OFDb

Faces of Death ("Remake" von JT Petty)

Begonnen von StS, 10 Februar 2007, 11:51:10

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Ja, ich weiß, es gibt wohl einen alten Thread hierzu irgendwo, aber nach etlichen Minuten "Spaß" mit der Suchmaschine kam natürlich (wie so oft in letzter Zeit) nichts dabei heraus ... also bitte ggf zusammenfügen. Danke.  ;)

ZitatRogue Pictures is bringing back "Faces of Death," a faux-documentary from the 1970s that purported to show actual deaths of humans and animals, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

J.T. Petty is in negotiations to write and direct the remake, which will be produced by Rick Benattar, Susan Montford and Don Murphy of Angry Films.

When the original movie was released in 1978, it showed explicit death scenes and was banned, at least temporarily, in several countries. While the snuff film entered the domain of urban legend, it later was revealed that the human component and some of the animal scenes were faked, and the move became one of the decade's great hoaxes. The movie, which featured a narrator named Dr. Francis B. Gross, went on to become a cult film and spawned five sequels.

The remake would not be a documentary or a faux-documentary but rather a straightforward feature. It would be low-budget horror and a possible franchise, in the tradition of "Saw."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

ZitatI think we were all a little thrown off when it was announced that J.T. Petty would be writing and directing the remake of the brutal '70s faux-doc Faces of Death, so we checked in with him to see if we could get more info on an actual plot, Petty tells B-D exclusively, "It's a bit early to talk too much about what the movie's gonna be, but yeah it'll have a story. I think I've got an angle on it that'll make it really frightening and disorienting, not just gory. But everybody at Rogue and Angry seems committed to making a strange, hard movie. Very exciting." Bring it on man, we're anxious to see what you can deliver!  (Bloody Disgusting)

Teaser:
http://www.d13network.com/videosp/fod2.html

ZitatAICN discovered something amazing this morning, something extremely disturbing, something you should only watch if you proceed with caution - click here to watch a mock-up trailer for J.T. Petty's Faces of Death, which is aiming for release sometime in 2007. The trailer will give you a much better idea of what they're going to do with the remake of the series, which shocked millions. When the original movie was released in 1978, it showed explicit death scenes and was banned, at least temporarily, in several countries. While the snuff film entered the domain of urban legend, it later was revealed that the human component and some of the animal scenes were faked, and the move became one of the decade's great hoaxes. The movie, which featured a narrator named Dr. Francis B. Gross, went on to become a cult film and spawned five sequels.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Elric

Hmm, wird das nur eine Neuaufführung des Originals ?
Die Szenen aus dem Teaser sind alle aus dem 1978er Original.
What do you think, brother ?
Too much blood, or not enough ?

John Jaspers
Faust

MY PRECIOUSSS

Klugscheisser

"The remake would not be a documentary or a faux-documentary but rather a straightforward feature. It would be low-budget horror and a possible franchise, in the tradition of 'Saw'."

Ja, wie?! Dann hat das außer dem Namen nichts mit dieser Sterbeclip-Sammlung zu tun?
Klingt irgendwie alles ein bisschen komisch und wirkt gerade so, als wolle man mit einem Namen Geld machen.
Wenn ich mir den "Saw 3"-Thread so angucke, scheint es den Film ja schon zu geben: Eine Aneinanderreihung mehr oder minder brutaler Morde, die wohl durch eine "Story" miteinander zusammenhängen...  ;)

Grusler

Da bin ich ja mal gespannt. Für meinen Teil fand ich den Vierten höchst amüsant, die Anderen eher etwas langweilig. Im Remake scheint der Doktor ja eine größere Rolle zu spielen, das kann nur lustig werden. :icon_mrgreen: Und "His dreams became real" und "Will your Face be next?" klingt für mich nach einem Slasher in dem der Doktor der Bösewicht ist. Also DAS gebe ich mir dann schon mal, denn die Gesichter des Todes-Doktoren fand ich schon immer höchst unterhaltsam... :king:
ROCK 'N' ROLL WIRD NIEMALS STERBEN, IHR SCHEISSER!
 -Rollie LeBay

Ko(s)misches Sein.

Klugscheisser

Zitat von: Grusler am 10 Februar 2007, 21:40:01
Und "His dreams became real" und "Will your Face be next?" klingt für mich nach einem Slasher in dem der Doktor der Bösewicht ist. Also DAS gebe ich mir dann schon mal, denn die Gesichter des Todes-Doktoren fand ich schon immer höchst unterhaltsam... :king:

Hehe, so hab' ich das noch gar nicht gesehen.
Da stimme ich dir mal zu und bin gespannt, was und wann es etwas Neues gibt!

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020