OFDb

Burke and Hare (2010 - von John Landis mit Pegg, Serkis und Curry)

Begonnen von Klugscheisser, 25 Februar 2010, 22:16:41

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Klugscheisser

Based on the true story about the famous murderers, 'Burke And Hare' follows the hapless exploits of these two men as they fall into the highly profitable business of providing cadavers for the medical fraternity in Nineteenth Century Edinburgh, then the centre of medical learning. The one thing they were short of was bodies.

Landis describes the film as a "black romantic comedy" in spite of its story which is a comedic take on the true story of the 1828 Edinburgh body-snatchers Burke and Hare. These two Irish entrepreneurs discover that a dead body can fetch a hefty price when the demands of the leading medical professors Dr. Knox (Tom Wilkinson) and Dr. Monroe (Tim Curry) reach beyond that of the local supply.

On top of Wilkinson and Curry, the cast also features Isla Fisher (Confessions of a Shopaholic), Jessica Hynes (Spaced), Ronnie Corbett, Reece Shearsmith (The Cottage), David Schofield, Allan Corduner, Bill Bailey, Hugh Bonneville, Michael Smiley and Sir Christopher Lee! We're looking forward to this one.

IMDB

Und nochmal ein paar historische Hintergrundinfos:
http://burkeandhare.com/

blade2603

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

auf dem letzten Bild sieht Pegg aus wie ein Hobbit.....

Der Stoff hört sich gut an, zumal ich Pegg eingentlich auch sehr gern sehe!
"Jedes Publikum kriegt die Vorstellung, die es verdient." -Mario Barth
◾ Originalzitat von: Curt Goetz

(aus den Känguru Büchern)

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

StS

"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

MMeXX

Hat hier tatsächlich nie einer 'ne Meinung geschrieben!? :icon_eek:

+ schönes Setting (Edinburgh, 1828)
+ schöne Sprache :love:
+ britischer Humor :love:
+ Peggs Mimik

Eine gleichsam simple, wie unterhaltsam aufbereitete Geschichte (vor allem durch die Nebenstränge), die Landis hier mit der Routine eines Könners inszeniert. Lee in einer kleinen Rolle als Ex-Soldat passt ebenso wie die weiteren kleineren Rollen. Sicher nicht die beste Komödie aller Zeiten, aber knapp im oberen Drittel dabei! 7/10

Hitfield

@MMeXX: Dem kann ich mich nur anschließen, wobei ich dem Film 7,5 / 10 geben würde. Hat mir außerdem besser gefallen als der recht ähnlich gelagerte "I Sell the Dead" (3/10).
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020