OFDb

the Woods (von Lucky McGee, mit A.Bruckner, P.Clarkson, B.Campbell)

Begonnen von StS, 21 Februar 2006, 22:46:19

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Schon in 2003 gedreht worden, wartet der Film bis heute noch immer auf eine Veröffentlichung. Da aber in den letzten Wochen der Trailer erschien (auch auf einigen US-DVDs), besteht natürlich Grund zur Hoffnung...   :icon_biggrin:

http://www.thewoodsmovie.net/

Trailer:
http://www.twitchfilm.net/woods.avi [Download]

DIRECTOR: Lucky McKee
WRITER: David Ross
STARRING: Patricia Clarkson, Agnes Bruckner, Bruce Campbell, Lauren Birkell, Jane Gilchrist, Emma Campbell, Gordon Currie, Rachel Nichols
STUDIO: Sony Screen Gems

The Woods is a psychological horror story that begins when a neglected teenager named Heather (Agnes Bruckner) is dropped off by her parents at a remote all-girls boarding school deep in the forest. Watched over by sinister headmistress Ms. Traverse (Patricia Clarkson) and her staff, Heather is tormented by her classmates and is desperate to go home. But when students start disappearing and she begins to have horrifying visions, Heather realizes things at the school are not what they seem. She only knows there's something out there in the woods - and it won't be letting her leave any time soon.

ZitatSo, Lucky McKee's The Woods is now officially caught in studio hell, lost in a sea of studio bankruptcies and mergers, now a property of Sony. You'd think being part of the Sony empire would make life simple for McKee's films, but apparently no ... word is that none of Sony's many imprints and distribution arms want to release McKee's film. I'm baffled. Simply baffled. The cast is great, the buzz for the film has been huge, and having finally seen the trailer I have to say that the film looks fantastic. I'd drop coin to see this in a theater in a heartbeat.
(http://www.twitchfilm.net/)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Nibi

Fragt sich nur warum so lange auf die Veröffentlichung gewartet wurde.   :icon_eek:
-It's blood
-Son of a bitch

StS

Zitat von: Nibi am 21 Februar 2006, 23:20:57
Fragt sich nur warum so lange auf die Veröffentlichung gewartet wurde. :icon_eek:

Irgendwie ist er bei der Übernahme von "UA" durch "Sony" wohl durchs Gitter gefallen...  :icon_confused:

Zitatlost in a sea of studio bankruptcies and mergers, now a property of Sony
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Nibi

Oh das hatte ich ganz übersehen. Na gut, also keine mangelnde Qualität. Der trailer sieht ganz nett aus.
-It's blood
-Son of a bitch

StS

StS

Yes!!!  Zwar wieder ein Film weniger, den ich auf dem FFF schauen werde - aber die Freude überwiegt:  :D :D :D

'The Woods' Finally Coming to DVD... in Germany
Good news? I think so! I received quite a few e-mails this weekend pointing to a foreign website, which has Lucky McKee's The Woods DVD listed for an August 31st release... in Germany. Along with the news they also have the cover art, which can be found inside. So why is this good news you ask? Well it's pretty obvious horror fans are going to hunt the DVD down like a witch hunt (I know I am), so Sony may be forced to release the DVD here in the States around the same time. Until then, keep those fingers crossed -- either way you know we'll all find a way to finally see it! Lucky (May) McKee's film stars Agnes Bruckner, Bruce Campbell, Emma Campbell, Gordon Currie, Jane Gilchrist, Lauren Birkell, Patricia Clarkson and Rachel Nichols...  (Bloody Disgusting)

Liquid Love

Hier die Release Infos von Sony

Die Falburn Academy ist ein renommiertes, tief in den Wäldern gelegenes Mädcheninternat. Die neue Schülerin Heather Fasulo ist nicht wie die anderen - sie hört Stimmen. Von ihren Eltern in der bedrohlichen Obhut der Direktorin Miss Traverse und ihres unheimlichen Kollegiums zurückgelassen, erkennt Heather bald, dass in Falburn nichts so ist, wie es den Anschein hat. Als dann auch noch ihre Mitschülerinnen auf geheimnisvolle Weise im Wald verschwinden, entdeckt Heather ein schreckliches Geheimnis - und bekommt Unterricht im nackten Entsetzen. Denn die wichtigste Lektion, die die Schülerinnen in Falburn lernen, lautet: Aus dem Wald gibt es kein Entkommen!

Kurzbewertung:
Die Wälder erwachen zum Leben in dieser beängstigenden Psycho-Horrorstory über ein junges Mädchen mit ganz besonderen Fähigkeiten.

Originaltitel: The Woods
Land/Jahr: USA 2005
Genre: Horror
Laufzeit: ca. 87 Minuten 
erhältlich: ab 28.09.2006 
Bildformat: 16:9 Widescreen (2.35:1)
Tonformat: Dolby Digital 5.1 (Deutsch, Englisch, Französisch, Spanisch)
Dolby Surround (Italienisch)
Untertitel: Arabisch, Deutsch, Englisch, Englisch für Hörgeschädigte, Französisch, Hindi, Holländisch, Italienisch, Portugiesisch, Spanisch, Türkisch 
FSK: ab 16 Jahren 
Specials:
Trailer

McHolsten

Review bei fangoria.com
(http://www.fangoria.com/ghastly_review.php?id=2217)

Auszüge:
-Maybe they should just call THE WOODS a remake of SUSPIRIA; that might encourage a studio to actually put the movie into wide release,
-Director Lucky McKee has acknowledged Argento as an influence on THE WOODS, but there are moments where he and cinematographer John R. Leonetti seem to be taking their cues more from the work of DP Sergio Salvati for fellow Italian shock-maestro Lucio Fulci.
-McKee does interesting things with color as well
etc.

Hört sich alles gut an, bin schon sehr gespannt!  :respekt:
Gore on!

uboot

Habe den Film gerade mal auf Premiere gesehen. Irgendwie ein komischer Film, mit einer noch merkwürdigeren "Auflösung" - wenn man das Ende überhaupt so nennen darf. Vielleicht kann mir ja ein Schlauer mal das Ende erklären...

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020