OFDb

Threading Over Dark ...eine Art "Indie"-"Hostel"?

Begonnen von StS, 5 Dezember 2005, 21:08:46

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Threading Over Dark

•   CAST: Jennifer Santich, Roger Hudson, Sandra-Jessica Couturier....
•   WRITER: Greg Stechman
•   PRODUCER: Anthony Alfano
•   DIRECTOR: Greg Stechman
•   CINEMATOGRAPHER: Greg Stechman

Inspired by true events, "Threading Over Dark" revolves around the lives of eight individuals and their contributions to events surrounding the murder of rape victims in the Sacramento Area.

Website mit Trailer:
http://www.enterthedark.net/

ZitatToday I got an interesting email about an independent film entitled Threading Over Dark. After watching the trailer for Greg W. Stechman's flick over at his official website, I couldn't help but think "this is the indie version of Hostel!" Although the plot is different, it sure does capture the same essence.  (Bloody Disgusting)

ZitatBurning Grounds Independent Media has announced that its horror film THREADING OVER DARK will begin shooting this May on various locations in and around San Francisco and the San Fernando Valley. With a budget of slightly under $1 million, the Super-16mm production will be produced by Anthony Alfano and directed by Greg Stechman, reuniting with actress Jennifer Santich, the star of his previous feature UNFINISHED MANUSCRIPT. Stechman also wrote the script (described by Alfano as "one of the most twisted and frightening specs I have ever read"), which centers on Karen, a nurse who is raped by a co-worker and winds up with both an unnatural pregnancy and a murderous stalker who has been targeting rape victims. "I believe in surprises," Stechman says in Burning Grounds' press release, "and I believe in serious scares. There is no humor in this film, just 280 gallons of fake blood."

Stechman also gave Fango some additional details about his intentions for THREADING OVER DARK. "It's a very realistic movie, and the one thing the producer asked when I brought him the script was, 'If we take away the blood and the bells and whistles, will the audience still stay in the theater?' So the movie needs to operate on two levels to work—one is sheer terror, and the second is raw human emotion. It's one thing to make your audience sympathize and care about your characters, but it's another to actually make them feel exactly what they're feeling at that moment. IRREVERSIBLE did that, and we're going for the same thing—the original intent was to make something along the lines of IRREVERSIBLE with supernatural elements. We're actually shooting our film in the same format he shot his, with similar editing techniques. I want to let foreign influences into this film; I'm also influenced a lot by Takashi Miike, the JU-ON films and the Pang brothers."(Fangoria.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

blade41

Klingt interessant und der Trailer sind ganz vielversprechend aus. Werd ich mir mal vormerken.

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020