OFDb

Dark City - UK-DVD

Begonnen von Hedning, 24 Mai 2007, 20:32:10

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Hedning

Hallo,

kann mir jemand sagen, ob die britische DVD ein besseres Bild als die deutsche Ausgabe hat (so dass sich eine zusätzliche Anschaffung lohnen würde)?

Viele Grüße

StS

9 April 2008, 08:54:16 #1 Letzte Bearbeitung: 9 April 2008, 08:55:51 von StS
Nicht ganz optimal, der Thread - aber egal: Hier ne großartige Neuigkeit!  :D

ZitatIt was rumored a few months back that one of my favorite films of all time, DARK CITY, would be getting re-released with brand new special FX work added. No other details were revealed and it has been silent since then - until now. The other day I chatted with writer David Goyer, who is off in Chicago directing THE UNBORN for Rogue Pictures, who revealed a few more details on the project that any hardcore fan will appreciate. Read on for the skinny.

While on the set of his upcoming film UNBORN, writer-director David Goyer updated us on the re-release of DARK CITY, which he wrote for Alex Proyas to direct. "It's coming out fairly soon [and will] probably have limited theatrical, but Im not sure," he explains, "I have seen almost all of it and I took part in an over hour long making-of."

In addition to the special features, Goyer reveals that there's more to the re-release than just special FX upgrades. "[They re-did] the score and the cuts a little longer," he reveals, "all of the parties involved did fairly lenghtly interviews with us, they'll be incluced on there."

He's also quite sure that there will be a Blu-ray release. Join me in a lengthy scream of happiness. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Released in 1998, Alex Proyas, (The Crow) directs this futuristic thriller about a man waking up to find he is wanted for brutal murders he doesn't remember. Haunted by mysterious beings who stop time and alter reality, he seeks to unravel the riddle of his identity. William Hurt, Kiefer Sutherland and Jennifer Connelley all star, even Melissa George makes a cameo!

(Bloody Disgusting)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Pinhead_X

Yeah!! Freue mir gerade ein 3. Ei. Das wird geil!!! Der Film landet regelmäßig in meinem Player. Allein wegen Sutherland...
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

Ulrik fC

Woa, das sind ja mal überraschende und super Nachrichten !! Kanns kaum abwarten. Danke für die Info.

Hedning

Ich hätte dann gern ein neues Ende, wenn's recht ist...

StS

Zitat'Dark City: Director's Cut' DVD/Blu-ray This JULY!!!
The boys over at Twitch Film caught some SICK news this morning via Home Media Magazine. The magazine announces an official July 29th release for both the DVD and Blu-ray releases of DARK CITY: DIRECTOR'S CUT, which features new extras, new footage, new score and new special FX! Directed by Alex Proyas and released in theaters back in 1998, the film follows a man who struggles with memories of his past, including a wife he cannot remember, in a nightmarish world with no sun and run by beings with telekinetic powers who seek the souls of humans.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Eric

Tach,
ich hoffe dass es diese Version auch zu uns schafft!

Aber alleine das Coverartwork, .., huuuiiii hübsch hübsch

Zitat von SB.com:
Über die Veränderungen sind noch keine genauen Details bekannt. Was bekannt ist, ist dass die neue Version von Dark City neben zusätzlichen Szenen, auch komplett überarbeitete Special Effects und einen veränderten Score haben wird.

MFG

ERIC
Liebe Ursula,
wünsch dir frohe Ostern, nen tollen Namenstag und nen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 1978!
Grüsse aus der Alzheimergruppe, deine Tante Günther!

Ich hasse Menschen, Tiere + Pflanzen. Steine sind ok.

CityHai3000

Sehr interessante, wenn auch überraschende Neuigkeiten.
Daß ein 10 Jahre alter Film - der zwar sehenswert ist, aber wie ich glaubte nie ein großes Massenpublikum fand - jetzt einfach so überarbeitet rauskommt, wundert mich halt...

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020