OFDb

Vanishing on 7th Street (von Brad Anderson)

Begonnen von StS, 7 Dezember 2010, 07:12:21

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

StS

Director: Brad Anderson
Screenwriter: Anthony Jaswinski
Starring: Hayden Christensen, Thandie Newton, John Leguizamo, Jacob Latimore, Taylor Groothuis

Genre: Horror, Mystery, Thriller
Official Website: www.Vanishingon7th.com

An unexplained blackout plunges the city of Detroit into total darkness, and by the time the sun rises, only a few people remain – surrounded by heaps of empty clothing, abandoned cars and lengthening shadows. A small handful of strangers that have survived the night each find their way to a rundown bar, whose gasoline-powered generator and stockpile of food and drink make it the last refuge in a deserted city. With daylight beginning to disappear completely and whispering shadows surrounding the survivors, they soon discover that the enemy is the darkness itself, and only the few remaining light sources can keep them safe. As time begins to run out for them, darkness closes in and they must face the ultimate terror.

Trailer:
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/41315/official-trailer-debut-vanishing-7th-street
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

blade2603

Cooler Trailer!

Der Film könnte trotz Hayden ganz ordentlich werden. Nix fürs Kino aber was für nen schönen Kuschelabend mit der Frau aufa Couch  :respekt:
"Jedes Publikum kriegt die Vorstellung, die es verdient." -Mario Barth
◾ Originalzitat von: Curt Goetz

(aus den Känguru Büchern)

Hitfield

Die Leih-DVD steht ja seit Ende Juli in den Videotheken.

Beeindruckend, wie man eine so gute Prämisse in den Sand setzen kann. Prominente, aber schwache Besetzung, vermurkstes Drehbuch mit vielen undurchdachten und platten Ideen (
Spoiler: zeige
der verstauchte (oder was auch immer) Fuß, um etwas Dramatik reinzubringen
), dämliches Ende und auch was die Kamera und Effekte angeht finde ich, daß man es besser hätte umsetzen können. 3 / 10
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

Nibi

Ich muss gestehen, dass ich den Film entweder nicht richtig verstanden habe oder er überhaupt keine Erklärung liefert. Ich fand ihn jedenfalls extrem fad und zäh wie ein altes Kaugummi. Spannung gleich null, das bisschen Action ist an langeweilige kaum zu überbieten und die Darsteller wirken auch extrem lustlos.

2 / 10
-It's blood
-Son of a bitch

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020