OFDb

the Alphabet Killer ("True Crime" mit E.Dushku, C.Elwes, T.Hutton & M.Ironside)

Begonnen von StS, 26 Januar 2007, 08:22:04

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Rob Schmidt ("Wrong Turn") führt Regie.

The film is based on a real, unsolved serial killer who murdered children in Rochester, NY. The delicious Eliza Dushku stars as a police detective who lets herself get way too close to the case and ends up losing both her job and her sanity, all the while trying to find the elusive killer. Joining her are Cary Elwes, Michael Ironside, Timothy Hutton and Bill Moseley, just to name a few.

Website mit dem 1.Teaser (hat aber Trailer-Länge):
http://www.alphabetkiller.com/
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

Dank des Films wurden die Ermittlungen mit moderner Technologie neu aufgewärmt - und prompt hat man einen Verdächtigen herausstellen können...

Zitat
Amazing news this morning as we've just discovered that Rob Schmidt's feature film, The Alphabet Killer, has inspired police in Rochester, NY to check out old evidence - from the real case - with new technology. The result? Three decades later a new suspect, James Pressler, has been charged with the 1976 murder of 7-year-old Michelle McMurray, who was raped and strangled in Rochester after her mom left her home alone at 2 a.m. to go buy a pack of smokes. Read on for this incredible story:

From NY Daily News:

Cigarettes helped get a little girl killed 31 years ago.

Now cigarettes - or one saliva-flecked butt, at any rate - may have nabbed her murderer, who may be the notorious "Alphabet Killer."

A Florida man was arrested Tuesday and charged with the 1976 murder of 7-year-old Michelle McMurray, who was raped and strangled in Rochester after her mom left her home alone at 2 a.m. to go buy a pack of smokes.

Three decades later, James Pressler, 64, was allegedly tied to the cold case by a cigarette butt he casually flicked into the gutter. He had no idea cops were waiting to pick it up to compare his DNA to evidence left on Michelle's body.

In 1976, Pressler was the caretaker in Michelle's building and cops considered him "a person of interest." But they could never tie him to the crime.

"Basically the technology just didn't exist," said Monroe County (N.Y.) District Attorney Michael Green.

It does now.

Rochester Police Investigator Joseph Dominick, whose father investigated Michelle's murder in the 1970s, reopened the case in 2001.

In recent weeks, he enlisted the Monroe County (Fla.) Sheriff's Department to tail Pressler and look for any chance to get his DNA.

The cigarette butt was enough, cops said.

Michelle's murder was the fourth and last of the "Alphabet murders" of little girls in Rochester whose first and last names started with the same letter.

All four were raped and strangled, and all but Michelle were dumped in towns whose names also started with the same letter.

Michelle was found next to her Rochester apartment building.

Back in the 1970s, cops said the first three slayings were connected but they had nothing solid to link Michelle to the others.

Yesterday, they said they will look for any connection Pressler might have to the unsolved killings. But "there's no information right now that ties him directly to any other crime," Green said.

Pressler has lived in Florida for more than 20 years, most recently on Big Pine Key.

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

RoboLuster

Hört sich gut an. Eliza Dushku wieder unter dem Regisseur von Wrong Turn + Michael Ironside. Der Trailer sieht auch gut aus. Wobei ich mit dem
Hot Shots Darsteller immer noch nichts anfangen kann, finde den einfach schlecht.
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

Pinhead_X

Bin auch sehr gespannt!! Der Trailer spricht mich ebenfalls an und ich mag solche kalten Crime Thriller mit einem Hauch übersinnlichen.
Kommt der ins Kino oder DTV??
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

StS

Lief in den USA "limited", gibbet inzwischen dort auf DVD.
Meine ist leider noch per Post unterwegs - freue mich riesig auf den Film!  :D

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020