OFDb

Richard Stanley´s "Sea Of Perdition" (Kurzfilm)

Begonnen von StS, 24 Februar 2007, 11:19:40

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Kurzfilm von Richard Stanley ("Hardware","Dust Devil")...
Könnte für einige von Euch interessant sein...  ;)

Cast: Maggie Moor (Sly Delta Honey)

Crew: Richard Stanley (director, screenwriter), Maggie Moor (screenwriter), Nikolai Galitzine (producer), Immo Horn (cinematographer), Nikolai Galitzine, Maria Armengou (editors), Johann Johansson (composer)

Set in the planet Mars, The Sea of Perdition tells the story of a stranded astronaut (Maggie Moor), who discovers an ancient temple in the wilderness and whatever secrets it may hold.

The Sea of Perdition was shot in Iceland in mid-2006, as a part of Errant Films' IBM Film project, which consisted of five separate short films, all based upon the composition "The Sky's gone dim and the Sun's gone black" by the Icelandic composer Johann Johansson. The featured music is from the fifth part of his album, IBM 1401 - A User's Manual.

Stanley himself has given rather down-to-earth reasons for making his segment, which, since then, has grown into an independent work, and was premiered in the 2006 Sitges Fantasy Film Festival in Spain. Since then, the film has been made available in the web as a streaming media.

"It's been shot largely just as a convincing argument to anyone who thinks that we can't do certain things on a budget. We thought if we did some big, epochal, Martian temple, another planet, whatever, then people would trust us when it came down to something smaller scale."

[Taken from Suicide Girls interview.]

Kurzfilm:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1957859494

...vollständig (etwas über 8 Min.), aber in sich halt nicht abgeschlossen, da Teil eines Projekts.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Nibi

:LOL: :LOL:
Irgendwas zwischen Mission to Mars, Trainspotting und  Die Unglaubliche Reise in einem verrückten Raumschiff.

Wirst du die weiteren Folgen auch hier posten? Ich hoffe doch :respekt:
Das war ein guter Start in den Tag, Danke.  :icon_mrgreen:
-It's blood
-Son of a bitch

StS

Zitat von: Nibi am 24 Februar 2007, 11:30:15
Wirst du die weiteren Folgen auch hier posten? Ich hoffe doch :respekt:

Wenn sie mir über den Weg laufen - klar. Den Link zu diesem Kurzfilm hat mir ein Kumpel geschickt, da letztens mal wieder das Thema
"Was wurde eigentlich aus Richard Stanley und wann kommt endlich ne tolle "Hardware"-DVD raus?" aufkam... ;)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

27 März 2007, 19:35:24 #3 Letzte Bearbeitung: 27 März 2007, 19:49:50 von StS
Nicht direkt aus der Reihe, aber ein anderer Kurzfilm von Stanley:  ;)
http://www.maggiemoor.com/mv_blacktulips.html

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020