OFDb

Grindhouse von Quentin Tarantino & Robert Rodriguez

Begonnen von EL-ToRRo, 31 Januar 2006, 22:19:23

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

EL-ToRRo

31 Januar 2006, 22:19:23 Letzte Bearbeitung: 23 Dezember 2009, 16:43:30 von Neos Wurstsex-Sklave
Hab jetzt schon häufiger gehört, das Ende 2006 ein neuer Tarantino/Rodriguez Film in die Kinos kommt. Diesmal ist es ein Horrorfilm, oder eher gesagt 2 Filme, die jeweils 60 Minuten dauern. US-Release ist angeblich am 22.09.2006. (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/809)

Also ich als Fan freu mich da schon Tierisch drauf, auch wenn ich noch nicht weiß worum es in den Filmen genau geht.

Also: Wenn da jemand mehr weiß, bitte schreiben!!!

Edit:Titel korrigiert

StS

31 Januar 2006, 22:25:26 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 1 Februar 2006, 15:24:04 von StS
Hier spricht Rodriguez über das Projekt:

Zitat"I'm doing an exploitation movie with Quentin [Tarantino]," the one-man film crew said of his longtime friend and "Sin City" guest director. "It's a double feature called 'Grind House.' There'll be a lot of location stuff on that, but we're shooting it really fast because it's supposed to be like an old '70s drive-in-type movie."

The Texas-born filmmaker revealed that he's currently holed up at Tarantino's Los Angeles abode, and they're working both together and separately. "I'm at his house now writing it," Rodriguez said of the film that they expect to shoot "probably in the fall ... They're two different movies, but he reads me stuff and I tell him stuff that I do."

Rodriguez reported that "Grind House" will be made for former Miramax honchos Harvey and Bob Weinstein's new company, and that the two Miramax disciples came up with the idea for the film after a coincidence that could only happen to them. "Before 'Sin City,' I had an idea to do a double feature. I had kind of forgotten about an old double-feature poster I had — it was two movie posters on the same poster: 'Two Hot Rod Flicks Together: "Dragstrip Girl" and "Rock All Night," ' and I thought that's cool, that I should do something like that. Two truncated features, each one is like an hour. I forgot about it and went to Quentin's house to show him his 'Sin City' DVD, his section, and he had the same poster on his floor.

"I said, 'Hey, I thought about doing a double feature,' " he continued. "I'll do one and you should do the other one, and he was like, 'F--- yeah, we'll call it "Grind House" and we'll do fake trailers in between for movies that don't exist!' "

When asked about the plot for his half, Rodriguez answered, "I can't say," a statement he echoed when asked about Tarantino's tale, revealing only that "my part will probably be more violent."

The former "El Mariachi" indie sensation added that he will serve as director of photography on Tarantino's half, which will most likely be shot in Austin, Texas. To return the favor, Tarantino may appear on camera in Rodriguez's half. "He said if I had a part for him, he'd love to do it. He loves to work with people, like he did with me on 'From Dusk Till Dawn,' something different from what he normally does."

Insisting that "I've got probably the best character I've ever come up with in mind" for the script, Rodriguez beamed that "Grind House" will be "done like real Roger Corman-style, where some of my cast will show up in his movie, but as the characters in his movie. It's almost like this is our troupe of actors. One of the trailers will feature someone in the cast of his movie, in another movie that doesn't exist."

One such phony ad will include another former "Dusk" co-collaborator. "I'll tell you one of the ideas for a trailer," Rodriguez revealed. "It's an exploitation movie starring Danny Trejo. He's a Mexican, and he's the hero, and it's really cool." (MTV.com)

Bitte auch den Thread-Titel der tatsächlichen Schreibweise des Films anpassen: "Grind House".  :icon_wink:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Oh Dae Su

1 Februar 2006, 08:07:55 #2 Letzte Bearbeitung: 1 Februar 2006, 14:11:27 von Oh Dae Su
Ich hab gelesen das es in Tarantinos Film um einen Mörder geht der mit seinem Auto mordet und in Rodeiguez Film geht es um Zombies.

http://www.q-tarantino.de/index.php?id=29&category=1

painlust

das wär mal wieder was
tarantino filme sind eh genial

Watcher

Leider isses mittlerweile so, dass alles wo QT draufsteht automatscih gut ist (wenn er zweifelsohne einer der besten Reggisseure dieser Zeit ist)...
Zum Post von Oh Dae Su: Fühlte mich sofort an From Dusk Till Dawn erinnert! Tarantino: Roadfilm und Rodriguez übernahm den Zombieteil (zum größten Teil).

Oh Dae Su

Zitat von: Watcher am  1 Februar 2006, 14:53:29
Leider isses mittlerweile so, dass alles wo QT draufsteht automatscih gut ist (wenn er zweifelsohne einer der besten Reggisseure dieser Zeit ist)...
Zum Post von Oh Dae Su: Fühlte mich sofort an From Dusk Till Dawn erinnert! Tarantino: Roadfilm und Rodriguez übernahm den Zombieteil (zum größten Teil).

Hat Tarantino etwa auch Regie geführt?
Ich dachte er war nur am Drehbuch beteiligt.

StS

Zitat von: Oh Dae Su am  1 Februar 2006, 15:58:21
Hat Tarantino etwa auch Regie geführt?
Ich dachte er war nur am Drehbuch beteiligt.

Nein, hat er nicht. Du hast natürlich Recht. Er meinte wahrscheinlich "vom Stil her".
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Pai Mei

Hahah! :icon_mrgreen: Ich freue mich schon wie ein kleines Kind auf Grind House. Tarantino & Rodriguez werden wohl wieder einen Hammer Film wie From Dusk Till Dawn abliefern. :dodo:

Hana-Bi

Kling ja interesant. Der Meister und der Schüler wieder bei der Arbeit.

EvilEd84

Na wenn der Titel Programm ist, freu ich mich schon...

TDR liess das Grind House Kino ja schon mit Krachen aufleben!!

StS

1.)  Könnte ein Mod oder Admin bitte den Titel dieses Threads berichtigen: "Grind House"! Danke.

2.)  Der Film soll am 22.September in den USA anlaufen

ZitatTarantino & Rodriguez Begin Grind
Source: Variety, February 2, 2006

The Weinstein Company's Grind -- for which Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez are each set to direct a 60-minute horror tale -- is headed into production in the coming weeks, with Rodriguez readying to shoot his segment on his home turf of Austin, Texas.

Variety says Rodriguez's part, "Planet Terror," will be a zombie movie, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher film. Casting hasn't been announced for either segment.

The two filmmakers are hammering out concepts for some of the faux trailers and ads that will run between the two pics as an intermission.

Tarantino is keen this time on shooting a fake trailer for a sexploitation movie titled "Cowgirls in Sweden." Other possibilities include a blaxploitation film and a kung-fu movie.

The trade says that Grind will be shot in the tradition of the '70s exploitation films that influences both helmers.

The studio is targeting a September 22 release for Grind.

3.)  Parallel zum Film wird ein Buch über das Projekt entstehen.

Zitat'Grind House' Novel Coming this Summer

Trademark Publishing announced today a book based on Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriquez' upcoming horror pic Grind House, "This 250 page hardcover companion book to GRIND HOUSE offers fans an insider's look into the making of the hotly anticipated double feature by Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. Filled with cast and crew interviews, hundreds of full-color photographs, never-before-seen conceptual art and an in-depth history of the grindhouse genre by the directors themselves, GRIND HOUSE: THE SLEAZE FILLED SAGA OF AN EXPLOITATION DOUBLE FEATURE is the essential fan's guide to the two-fisted bloodbath of the year."
(Bloody Disgusting)

StS

Michael Keaton Enters the 'Grindhouse'?

Although nothing has been confirmed yet, IESB received a scoop from a reader who claims they met Michael Keaton at Disneyland in California and discovered some interesting news. If you couldn't read the title above, Michael Keaton told this scooper that he will have a role in WeinsteinCo.'s Grindhouse, which will be directed by both Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriquez. He tells the scooper that he has a role specifically in Rodriquez's 60-minute zombie film entitled "Project Terror". Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will be a slasher segment. 'Grindhouse' is aiming for a September 22nd release.

(Bloody Disgusting)

Pai Mei

Mann! Ich freue mich wie ein verdammter Kojote auf diesen 100% genialen Streifen von Tarantino und Rodriguez. Hoffentlich kommt der dieses Jahr noch... :dodo:

mr. pink

@Pai Mei: Deutscher Starttermin wird keinesfalls mehr 2006 sein, wenn er in den USA am 22.09. veröffentlicht wird.
I expect that you think that I should be haunted
But it never really bothers me

Jersey Bellini

Zitat von: mr. pink am 11 Februar 2006, 13:19:58
@Pai Mei: Deutscher Starttermin wird keinesfalls mehr 2006 sein, wenn er in den USA am 22.09. veröffentlicht wird.

Hmm, weshalb gehst Du davon aus, dass der Film hier zwangsläufig mit mindestens 3 Monaten Verzögerung kommen würde?

Pai Mei

Zitat von: mr. pink am 11 Februar 2006, 13:19:58

Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt.

StS

ZitatRoth Joins 'Grindhouse', Pics Now 75-Minutes Long!

A whopping two and a half hour movie featuring blood, carnage, flesh and two of genre fans favorite directors, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriquez- "epic" is the word to describe the WeinsteinCo.'s Grindhouse, which is aiming at a September 22nd release. The news keeps pouring in as the film is now being shot on location in Austin, Texas. Today Variety scored two very important tid-bits in an article about Dimension Films and everyone's favorite brothers, the Weinsteins. First and most important, the films will now be 75-minutes long; two, Eli Roth will be direction one (or more) of the commercials between films.

Variety reports:

In addition to a "Sin City" sequel for next year, Rodriguez is working on "Grindhouse," for which he and Quentin Tarantino will each helm a 75-minute horror tale. Pic is now nearing production in Rodriguez's hometown of Austin, Texas.

Each tale will be separated by faux ads and trailers that will feature big-name talent and direction by other helmers, like Eli Roth. And the trailers may even include kernels of ideas for future "Grind" films. "It will be a totally new experience, and a whole step above," Bob Weinstein says. Subsequent installments could be blaxploitation pics or kung fu movies.

Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg.

Robi

bei dem starttermin 22.09. in den usa, wär der film ja fast nen kandidat fürs diesjährige fantasy film fest!
- "My god, it's Adolf Hitler!"

- "This is Sam Smith!
  He's our undercover expert.
  He's only disguised as Adolf Hitler."

StS

Zitat von: Robi van Gore am 13 Februar 2006, 22:54:10
bei dem starttermin 22.09. in den usa, wär der film ja fast nen kandidat fürs diesjährige fantasy film fest!

Ist nun wohl nicht mehr drin:

ZitatHave a Happy Holiday with 'Grind House'
We received word this morning that WeinsteinCo.'s double-feature gore pic Grind House (yes that's still the title) has been bumped back a few months from it's September 22nd date to a new December 1st, 2006 date. Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez each will direct a 75-minute horror tale including fake movie trailers in between both movies. Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg. So far Alicia Rachel Marek, John Jarrett and Danny Trejo are all set to star. More details as they come in.  (Bloody Disgusting)

StS

ZitatSavini Reunites with Rodriguez on 'Grind House'

The House of Horrors reports today that FX guru Tom Savini will be reuniting with Robert Rodriguez once again in WeinsteinCo.'s Grind House, which is now filming in Austin, Texas. He joins John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek and possibly Michael Keaton. Savini has a small role in Rodriguez' From Dusk Till Dawn as Sex Machine, the crazy biker dude. In 'Grind House', which hits theaters this December, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez each will direct a 75-minute horror tale including fake movie trailers in between both movies. Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg.  (Bloody Disgusting)

StS

Weitere Casting-News:

ZitatMarley Shelton Joins Growing Cast of 'Grind House'
Apparently Marley Shelton has one of the lead roles in Robert Rodriguez & Quentin Tarantino's hugely-anticipated Grind House, according to Moviehole.net. You'll remember Shelton as that noxious devil, known only as 'The Customer', at the start of "Sin City", "Uptown Girls", "Sugar & Spice" or "Valentine". The film is also set to star John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin and Dean Fernando. The full cast listing is coming soon. Tarantino and Rodriguez each will direct a 75-minute horror tale including fake movie trailers in between both movies. Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg. Read on for a pic of Marley Shelton...

ZitatMichael Biehn is Back in 'Grind House'!
More casting comes in from the set of Rober Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's upcoming Grind House, which so far has John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin, Dean Fernando and Marley Shelton secured for roles. Robert Rodriguez is currently shooting his segment 'Project Terror' down in Austin, and it seems as though he'll have none other than Terminator-hater Michael Biehn among his live humans, according to CHUD. Hitting theaters December 1st, Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez each will direct a 75-minute horror tale including fake movie trailers in between both movies. Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg.

(Bloody Disgusting)

StS

StS

Das nenn ich doch mal eine recht coole Besetzung:  :icon_biggrin:

John Jarrett, Danny Trejo, Alicia Rachel Marek, Tom Savini, Josh Brolin, Dean Fernando, Marley Shelton, Michael Biehn, Mickey Rourke, Zoe Bell, Robert Rodriguez, Michael Parks, Emmy Robbin, Woody Harrelson, Jeff Fahey, Rose McGowan, Lucy Lawless

Glod

Zitat von: EvilEd84 am  1 Februar 2006, 19:26:38
TDR liess das Grind House Kino ja schon mit Krachen aufleben!!

Was genau muss ich mir unter "Grind House Kino" vorstellen? Blutige Folterfilmchen?
"Er wird mir eine Kugel verpassen und dann Selbstmord begehen." -Nina Meyers-

"Wir passen schon auf, dass er keinen Selbstmord begeht." -Jack Bauer-

the_tenant

Soweit ich weiß handelt es sich dabei um innerstädtische Kinos die Ende der 60er aufkamen. Diese zeigten Spartenfilme für Erwachsene fernab vom Multiplexprogrammen. Meist waren diese recht schäbig und hatten oftmals auch nur einen Saal. Genres waren B-Movies, Sex- Ex- Blaxploitationmovies. Horror- und Kung Fu Flicks usw. Hab mal gelesen, das Wort "Grind" kommt von "non stop grinding-out" movies... also rund um die Uhr. Und das "grind" soll wohl eine Anspielung auf das Geräusch sein, daß die alten Projektoren machen...

greets

the_tenant

Glod

"Er wird mir eine Kugel verpassen und dann Selbstmord begehen." -Nina Meyers-

"Wir passen schon auf, dass er keinen Selbstmord begeht." -Jack Bauer-

StS

Schwimmt das Projekt tot im Wasser? Die Gerüchte mehren sich auf jeden Fall...

ZitatOne of regular (and most reliable) scoopers dropped us a line this afternoon with some depressing news. According to our source Robert Rodriquez's "Project Terror" was officially shut down for good as of yesterday- the crew was let go and everything. It may gear up again next year, but who knows. Until then, there's no word on the fate of Tarantino's "Death Proof", which is scheduled to shoot in LA this summer. WeinsteinCo.'s Grind House double feature was scheduled to hit theaters December 1st, but it looks like we may be waiting until next year- but who knows maybe they'll pull a "Kill Bill" and 'Project Terror' will end up being a Volume 2 so to speak. Watch for an official statement in the coming weeks for official word. Rodriguez's part, "Project Terror," will be a zombie pic, while Tarantino's section, "Death Proof," will a slasher seg. (Bloody Disgusting)

Newendyke

Hab nur mitbekommen, dass Rodriguez's Ehe im Eimer ist... vielleicht zieht das auch nicht so ohne Spuren an ihm vorbei...

"Ich will jetzt nichts mehr hören, von wegen keinen Job, kein Auto, keine Freundin, keine Zukunft und keinen Schwanz." (der Meister - Gran Torino)

StillerMux

Hier steht, dass die Dreharbeiten inzwischen fortgesetzt werden und Salma Hayek schuld an der Pause sein soll.

http://www.q-tarantino.de/index.php?id=9&category=112&news_id=43&PHPSESSID=0b14574ee5185bc689070da8876b7168

Außerdem soll was vom Drehbuch "Death Proof" durchgesickert sein. Ich weigere mich es aber zu lesen - aus Bedenken vor Spoilern, da ich mir den Film doch genüßlich im Kino reinziehen möchte. Hier aber der Link: http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22846

SplatMat

Die Meldung ist schon vom 12.04. Die auf bloody disgusting vom 13.04. Hoffe mal, dass sich BG irrt.
Für ein freies Tibet

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020