OFDb

Creature from the Black Lagoon Remake

Begonnen von ironfox1, 21 Mai 2008, 13:00:53

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

ironfox1

Zitat
The Creature From the Black Lagoon is now in production. The movie is slated to be released some time in 2009 and is budgeted for $90 million; however, that budget is sure to change now with the news of a new co-financer. Breck Eisner is directing with Gary Ross of Larger Than Life Productions (and Tedi Safarian assisting) as the screenwriter.
Says Eisner of the movie:
I've always been a fan of the original, but for this I would love to just update and modernize the film," Eisner said in an interview. "We see it as an aggressive sci-fi horror film in the vein an 'Alien' or like John Carpenter's 'The Thing.' We want to elevate the source material."
http://www.the-reelgillman.com/news/remake.html

Lunita

Oioioi, im dazugehörigen imdb-Board zoffen sie sich aber mächtig. Und das mit Recht. Jack Arnold. Da kann ein Remake doch nur in die Hose gehen. So ein Sakrileg. Naja gut, höchstens von Peter Jackson. Aber sonst...

StS

Zitat'Creature from the Black Lagoon' Loses Eisner

Bloody-Disgusting learned this afternoon that Breck Eisner - who is currently hard at work on Overture Films' remake of The Crazies - will in fact not be directing The Creature from the Black Lagoon remake for Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment. He was rumored to be exiting the project back in December, but it was quickly shot down. We have confirmed with various sources that it is now official and that Uni and Strike are now actively hunting a new director. As of right now the re-imagining is being penned and produced by Gary Ross, whose father wrote the original. In Creature, a group of scientists discover and capture the prehistoric GillMan while searching for fossils along the Amazon River. It breaks free and kidnaps one of the scientists' fiancee with whom it has fallen in love...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

New Director Boards Creature From the Black Lagoon
Source:Los Angeles Times, December 15, 2009

Universal's Creature from the Black Lagoon has found a new mate in director Carl Eric Rinsch.

The L.A. Times reports commercial helmer Rinsch (and one time contender for the Alien prequel) has been tapped to direct the long-gestating remake.

Gary Ross penned the script, but Universal is starting over in the story stage.

Meanwhile, the man who was supposed to bring the Creature back to life, Breck Eisner, is moving on to The Brood remake.
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020