OFDb

Let me in ("Let the right one in"-Remake)

Begonnen von StS, 2 Oktober 2009, 08:27:59

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

2 Oktober 2009, 08:27:59 Letzte Bearbeitung: 25 Juli 2010, 18:24:11 von MMeXX
Kodi Smit-McPhee (The Road), Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass) and Oscar-nominee Richard Jenkins (The Cabin in the Woods) will headline the cast of Let Me In, Matt Reeves’ adaptation of Let the Right One In, when principal photography begins this fall in New Mexico.

You can read more about the announcement below...

ZitatThe announcement was made today by Hammer Films Co-CEO’s Simon Oakes and Nigel Sinclair, as well as Overture Films CEO Chris McGurk and COO Danny Rosett.

Director Reeves (Cloverfield) has cast Smit-McPhee (The Road) and Moretz ((500) Days of Summer) in the two lead adolescent roles of Owen and Abby for the eagerly awaited horror feature. Jenkins will play the lead adult character known as Hakan in the original film.

Based on the bestselling Swedish novel, Lat den Ratte Komma In, by Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist, Let Me In is a contemporary vampire tale about a young boy who befriends a girl new to his neighborhood. The film is a remake of the highly acclaimed Swedish film, Lat den Ratte Komma In, also known as, Let the Right One In.

Hammer acquired the remake rights to Let the Right One In at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival where the film took home the Founders Award® for Best Narrative Feature, and has fast-tracked the film for a November 2009 start date. The film is a Hammer Films production with a projected 2010 release in the U.S. by Overture Films. Exclusive Film Distribution is handling worldwide sales and distribution of the film.

Producing the film are Hammer’s Simon Oakes, Guy East and Nigel Sinclair and Oscar®-winner Donna Gigliotti. Hammer’s Alex Brunner and Tobin Armbrust will executive produce along with John Ptak, Philip Elway and Fredrik Malmberg. Overture’s Robert Kessel, EVP Production & Acquisitions, will oversee production for the studio. Swedish producers John Nordling and Carl Molinder, who produced the original film, are also involved as producers on this remake.

The Australian-born Smit-McPhee, 13, stars alongside Viggo Mortensen in The Road, a film festival favorite due out in November. He previously earned the AFI Young Actor’s Award® in 2007 for his role in Romulus, My Father.

Moretz, 12, will star in the much –talked-about Kick-Ass next spring and previously appeared in (500) Days of Summer and The Amityville Horror. She has been nominated each of the past three years for a Young Artist Award®.

Jenkins first worked with Overture on The Visitor, for which he earned a Best Actor Oscar® nomination last year. His recent work includes Burn After Reading, Step Brothers and television’s “Six Feet Under.” He is due to star in several upcoming projects including the much-anticipated The Cabin in the Woods, Dear John and Eat, Pray, Love.

It was announced last year that Reeves will write and direct Let Me In. In addition to the box office hit Cloverfield, Reeves' directing credits include the comedy The Pallbearer, starring David Schwimmer and Gwyneth Paltrow, and the hit television show “Felicity,” starring Keri Russell, which he co-created and executive produced along with partner J.J. Abrams.

"Kodi, Chloe, and Richard are my absolute dream cast,” says Reeves. “I couldn't be more excited to be working with them."

Let Me In is the first film in a two-picture co-production, financing and distribution agreement between Overture Films and Exclusive Media Group, the parent company of Hammer Films and Spitfire Pictures.

Source: Overture FIlms

Zitat von: KeyserSoze am  1 Juli 2010, 20:33:37
Trailer
http://www.filmstarts.de/kritiken/99922-Let-Me-In/trailer/19124319.html

Zitat von: StS am 25 Juli 2010, 18:04:22
US-Trailer:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/38738/official-us-green-band-trailer-let-me-in
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

mr. pink

I expect that you think that I should be haunted
But it never really bothers me

rierami

Also auf das Remake bin ich wirklich mal gespannt. Eigentlich kann es gegen die schwedische Verfilmung nur verlieren ABER es gibt im Buch viele nicht verfilmte Passagen gearde was Elis Helfer angeht. Wenn hier geschickt eingebaut wird könnte es durchaus ein klasse Film werden. :respekt:
Das Poster gefällt mir schon mal ;)
This signature is currently not available

Moonshade

Leider sind die Staaten dafür bekannt, heikle Subtöne eher glattzubügeln und daraus ne eher gefühlvolle Story zu stricken.
Sollte die US-Fassung mehr Ecken und Kanten als die schwedische haben, wäre ich echt überrascht.
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

AB

Und schon der gekürzte, sehr formelhafte Titel "Let me in" lässt böses erahnen.

Pinhead_X

Die werden nie und nimmer an das Original heran kommen. Unötiges Remake.
We'll never stop, we'll never quit, 'cause we're Metallica!!!
Meine Musik

Wolfhard-Eitelwolf

Cool du hast ihn schon gesehen?  :icon_razz:

RoboLuster

Let Me In

Release Date: 1.10.2010
Studio: Overture Films
Director, Screenwriter: Matt Reeves
Starring: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Chloe Moretz, Richard Jenkins, Elias Koteas, Cara Buono, Sasha Barrese

Twelve-year old Owen is viciously bullied by his classmates and neglected by his divorcing parents. Achingly lonely, Owen spends his days plotting revenge on his middle school tormentors and his evenings spying on the other inhabitants of his apartment complex. His only friend is his new neighbor Abby, an eerily self-possessed young girl who lives next door with her silent father. A frail, troubled child about Owens's age, Abby emerges from her heavily curtained apartment only at night and always barefoot, seemingly immune to the bitter winter elements. Recognizing a fellow outcast, Owen opens up to her and before long, the two have formed a unique bond.

When a string of grisly murders puts the town on high alert, Abby's father disappears, and the terrified girl is left to fend for herself. Still, she repeatedly rebuffs Owen's efforts to help her and her increasingly bizarre behavior leads the imaginative Owen to suspect she's hiding an unthinkable secret.
https://youtu.be/RPQOMyyg9b8                          
"Shoot first, think never!" - Ash

Roughale

Jetzt erst den Post von RoboLuster gesehen, da kriege ich aber doch leicht den Mittagsessengeschmack wieder in den Mund...

Aha, Owen und Abby - wie originell, schön dem Durchschnittsami die Namen vorkauen, nur nichts Ungewohntes, aber besonders fatal ist ja der offensichtlich weggelassene Part, wonach
Spoiler: zeige
der Vampir ein kastrierter Junge ist

Ich befürchte wirklich, dass das nur ein müder Abguss des Originals wird - etwa so:  :piss:

esta es la mejor mota
When there is no more room for talent OK will make another UFC

rierami

Zitat von: Roughale am 13 Januar 2010, 18:24:27
wonach

der ist aber
nicht kastriert sondern ein Vampir ist geschlechtslos!

Christoph S.

Zitat von: Roughale am 13 Januar 2010, 18:24:27
besonders fatal ist ja der offensichtlich weggelassene Part, wonach

Also das hab ich im Original bestenfalls nur als Fußnote wahrgenommen. Bei allem was man falsch machen kann wäre das nun wirklich nicht das fatale...
Heimkino ist ein Oxymoron.

AB

14 Januar 2010, 08:07:15 #11 Letzte Bearbeitung: 14 Januar 2010, 16:06:31 von AB
Ich fand das nicht ganz unerheblich. Bringt doch noch ne ganz andere Note in die Bezihunh von Oskar und Eli. Und es war definitiv
kastriert (ob selbst oder fremd wird aber nicht erklärt), da in einer Szene kurz eine Narbe
zu sehen ist.

Werde das Remake sicher ansehen, mehr als eine "nette" Ami-Teen-Friendship-Kiste mit Vampirflair erwarte ich allerdings nicht.

Roughale

Eben,
die Narbe
hat man auch im Film gesehen, das Buch geht etwas mehr drauf ein und ich halte die Szene auch für wichtig.

Nun muss nur gehofft werden, dass bei dem neuen Film (Ramake oder Romanverfilmung fällt für mich nun flach - höchstens ein "inspired by") in keinster Weise die beschissene Twilight-Schiene ansteuert...

esta es la mejor mota

StS

One of the main things I know readers are worried about is how different this will be from the original. Reeves says he'll find his own piece to bring to the tale:

"One of the things I really wanted to do was find my own way into the story while still being very, very reverent to the beautiful film and to the wonderful story that they created," Reeves tells MTV. "And so the story in many ways follows the same trajectory. I really wanted to put you, even more so, into the point of view of the boy and understand his childhood as vividly as it comes across in the book."

On avoiding comparison to TWILIGHT:

"I think that it has obviously really touched a nerve and tapped into a very, very deep vein. To me, the thing about genre stories that is the most interesting thing is what you do with the metaphor of the genre. You can do a grand, sweeping love story, like "Twilight," and use that metaphor of the two people that are just being torn apart and the aching-ness of it, and that's a great fantasy. I think that what people respond to in "Twilight" is the fantasy of it. It's such a grand, romantic fantasy, and in a way, the reason why I think there is room for a film like ours is, though it's a vampire film, it uses it in such a different way."

He continues, "Whereas "Twilight" is kind of a fantasy, this will be a darker, scarier kind of journey. Obviously, "True Blood" is also really big these days too, and that's a different thing using the sexual side. I think it's really about what sort of emphasis the story takes and how you use the metaphor. The amazing thing about genre films is the way to smuggle in different kinds of themes and things worthy of exploration. I think what so struck me about this story is that what it is exploring is so different and so real."
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

Roughale

Reden kann man viel, schon alleine die wiederholte Verwendung von "Twilight" und dann noch MTV gegenüber finde ich zum Kotzen - aber wenn er sich daran hält, sich von dem Mist fern zu halten, dann hat der film schon was Gutes, aber ob die "sexual side" wirklich wichtiger wird, möchte ich stark bezweifeln (man erinnere sich an einige Kreuzzugkommentare aus den USA über das Original!)...

Abwarten und Blut trinken :king:

esta es la mejor mota

StS

KeyserSoze

"You're so beautiful, like a tree or a high-class prostitute."

StS

Mr Creazil

Wuhu, Hit-Girl als Eli.  :icon_rolleyes:

Das Buch habe ich nie gelesen, den Film fand ich superb. Dem Remake seh ich zwar nicht enthusiastisch entgegen, bleibe dennoch gespannt, ob die Amis sich mal was trauen (PG-13?). Der Trailer ist btw wieder mal absolut daneben.
"Nihilist und Christ: das reimt sich, das reimt sich nicht bloß ..."

"Die Zensur ist die jüngere von zwei schändlichen Schwestern, die ältere heißt Inquisition. "

"Who fights with a ladder - well, Jackie Chan does!"

https://letterboxd.com/mrcreazil/

rierami

Abwarten. Der Trailer schaut mit etwas blutiger aus als das Original und das Buch läßt dies bezüglich auch einiges zu. Auch wenn das Original nur schwer zu übertreffen ist freu ich mich auf die Ami-Version ;)

StS

Das Original war mir einfach (und das gebe ich offen zu) zu "nordisch" - bin einfach nicht damit warm geworden. Selbst wenn das Remake ne 1:1-Kopie wird, dürfte es diesen "Kritikpunkt" meinerseits locker ausbügeln. Ein solches Vorgehen mag zwar unoriginell und so sein - aber meinem Seh-Empfinden und -Vergnügen wird es definitiv entgegen kommen.

Der Trailer sieht stylisch und stimmig aus - ohne groß von der Vorlage abzuweichen (sprich: erfüllt die Definition eines Remakes treffend, zumal man sich ja auch schon hier über eventuelle Änderungen im Vorfeld aufgeregt hat). Die Besetzung halte ich für gelungen (Kodi Smit-McPhee fand ich in "the Road" prima, Chloe Moretz war ja nicht nur "Hit-Girl", sondern ist inzwischen ja schon ein regelrechter Horror-Genre-Veteran - und dazu dann noch Richard Jenkins und Elias Koteas!), die Regiearbeit sollte eingentlich auch passen, der Look ist superb. Kann also kommen!

Die grundsätzliche Diskussion über den Sinn und Unsinn von Remakes wird das Werk hier natürlich erneut anheizen - aber jenes ganzes Thema nochmal anzugehen ist im Grunde genommen noch viel öder als eine uninnovative Neuverfilmung einer geschätzten Vorlage...  ;)

Roughale

Ich mag den Trailer auch, er lässt darauf hoffen, dass es vielleicht doch ein sinnvolles Remake wird, mal sehen, obwohl ich  der einen Sache meines Vorredners widersprechen muss, für mich war gerade der nordische Touch das Erfrischende am Original, aber egal ;)

esta es la mejor mota

Mr Creazil

Was mich an dem Trailer stört, ist einfach dieser reiserische Stil, der meines Erachtens nicht zu der Geschichte passt. Das weckt wieder falsche Erwartungen. Unbedingt schlecht sieht er nicht aus.

"Die Zensur ist die jüngere von zwei schändlichen Schwestern, die ältere heißt Inquisition. "

lastboyscout

Also genau diesen "nordischen Charme", wie StS es ausdrueckte, mochte ich an dem Original, die absolute Kaelte und Fremde bzw. Fremdartigkeit machte ihren absoluten Reiz aus.
Ach ja, der muss auch noch auf BluRay her.  :andy:
Und wie frueher im Thread erwaehnt, alleine die Titelverfaelschung laesst Boehses ahnen, aber naja, als Verleih-BluRay wird er gesichtet.
I`m a tragic hero in this game called life,
my chances go to zero, but I always will survive.
( Funker Vogt - Tragic Hero )

What is your pleasure, sir? This is mine:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=lastboyscout

Moonshade

Ich denke mal, sie werden alle pädophil wirkenden Bezüge weglassen und die großen Schweigepassagen mehr oder minder erfolgreich mit Dialog füllen.
Der Trailer an sich beinhaltet (soweit ich das sehe) - fast nur Szenen, die auch im Original sind (wenn auch teilweise andere Einstellungen), insofern denke ich, daß hier eben mehr die Horroraction zusammen gepackt wurde, damit Fans nicht von der Kinderdominanz abgeschreckt werden.
Heißt aber nicht, daß der Film nicht auch ruhig wird, wie es der Winter verlangt... :icon_mrgreen:

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Mr Creazil

Kann man das denn vom "Cloverfield"-Regisseur erwarten? Ich weiß es nicht, da ich bisher um "Cloverfield" immer einen Bogen gemacht habe.

Moonshade

Zitat von: Mr Creazil am  3 Juli 2010, 11:28:48
Kann man das denn vom "Cloverfield"-Regisseur erwarten? Ich weiß es nicht, da ich bisher um "Cloverfield" immer einen Bogen gemacht habe.

"Cloverfield" war vergleichsweise gut gemacht, auch wenn ich keine Handkamera mag, hat der Film das, was z.B. Emmerichs Godzilla nicht hatte, die Großstadt als gefährliches Niemandsland, Spannung, ruhige Passagen und erzählerische Präzision - der lohnt durchaus.

StS

StS

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020