenomenon experience between himself and his friends. Randy comes to believe that the young man that went berserk on the campus was driven by a force unknown. Randy is always tinkering with his motorcycle.

[HARLEY WARREN] (18) – is nerdy-hot, sexy, smart, slowly begins to show that she secretly longs for Herbert's approval and affection. Even though her experiments are bold and her desire to help him on his journey are clear, Herbert fears she doesn't have the constitution and foresight for his kind of work. Constantly pushing to be an accepted member of the team, Harley sometimes takes things too far and has to go to Herbert and Randy for help to clean things up – that's if she can get away to call for help.

[CRAWFORD TILLINGHAST] (18) – Miskatonic's resident stud and bad boy. He's cocky, competitive and highly intelligent, but his jealousy of Herbert could be his downfall if he's not careful. A student whose research revolves around metaphysics and time manipulation and is also fascinated by the possibility of multi-dimensional planes of existence. Early on, he learns of Herbert's goal and he immediately begins to plot and scheme to find and fine tune the formula before Herbert does – sometimes with disastrous results. His obsession often leads to trouble where he too is forced to ask the others for help. Somewhere in season two, we will slowly learn that Crawford is secretly Dean Halsey's pawn as the old man, who claims to be the gangs' mentor and friend is really the cause of all the strange goings on at the university.

[MEGAN ARMITAGE] (18) – A smoking hot young psych student and the daughter of Henry Armitage, the university librarian. Skeptical of all of the supposed goings on at Miskatonic, Megan often loses her patience with her boyfriend Randy, using her sexuality to pull his focus. Though her tantrums, shameless flirting and arrogance can sometimes appear humorous, we will later find that Megan is not who she seems as she teams with others who intend to cause the gang harm. This is only foreshadowed as she eventually leaves Randy for Crawford.

[DEAN JONATHAN HALSEY] (50's) – After surviving the horrible event at Miskatonic that still haunts him, Dean Halsey befriends the newcomers, fascinated by their growing curiosity for the unexplored avenues of science. He secretly supports Herbert and the gang, often providing them with supplies and information as well as covering for them when things get a bit out of control. It won't be till later that we realize, through Carter's driving curiosity and amateur detective work that Dean Halsey has an agenda of his own, having conducted his own experiments in the unknown sciences and supernatural...the true cause of all of the trouble on campus – both old and new. Once he believes he no longer needs Herbert and the rest to attain his true goal – to find the key to opening another dimension, he plans to dispose of them all. "This is a vortex for activity, let this be our secret."

[STACI CARTER] (17) –Randy's younger sister. A cute young thing who goes to the local high school and works at their hangout...a rundown café where the gang often meets late at night to makes plans or sometimes recover from them. Stacy has a mad, unrequited crush on Crawford, so is always trying to hang around to be near him. Her desire to connect with him, sometimes gets her involved in the action.

[ADAM CHADWICK] (17) – Staci's handsome and closeted gay male friend. Confused why her friend never responds to her subtle flirting and advances, Staci eventually realizes that it's males he'd rather be with as he confides in her. Smart and fearless, Adam has uncanny ability to find a joke even in the most harrowing of situations. We will slowly find that he has a secret crush on Crawford – a crush that will eventually get everyone into a terrible mess, when Crawford manipulates him into helping him get what he wants.

[HOWIE PETERSON] (18) – aspires to be a science fiction writer and sometimes accidentally comes up with a clue or possibility by making reference to the tons of literature he has poured through in his life. It turns out his last name is really Lovecraft, but he doesn't use it because his father left he and his mother at a very young age.

[BURKE AND HARE] (20's) The Silent Bob and Jay of the show. The boys are local swindlers who Herbert befriends early in our story and that will do almost anything for a buck. Whether it be keeping Herbert in touch with the freshest specimens or risking their lives to find occult oddities that Carter requests – they are fearless and at their service. Sometimes they unwittingly save the day.

McHolsten

Hm, vom Grundsatz her finde ich es schon ziemlich cool "Re-Animator" als Serie weiterzuführen. Leider wird wohl Jeffrey Combs nicht mitspielen und wenn nur als Gaststar, ferner habe ich die Befürchtung das Ganze könnte zu PG-13/teenieelastig werden.  :icon_confused:
Gore on!

Riddick

Hm,also von einer Serie halte ich nicht sonderlich viel.Ich kann es auch irgendwie nicht verstehen,dass die sich nicht zu einem 4. teil durchringen können,aber nun eine Serie machen wollen.
"Schnell rennt das kriminelle Element,wenn es Dieter Krause kennt." - Tom Gerhardt (Hausmeister Krause)

StS

ZitatAbout That 'Herbert West' TV Series....
Monday, November 17, 2008

This weekend we broke the news that a new TV series is the works that would bring Herbert West to the small screen as a young teenage Dr. Frankenstein. Almost immediately following the post one of the mad geniuses behind HERBERT WEST: RE-ANIMATOR THE SERIES dropped us a line to clear up any questions B-D readers might have about it. Read on for the skinny.

Here's the low down of the plot from Writer William Butler.

"We are currently working on a pilot for television, which follows a group of young science students while on their journey at Miskatonic University and the sci-fi and supernatural events that occur there," he tells Bloody-Disgusting exclusively.

But it should be clear that this show is going to be very separate from Stuart Gordon's masterpiece RE-ANIMATOR.

"This project in no way is connected to/or like the original classic movie [RE-ANIMATOR], which we respect and honor with all of our being, but rather a growing narrative inspired by all of HP Lovecrafts early works as well as new science fiction elements. 'Herbert West: Re-Animator The Series' will be for Science Fiction, what Buffy The Vampire Slayer was for gothic horror."

Something really cool we learned is that the project was created by Meredith Red, wife of legendary horror writer/director Eric Red, three time Emmy Award Winner John Vulich and William Butler.

The pilot presentation for HERBERT WEST is slated to shoot in April of 2009 from Transition Entertainment.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

Crumby Crumb & the Cunty Bunch

Daß das ne beschissene Teenie Soap wird, war mir klar, als ich die Abrisse der 11 Hauptcharaktere gelesen habe; typisches WB/CW Material, in dem es am Ende mehr um "wer pimpert wen" geht, als um alles andere   :scar:
'Are you talkin' to me? You talkin' to me?' - Raging Bull, Pacino. Love that movie!

Roughale

Schade, sehr schade... :algoschaf:

esta es la mejor mota

Insolvenzverwalter

:wallbash:

Was würde denn gegen eine Verfilmung der Original Geschichte sprechen? So im Mini-Serienformat 6x45 Minuten. Das wäre doch ideal.

StS

Zur TV-Serie...   :icon_eek:

ZitatHERBERT WEST RE-ANIMATOR THE SERIES: While producer Brian Yuzna is developing a remake of his 1985 classic RE-ANIMATOR (in tandem with Ray Haboush's Halcyon International Pictures, and set to be shot in 3-D), development of a new TV series based on H.P. Lovecraft's mad scientist Herbert West and various classic HPL stories is progressing simultaneously in Hollywood. Check out those pix just below... the end of the world is upon us. (thanks to Fangoria.com)

Dr. STRG+C+V n0NAMe

Nicht, dass ich jemals gelaubt hätte, dass eine Serie irgendwie sinnvoll wäre, aber das sieht ähnlich wie bei der Terminator-Serie sehr stark nach House of Re-Animator 90210 aus. Für Geld machen einige Leute scheinbar alles. Naja, ich muss es ja zum Glück nicht anschauen.

Gruß

n0NAMe
Aktueller Rang: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
---
Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
---
Carpenter Brut - Obituary
---
Pertubator - Miami Disco

StS

Hey, nichts gegen S.C.C.!   ;)
Das hier sieht viel schlimmer aus!

Dr. STRG+C+V n0NAMe

Zitat von: StS am  6 März 2009, 07:58:33

gegen

Soooooooooooooooo ein Unterschied.  :icon_mrgreen:
Aktueller Rang: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
---
Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
---
Carpenter Brut - Obituary
---
Pertubator - Miami Disco

RoboLuster

6 März 2009, 11:54:16 #86 Letzte Bearbeitung: 6 März 2009, 19:20:03 von SplatMat
Zitat von: parker_posey_fan am 19 November 2008, 10:23:28

Was würde denn gegen eine Verfilmung der Original Geschichte sprechen? So im Mini-Serienformat 6x45 Minuten. Das wäre doch ideal.

Was würde denn gegen die Einhaltung der original Forenregeln sprechen? So nicht animierte Signaturen 400x133 Max. Das wäre doch ideal.

edit: Ist erledigt!
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

McHolsten

Oh Nein....  :icon_eek:
Bitte bitte nicht...  :icon_eek:
Gore on!

notrickz

Oh nee, das sieht ja wirklich übel aus. Da komm ich ja grad gar nicht drauf klar. Oh Mann, was hätte denn dagegen gesprochen einfach einen ganz normalen Re-Animator Teil zu drehen. Am Geld kann's ja wohl nicht liegen, die Serie stinkt ja förmlich nach flop. Es scheint wohl der neue Trend zu sein solche Tennieserien alá Smallville auf die Fangemeinde loszulassen und dazu noch mit solchen Hackfre##en. :nono:

Akayuki

Damit dürfte jegliche Form der Vorfreude restlos beseitigt sein...  :eek:

In diesem Fall sagen Bilder mal wieder mehr als Tausend Worte. Sehr schade wie man so viel Potential verschenken kann...
Original Zitat: "Ey Leute, Hard Boiled ist besser als Sex! Da hast du zwei Stunden pure Äckschen!"

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020