OFDb

Viel Lärm um Nichts - Much Ado about Nothing (Shakespeare/Whedon)

Begonnen von StS, 7 März 2013, 18:46:27

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Joss Whedon
Starring: Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof, Nathan Fillion, Clark Gregg, Fran Kranz, Reed Diamond
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Zitat"Much Ado About Nothing" is a modern version of Shakespeare's classic comedy adapted and directed by Joss Whedon.

Filmed in just 12 days entirely on location in exotic Santa Monica, the film features a stellar cast of beloved (or soon to be beloved) actors - some of them veterans of Shakespearean theater, some completely new to the form. But all dedicated to the idea that this story bears retelling, that this dialogue is as fresh and intoxicating as any being written, and that the joy of working on a passion project surrounded by dear friends, admired colleagues and an atmosphere of unabashed rapture far outweighs their hilariously miniature paychecks.

Shot in glorious black and white by Jay Hunter ("Paper Heart," "Dollhouse"), the film stars Amy Acker ("Cabin in the Woods," "Alias") and Alexis Denisof ("How I Met Your Mother," "Angel") as Beatrice and Benedick, the world's least likely lovers headed for their inevitable tumble into love. As Joss Whedon puts it: "The text is to me a deconstruction of the idea of love, which is ironic, since the entire production is a love letter - to the text, to the cast, even to the house it's shot in." The supporting cast includes Nathan Fillion ("Castle," "Waitress") as Dogberry, Clark Gregg ("Avengers," "Iron Man") as Leonato, Fran Kranz ("Cabin in the Woods," "Dollhouse") as Claudio and Reed Diamond ("Franklin & Bash," "Moneyball") as Don Pedro.

:D 
Trailer sollte es dann wohl demnächst mal geben...
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.

blade2603

coole Schauspieler, coole Aufmachung und ein sehr cooler Song im Trailer. Story ist leider uncool und läßt mich völlig kalt. Wobei Whedon Filme ja eigentlich doch immer wat cooles haben.
"Jedes Publikum kriegt die Vorstellung, die es verdient." -Mario Barth
◾ Originalzitat von: Curt Goetz

(aus den Känguru Büchern)

Moonshade

Zitat von: blade2603 am  7 März 2013, 23:48:18
coole Schauspieler, coole Aufmachung und ein sehr cooler Song im Trailer. Story ist leider uncool und läßt mich völlig kalt. Wobei Whedon Filme ja eigentlich doch immer wat cooles haben.

Jetzt haben wir es Onkel Shakespeare und seinen uncoolen uralten Plots aber mal so richtig gegeben... :zwangsjacke:
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

Private Joker

Familientreffen bei Papa Whedon, Angel meets Firefly (Maher ist auch dabei), da kann man als Fanboy schon ein bisschen nostalgisch werden. Schade, dass er für DEN Cast nicht ein etwas "massenwirksameres" Projekt auf die Beine gestellt hat.

Und wenn man Denisof und Acker so sieht, fragt man sich schon, warum die so überhaupt keine gescheiten Anschlussrollen bekommen haben, die haben beide doch wirklich Ausstrahlung.
"Ich bin zu alt für diesen Scheiß" "Dem Scheiß ist es egal, wie alt Du bist" (James Grady - Die letzten Tage des Condor)

Angelus Mortis

Zitat von: Moonshade am  8 März 2013, 11:19:51

Jetzt haben wir es Onkel Shakespeare und seinen uncoolen uralten Plots aber mal so richtig gegeben... :zwangsjacke:

Zu blades Verteidigung, mich haben da andere Shakespeare-Stoffe auch mehr vom Hocker gehauen.

Moonshade

Zitat von: Angelus Mortis am  8 März 2013, 13:26:19
Zitat von: Moonshade am  8 März 2013, 11:19:51

Zu blades Verteidigung, mich haben da andere Shakespeare-Stoffe auch mehr vom Hocker gehauen.

Jau, da wird im Vergleich relativ wenig rumgemeuchelt...  :icon_mrgreen:
"Du hältst durch und ich halte durch und nächstes Jahr gehen wir einen saufen!

"Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.!" (Douglas Adams)

StS

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020