OFDb

the Eye (Remake von D.Moreau & X. Palud)

Begonnen von StS, 12 Oktober 2007, 23:07:04

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

12 Oktober 2007, 23:07:04 Letzte Bearbeitung: 12 Oktober 2007, 23:08:58 von StS
Director: David Moreau, Xavier Palud
Screenwriter: Sebastian Gutierrez, Jo Jo Yuet-chun Hui
Starring: Jessica Alba, Parker Posey, Alessandro Nivola, Tamlyn Tomita, Chloe Moretz
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Sydney Wells (Jessica Alba) is an accomplished, independent, Los Angeles-based concert violinist. She is also blind, and has been so since a childhood tragedy. As our story opens, Sydney undergoes a double corneal transplant, a surgery she has waited her whole life to have, and her sight is restored. After the surgery, neural ophthalmologist Dr. Paul Faulkner (Alessandro Nivola) helps Sydney with the difficult adjustment, and with the support of her older sister Helen (Parker Posey), Sydney learns to see again.

But Sydney's happiness is short-lived as unexplainable shadowy and frightening images start to haunt her. Are they a passing aftermath of her surgery, Sydney's mind adjusting to sight, a product of her imagination, or something horrifyingly real? As Sydney's family and friends begin to doubt her sanity, Sydney is soon convinced that her anonymous eye donor has somehow opened the door to a terrifying world only she can now see.

"The Eye" is a bone-chilling supernatural thriller that tests the boundaries of perception and reality. Directed by David Moreau and Xavier Palud, the team who directed the suspenseful international hit "Them," "The Eye" stars Jessica Alba, Alessandro Nivola and Parker Posey. Produced by Tom Cruise and Paula Wagner with Mike Elliott, Don Granger and Michelle Manning serving as executive producers.

Trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809824029/video/4503020

...okay, über den Sinn dieses Remakes sowie dass die Hauptrolle fehlbesetzt wurde, darüber brauchen wir uns ja gar nicht erst zu streiten ... ABER: Da ist ne Menge Talent hinter der Kamera im Spiel - vor allem freu ich mich darauf, endlich zu sehen, was die beiden Regisseure nach "Ils" so gestemmt haben ... ABER: Das Studio hat aktuell nachdrehs angesetzt, die Patrick Lussier leiten wird...  :icon_confused:
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Mr. Krabbelfisch

Ehrlich gesagt ist Jessica Alba der einzige Grund warum ich in den Film eventuell reingucken würde. ^^
"Our games are not designed for young people. If you're a parent and buy one of our games for your child you're a terrible parent.
We design games for adults because we're adults." - Lazlow Jones (Developer Red Dead Redemption)

Graf Zahl

13 Oktober 2007, 02:32:39 #2 Letzte Bearbeitung: 13 Oktober 2007, 02:43:03 von SplatMat
Durch die gute Musikuntermalung kommt das Ganze (also getz in den Träler, ne?) wahrscheinlich kraftvoller und dynamischer rum, als es das Endprodukt sein wird. Another senseless Remake, besetzt mit einer Barbie.

Zitat von: Graf Zahl zum Pulse Remake
"We are proud to present the next ideenlose Kinoproduction - because we have no eigene Ideen mehr, and the Schlitzaugens over there are so much mehr innovative! So we kaufen viele of their funny ching-chang-chong-Films and verwursten them so gern!"

Edit: Aber latürnich lass ich mich nach wie vor gerne positiv überraschen.

Ich (SplatMat) hab es mal zusammengeschoben... es gibt doch diesen schönen "ändern"-Button ;)

Phil

ich fand das Original unglaublich langatmig und dröge, von daher bin ich sehr gespannt auf das Remake.
Danke für die Infos :D

PS: Alba reicht mir als Grund, dem Film ne Chance zu geben
traue nie SB, denn es tut Dir weh :(
became MINGed!

ZitatCloverfield refers to the field formerly known as Central Park. Clovers are usually prone to grow at places after bombing. Thus the term "Clover" and "field" referring to park.

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

StS

Pinhead_X

Hm naja wenn die den Film einigermaßen so hinbekommen wie die beiden Originale, dann geht das schon klar. Bin ein großer Fan von Eye 1 und Eye 2. Ich denke aber Alba ist die falsche Wahl gewesen. Kann sie mir irgentwie nicht in einem Horrofilm vorstellen. Asia Argento hätte ne gute Vorstelung abgegeben oder Rose McGowan. Na mal abwarten.
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

StS

10 Februar 2008, 17:15:15 #7 Letzte Bearbeitung: 10 Februar 2008, 17:30:29 von StS
So, hab mir den Streifen letzte Woche in NY angesehen - würde eine Wertung von 6/10 vergeben. Das Original mag ich, die Alba nicht - umso überraschter war ich, dass letztere sich hier sehr wacker schlägt und das Remake nur etwas schlechter als der Vorgänger der Pangs ist. Das liegt (u.a.) daran, dass die Regisseure die Angelegenheit (wie bei "Ils") wirklich gut im Griff haben und das Skript mehr als einmal den Hut vorm Original zieht. Kurzum: Eine einigermaßen nette (PG13-) Neuversion, welche sich in erster Linie an diejenigen richtet, welche "Jian Gui" nicht kennen. Schade fand ich allerdings, dass Parker Posey (mal wieder) verschenkt wurde...

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020