OFDb

Repo! The Genetic Opera (von Twisted Pictures)

Begonnen von StS, 24 Oktober 2007, 07:49:50

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Darren Lynn Bousman
Screenwriter: Terrence Zdunich, Darren Smith
Starring: Sarah Brightman, Anthony Head, Paris Hilton, Bill Moseley, Paul Sorvino, Alexa Vega, Kevin Ogilvie
Genre: Musical, Thriller

Set in the not-so-distant future, the production tells the story of an epidemic of organ failures that devastates the planet, killing tens of millions. As scientists feverishly make plans for a massive organ harvest program, a multi-billion dollar biotech company called GeneCo begins to manufacture salvation -- for a price -- offering simple payment plans to those lacking the necessary funds to purchase new body parts outright. But all financed organs are subject to default procedures, including repossession at the hand of the notorious organ repo men.

Teaser:
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/bdtv/Player.php?id=1330
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

lastboyscout

Das sieht ja mal abgefahren aus.
Immer nur her damit, das sieht nach nem ziemlich abgedrehten Streifen aus.
Und die Musik / Gesang fand ich sehr gut.  :respekt:
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

StS

Ich seh das ähnlich. Freu mich auf das Teil - ist zumindest mal wieder schön fernab der gängigen 08/15-Ware...  :D

Gollywomp

Habe gestern bei den 'Scream Awards 2007' den Teaser gesehen und muss sagen, dass ich mich wirklich auf den Film freue. Scheint genau meinen Geschmack zu treffen.  :dodo:
"Niemand verarscht Jesus!"

Hellboy

1 November 2007, 11:43:12 #5 Letzte Bearbeitung: 1 November 2007, 11:51:42 von Hellboy
Habe den Ausschnitt von Scream Awards 2007 gesichtet: wow! Die Oper rockt gewaltig.  :respekt: Welche von denen ist nun Paris Hilton? Diejenige die Moseley die Münzen zuwirft?

Und wer ist die Frau die mit der schwarzen Kapuze gegen Anfang über den Weg läuft? Die sieht sehr nach Sarah Brightman aus, hielt ich erstmal für einen Scherz :icon_mrgreen: :king: Das die Brightman mitspielt steht auch oben bei dem Post von StS.
Wie haben man die nur da zu überredet in einem Splattermusical mitzuspielen ? :respekt:

decypher666

StS

ZitatBousman writes on his blog, "Well, Five weeks since we wrapped, and I am happy to say I have a first cut of the movie! Today was the first day that I actually was able to sit back, and watch the film in its entirety with Harvey... We were slapping HIGH FIVES the entire time... The truth of the matter is - I have no fucking CLUE what the public and movie goer is going to say about this movie... As I have said numerous times - this isn't SAW... Nor is it SWEENY TODD... It's a hybrid of horror, comedy, and good old fashion ROCK and ROLL!!! The entire screening Harvey and I were singing at the TOP of our lungs the entire time - - and that my dear friends is my TRUE dream of the this movie... That I walk into a theatre somewhere and hear the audience singing along to ZYDRATE ANATOMY - or WE STARTED THIS OPERA SHIT...

These last couple of months have been so hard on me, and those around me, because I have been so CONSUMED in this movie... I don't know how Laura, my girlfriend deals with my constant insanity and walking around the house singing NON-STOP! I joke with her, that this movie is as much hers as mine, because she has had to deal with all the shit, and hell of this production! I couldn't have done it without her!

Well, enough rambling - - time is running out - before I have to deliver this bad boy! Hopefully I will be able to leak a song or two in the upcoming month... I can't wait for you all to hear this!"

Moonshade

Allein wegen Anthony Stewart Head muß ich das Teil sehen, der Trailer sieht nach nem schönen Exzess aus...
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

Einige Infos zur Musi...

ZitatFrom Reuters:

Lionsgate, the leading independent filmed entertainment studio and Twisted Pictures announced today that many of the top rock musicians were enlisted to record music for the REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA soundtrack. Principal photography for the film was completed last month in Toronto, Canada. The film was produced by Daniel Heffner, Carl Mazzocone, Mark Burg and Oren Koules.

The film was directed by Darren Bousman, a longtime member of the Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate families, having directed the past three installments of the wildly successful SAW franchise, including the recent smash hit SAW IV. Terrence Zdunich and Darren Smith, co-creators of the original New York and Los Angeles stage production upon which the film is based, wrote the film's screenplay, music and lyrics.

Prior to the shoot, a two-month recording of the film's soundtrack and score took place at Extasy Studios in Los Angeles. Japanese musician and composer Yoshiki Haysahi (better known simply as Yoshiki) from the legendary rock band X-Japan produced the music together with Joe Bishara. Executive Producer Jonathan McHugh, also served as the music supervisor. "This is by far the most ambitious and unique project I've ever worked on," raved McHugh. "The amalgamation of musical genres from pop to heavy metal and rap, to name just a few, really blends together to create one of the most diverse soundtracks in movie history and is destined to modernize the 'rock opera' in a big way."

An all-star assemblage of songs will make up the soundtrack. Among the musicians featured are Richard Patrick (Filter), Steven Perkins (Jane's Addiction), Clown (Slipknot), Ray Luzier (Army of Anyone), Brian Young (David Lee Roth's band), Richard Fortus (Guns & Roses), Sonny Moore (First to Last), David J (Bauhaus/Love & Rockets), Daniel Ash (Love & Rockets), Blasko (Ozzy Osborne), Tommy Clefetus (Rob Zombie's band), Melora Creager (Rasputina). Also lending her voice to the soundtrack is the edgy pop star Poe.

"We've been fans of many of these bands for a long time and it was a dream come true to assemble such an all-star roster of musicians," exclaimed Burg and Koules. "They really hit all the right notes in bringing the bizarre fantasy world of the film to life.

"The production's musically inclined cast (all of the actors performed their own songs) includes: Anthony Head, whom fans will remember from his turn in Buffy the Vampire Slayer including the highly regarded musical episode; Paul Sorvino, a classically trained opera singer in his first movie musical role; Alexa Vega, most recently made her Broadway debut as Penny Pingleton in Hairspray; Paris Hilton, whose debut album Paris was released in 2006 and reached #6 on the Billboard album chart, along with Bill Moseley, who in addition to his well known horror roles in House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects, is also a member of the band Cornbugs with Guns N' Roses guitar player Buckethead. Rounding out the electrifying cast are internationally renowned recording artist Sarah Brightman in her first ever movie role and performance artist Kevin "Ogre" Ogilvie, best known as the frontman for the experimental industrial band Skinny Puppy.

In the year 2056 -- the not so distant future -- an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants ... for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera.

StS

StS

StS

Erste (frühe) Kritiken sind ziemlich positiv ausgefallen:  :D

ZitatMore 'Repo!' Reviews Begin to Hit the Web!
Since Lionsgate won't let us share with you our THREE glowing reviews of Darren Lynn Bousman's Repo! The Genetic Opera until closer to release, we'd like to direct you over to AICN where you can read a positive review from a reader who attended a test screening in Los Angeles this past week. Repo! is a horror-rock opera that has been receiving praise from everyone around us - hopefully Lionsgate will announce a release date soon. In the not-so-distant future when an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet, scientists gear for a massive organ harvest. A biotech giant comes up with easy organ payment plans, but all financed organs are subject to legal default, including repossession at the hands of repo men. (Bloody Disgusting)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35921

StS

StS

Gollywomp

Sieht alles sehr vielversprechend aus :respekt: Einer meiner am sehnlichsten erwarteten Filme 2008.

P.S.: Findet ihr nicht auch, dass der GraveRobber große Ähnlichkeit mit Dani Filth hat :question: :exclaim:

StS

lastboyscout

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Sieht super aus. Nur her damit.

Gollywomp

WOW, sehr geiler Trailer! :dodo: Ich bin ja mal gespannt, ob der Film zu uns in die Kinos kommt...

vegetarian_cannibal

In den USA kommt er im August (exakt 08.08.) heraus. Eigentlich war März geplant. Das hat mich gewundert. Twisted Pictures hat ihn aber dann plötzlich zurückgezogen und auf August verlegt. Ich frage mich wieso!!! Jedenfalls positiv: Die Besetzung rockt, vor allem Sarah Brightman und Bill Moseley, seines Zeichens ja auch Sänger der in Deutschland wohl leider unbekannten Experimental-Band "Cornbugs" (Tipp).

Hier noch ein kleiner Bericht mit Darren Bousman und Paris Hilton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwP3S-swu3s

vegetarian_cannibal

Mist, ich hab hier was FALSCHES gesagt. Der 08.08. war mal im Gespräch, aber das neue Releasedate in den USA ist irgendwann im November/Dezember. Das ist jetzt das dritte mal, daß ich höre, daß Repo verschoben wird. Ich bin mal gespannt.

StS

StS

Gollywomp

Sehr geiler Song, der Film wird mein Hightlight auf dem FFF.  :dodo:

vegetarian_cannibal

Jup, ich danke untertänigst den Veranstaltern des FFF, ihn in's Programm genommen zu haben!!! Das rockt! Am 11. August ist bei uns Vorverkauf. Da steh ich schon Morgens vor'm Cinedom, nur um für den Film hier Karten zu holen!

lastboyscout

"in the film arriving in limited theaters November 7th"
Was soll der Scheiß?
Bei meinem "Glück" wird er in Greenville wieder nicht laufen.  :anime: :hacki: :algoschaf:

StS

Robi

Am 20. Januar ist es endlich soweit und REPO! erscheint in USA auf DVD und Blu-ray!!! :dodo:

Daten DVD:

Bildformat:    1.85 : 1 (anamorph)

Tonformat:    Dolby Digital 5.1

Extras:          Audio commentary with director Darren Lynn Bousman and actors Bill Moseley, Alexa Vega and Ogre
                   Audio commentary with director Darren Lynn Bousman, co-creators Darren Smith and Terrance Zdunich and music producer Joseph Bishara
                   Featurette: "From Stage to Screen"
                   Featurette: "Legal Assassin – A Repo Man on the Edge"
                   Theatrical trailer

Daten Blu-ray:

Bildformat:    1080P Widescreen

Tonformat:    7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

Extras:         Audio commentary with director Darren Lynn Bousman and actors Bill Moseley, Alexa Vega and Ogre
                  Audio commentary with director Darren Lynn Bousman, co-creators Darren Smith and Terrance Zdunich and music producer Joseph Bishara
                  Select scene audio commentary with Paris Hilton and director Darren Lynn Bousman
                  Deleted scenes with audio commentary with Paris Hilton and director Darren Lynn Bousman
                  Video Sing-a-longs
                  Featurette: "From Stage to Screen"
                  Webisode featurettes: "Legal Assassin – A Repo Man on the Edge"
                  Webisode featurettes: "Zydrate Anatomy – Amber Sweet: Addicted to the Knife"
                  Webisode featurettes: "Chase the Morning – Blind Mag: The Voice of GeneCo"
                  Theatrical trailer

Quelle

Für die Blu-ray heißt es jetzt Daumen drücken, da bei Lions Gate eine fifty fifty Chance besteht, dass das Teil Code Frei kommt. Ansonsten greife ich auch erst Mal zur DVD, denn bis sich was bei uns zwecks Veröffentlichung tut, steht ja wohl noch in den Sternen. (und so lange kann ich nicht warten :icon_mrgreen:)
- "My god, it's Adolf Hitler!"

- "This is Sam Smith!
  He's our undercover expert.
  He's only disguised as Adolf Hitler."

StS

4 Januar 2009, 11:36:20 #28 Letzte Bearbeitung: 4 Januar 2009, 11:41:08 von StS
Für mich zwar im Endeffekt keiner der besten (knappe 8/10), aber wohl mit einer der interessantesten Filme 2008.
Und die Daumen wegen der Blu-Ray drück ich schon seit Wochen fest...  ;)

Vinyard Vaughn

Für flockige 11,99€ + Versand bei Axel erhältlich (garantiert Deutsch-Ton frei ^^) und wird bereits verschickt.  :icon_mrgreen: :dodo:

Zitat von: ForenregelnMaximalgröße für Bildsignaturen: 400x133 Pixel, 50 kb – nicht animiert!

When I see her on the street
You know she makes my life complete

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020