OFDb

Goyer sitzt am SCANNERS-Remake

Begonnen von brachialromanti, 15 Mai 2007, 09:12:42

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

brachialromanti

15 Mai 2007, 09:12:42 Letzte Bearbeitung: 15 Mai 2007, 09:16:32 von brachialromanti
In der Hoffnung, nicht bereits anderswo gepostetes zu wiederholen, hier der neueste Beitrag zur Remake-Welle:

ZitatDavid Goyer on Scanners Remake
Source: Edward DouglasApril 20, 2007

Likely to be forever dubbed the "man of many projects", David Goyer has ably jumped from screenwriter to producer to director, his latest project in the latter role being the thriller The Invisible, about a teen who discovers that no one can see him then has to discover why that is.

Having finished that up, Goyer has put his screenwriting cap back on to adapt and update David Cronenberg's classic 1981 horror film Scanners for The Weinstein Company, and when ComingSoon.net/ShockTillYouDrop.com spoke to the multi-hyphenated filmmaker, he let us know how that was going and what his take will be.

"That's going really well, it's been a lot of fun," he told us. "I'm not producing it, just writing it. That's the thing, if it's the right project, I'll certainly write for people again. They came to me and I love that movie so much, and I'm such a Cronenberg fan. It seemed possibly rife for remake only because it's been so long since the original had come out"

Cronenberg himself directed a remake of a classic horror film when he made The Fly in 1986, but he has been vocally adverse about people remaking his movies. "I haven't talked to him," Goyer admitted. "I hope to when I finish the script, but if it were me, and someone were remaking one of my films, I wouldn't want to be involved. It would be too weird. I would just go say, 'Go with God and hopefully it will be good.' I've heard that way back when he'd prefer that they not remake his movies, but he remade 'The Fly.' I liked the original 'Fly' and I liked his movie, so I think that as long as they're not just slavish duplicates of one another or if you can take the spirit of the original and do something different. That's what I'm hoping to do here. I'm hoping to analyze what it was that Cronenberg did in the first 'Scanners' film. His films are always very political in their own ways, very subversive. So I'll analyze what he was doing at the time—there's a lot of subtext in his movies—and then say, 'What's going on now?' and apply the same rules. Necessarily, you're gonna get a slightly different film, because that film was made as we were moving into the Reagan area and we're living in a very different world now. That's going to reflect a different kind of movie."

Although most people would hope that by the time this remake comes out, things might be different in our country, Goyer's not so optimistic. "No, no, we're still going to be in a post-9/11 Iraq quagmire world. That's the world I'm drawing from right now and I'm sure we'll be stuck in that world for another decade."

Since exploding heads aren't nearly as impressive or shocking as they were 25 years ago, he added that they'll definitely have to "top themselves."

...wie sie das wohl anstellen wollen, explodierende Köpfe zu toppen?  :00000109:
Zitat von: Mr. Vincent Vega
Natürlich liebe ich GTA - immerhin kann ich dort Frauen erschiessen!!

Hana-Bi

15 Mai 2007, 09:23:34 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 15 Mai 2007, 09:25:39 von Hana-Bi
Blade 3 verzeihe ich Goyer nicht. Dort hat er nämlich bewiesen das er zumindestens als Regisseur nichts taugt. Jetzt ist Hollywood bald mit allen asiatischen Filmen durch so müssen sie nun ihre eigenen Filme Remaken. Und wer weiß vielleicht wirds ja irgendwann auch ein Remake von The Departed geben :icon_rolleyes:. Wenn von Scanners nun ein Remake gedreht wird ist das aber zumindestens eine gute Möglichkeit mir endlich mal Cronenbergs Original anzuschauen.

frankzito

Zitat von: brachialromanti am 15 Mai 2007, 09:12:42
...wie sie das wohl anstellen wollen, explodierende Köpfe zu toppen?  :00000109:

mit CGI, wie es sonst alle herzlosen und gelangweilten regisseure heutzutage machen...

nickpicker

Mal im Ernst, obwohl "Scanners" ne nette Atmo hat und eine gute Idee, war die Umsetzung doch auch nicht die ganze Zeit über wirklich gelungen (m.E. einer der schwächeren Filme Cronenbergs). Ein Remake hat hier ordentliche Chancen, dem ganzen was hinzuzufügen. Vor allem, weil der zu Unrecht gescholtene "Unsichtbar" (Goyers neuester), der grad bei uns gestartet ist, mir zumindest recht gut gefallen hat. Vor allem hat der Gute es drauf, eben NICHT nur auf Bombast zu setzen ("Blade 3" vergessen wir bitte GANZ schnell wieder :icon_lol:, ich spreche hier von "Unsichtbar"), sondern auch mal die leisen Töne anklingen zu lassen (so wie eben Cronenberg). Freu mich schon! :respekt:

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020