OFDb

Scar (HD-3D-Horror mit Angela Bettis)

Begonnen von StS, 15 Oktober 2007, 18:05:35

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Jed Weintrob
Writer: Zack Ford
Starring: Angela Bettis, Kirby Bliss, ...

Zack Ford's script follows Bettis' character Joan Burrows who returns home for her niece Olympia's high school graduation only to be confronted with her nightmarish past: at the age of 16, Joan and her best friend were kidnapped and extensively tortured by a serial killer named Ernie Parish. Joan managed to escape and kill her captor, but it appears as though he has somehow come back from the dead, intent on continuing his macabre and deeply disturbing proclivities.

Trailer:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=1287

ZitatLast night I was one of the very lucky people who caught an early test screening of Jed Weintrob's SCAR, which stars Angela Bettis, Kirby Bliss Blanton, Christopher Titus, Devon Graye and Brandon Jay McLaren. Why was I so lucky? Not because I got to see a movie early, but I had the opportunity to see the future of film unfold right before my eyes (and before anyone else) - now that's exciting!

SCAR is the first ever live-action HD 3-D movie and our beloved horror genre had this amazing opportunity to feel the effects first. Horror was the perfect choice to test this new technology, which has been used on MEET THE ROBINSONS and other animated features.

Although I won't review the film (because it's not completed) I will say that the experience was better than expected. The idea of real life 3-D has a stigma to it - the thought of those classic red and blue glasses, and the idea that it's only a gimmick and not something that can enhance the films quality - are both misconceptions. SCAR is proof. Red's seem to "pop out" more than other colors, so the fact that the first ever live action HD 3-D film is SCAR is perfect (all that blooooood!).

SCAR is a thriller/drama mixed with a torture film - when the torture sequences hit the big screen, you're going to be in for a great time. Some of the sh-t shown was disgusting and brutal... like a girl getting her tongue cut out and thrown on the floor! I found myself cringing on numerous occasions - but my case was NOTHING. When the movie ended a man at one of the top rows was out cold and paramedics were actually called (we witnessed it). Also, one viewer ran out of the theater and threw up all over a garbage can. Is this what you're looking for in your horror? Do you want the experience to be more real than ever before? Do you need the extra edge? If you've been desensitized, this could be the film that breaks you once again. Remember SCAR, everyone will be scarred by it come 2008.

Source: Bloody-Disgusting
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

McHolsten

Lt. der "Deadline" soll das ne ziemliche Grenzerfahrung sein; wenn auch eine ziemlich fragwürdige...  :icon_rolleyes:
Gore on!

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Dr. STRG+C+V n0NAMe

Ich erlaube mir mal nach der Beschreibung einen Tipp ins Blaue hinein, was das Ende angeht. Der Typ ist tot und es ist Joan, die die bösen Sachen macht?

Ansonsten hört sich das für mich nach nicht besonders spannend an, eher so in Richtung Flashback meets Hostel. Ist denn schon bekannt, wann der hier im Kino bzw. in den USA auf DVD erscheinen soll?

Gruß

n0NAMe
Aktueller Rang: Sergeant of the Master Sergeants Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants to the Max
---
Carpenter Brut - Le Perv
---
Carpenter Brut - Obituary
---
Pertubator - Miami Disco

StS

US-Kinostart ist im Feb.2008 - mehr weiß ich leider auch nicht.

McHolsten

Ein paar Zitate:

"...In Scar3D werden Menschen nicht getötet , sondern zerlegt..."
"...im Kino, Reihe 3, war spätestens bei der Szene, als mit einer Feile mittels eines Hammers auf die Vorderzähne eingedroschen wurde, der Spaßofen aus..."
"...die Brutalität wird hier physisch spürbar, die panischen Schreie der Streckbank-Kandidaten lassen tatsächlich zusammenzucken..."

Na Prost Mahlzeit!  :doof:
Gore on!

StS

Ein Film, von dem ich sehr hoffe, dass er aufm FFF läuft!  :D
Hier einige neue Pics:
http://www.scarthemovie.com/scar_stills.html

Hedning

Angela Bettis reicht mir definitiv, um den Film anzusehen. Nicht nur auf den Horrorbereich bezogen eine der faszinierendsten Schauspielerinnen der Gegenwart.

McKenzie

1 Juli 2008, 20:17:28 #8 Letzte Bearbeitung: 1 Juli 2008, 20:22:14 von McKenzie
Zitat von: Hedning am  1 Juli 2008, 20:00:27
Angela Bettis reicht mir definitiv, um den Film anzusehen. Nicht nur auf den Horrorbereich bezogen eine der faszinierendsten Schauspielerinnen der Gegenwart.

Das ist zwar korrekt ("May"...  :love: - So langsam könnte sie aber mal wieder nach ernsthafteren Rollen Ausschau halten), die oben von McHolsten gepostete Beschreibung klingt aber nach einem Film, den ich höchstens als Fußabtreter verwenden würde. Ich habe von dem ganzen Zeug genug, sollen die Gorehounds doch dran ersticken.  :icon_twisted:
ZitatPunctuality is the thief of time
- Oscar Wilde
ZitatOne problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues.
- Elizabeth Taylor

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020