OFDb

Happytime Murders (Brain Henson)

Begonnen von ironfox1, 10 Juli 2015, 23:29:20

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

ironfox1

10 Juli 2015, 23:29:20 Letzte Bearbeitung: 10 Juli 2015, 23:32:07 von ironfox1

Schade, dass so ein vielverspechendes Projekt wie Happytime Murders so viele Startschwierigkeiten hat. 2008 angekündigt, erst 2010 ging es langsam vorwärts und Lionsgate wollte den Film realisieren, geriet dann aber in "Developement Hell". Nun soll der Film unter dem erst 2014 gegründeten Studio STX Entertainment erscheinen.

Brian Henson, son of the late Jim Henson, is getting another chance to make a darkly comic puppet noir called The Happytime Murders. The story, which is designed as something like an LA Confidential-type riff on The Muppets, or a Muppet equivalent of Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, with a human and puppet detective team investigating the murders of former cast members of a kids' TV show.
Now, after a few fallow years for the project, the relatively new studio STX Entertainment has just partnered with the Jim Henson Company to develop the story anew as a big-screen outing.
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-happytime-murders/

Plot: In a world where puppets co-exist with humans as second class citizens, puppet private eye and disgraced ex-cop, Phil Phillips, is hot on the trail of the serial killer who murdered his brother and is now targeting the cast members of the famous 80s television show, "The Happytime Gang." As the killings continue, Phil's former flame, Jenny, is next on the list. It's up to Phil and his ex-partner, Detective Edwards, to find the culprit, but as bad blood and old resentments resurface the clues start pointing to the only viable suspect, Phil himself. Now he's on the run with only his wits and hard headed determination, as he tries to solve, "The Happytime Murders."

Featuring the well-known Henson style of irreverence and parody, and taking its cues from such films as Pulp Fiction and LA Confidential, "Happytime Murders" presents a twist on the film noir genre. In a world where puppets are a minority race amongst humans, a puppet detective is forced to solve a string of murders around The Happytime Gang, the cast of a beloved children's show, that is being picked off by a mysterious villain.

Todd Berger commented on the script and pre-production in a June 2012 interview, saying:
I want to try to make the Heat of puppet movies. I want to be The Dark Knight or Heat but in a world where puppets and humans coexist. Brian [Henson] was like, "This mystery actually needs to be interesting so that even if you took all the comedy out of it, it's still going to be interesting to watch"... Brian has actually already been working on the main character puppet. The Creature Shop has already made a few test puppets that I've met in person that are amazing... It's a movie in which puppets and humans coexist and a lot of the supporting characters are all puppets. So they have a puppet improv group called Stuffed & Unstrung that tours around America doing improv shows. They're going to use a lot of those puppets but they're also going to create a bunch of new ones. There's a whole cast of characters in the script that they're going to create from scratch... It is a full-on R - there is swearing, there's sex, violence, murder. Maybe with some work it could be PG-13 but as of now we've embraced the R rating.
http://henson-alternative.wikia.com/wiki/Happytime_Murders

ironfox1

Soll im August 2018 erscheinen, leider mit Melissa McCarthy als menschlicher Partner.  :icon_confused:
http://screenrant.com/happytime-murders-melissa-mccarthy-release-date/

StS

No Sesame. All Street. The Happytime Murders is a filthy comedy set in the seedy underbelly of Los Angeles where puppets and humans coexist. Two clashing detectives with a shared secret, one human (Melissa McCarthy) and one puppet, are forced to work together again to solve the brutal murders of the former cast of a beloved classic puppet television show.

The action comedy was directed by Brian Henson from a screenplay by Todd Berger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eks8LG72uo
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

ironfox1

Dem Sesame Workshop gefällt die Tagline überhaupt nicht und verklagt die Produktionsfirma STX Entertainment.
Zitat"Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street, learned last Friday that the name Sesame Street is being used to market a graphic, adult-themed movie. We were surprised and disappointed that Sesame Street, a show dedicated to educating young children, is being exploited to market this R-rated film," the statement reads. "We immediately contacted the film's distributor, STX Films, and requested that they remove our name  from the film's marketing. They declined to do so. We take no issue with the creative freedom of the filmmakers and their right to make and promote this movie, rather this is about how our name is being misused to market a film with which we have no association. We regret that our fans and families have been confused by STX's marketing campaign."

Die Antwort von STX Entertainment.
ZitatSTX loved the idea of working closely with Brian Henson and the Jim Henson Company to tell the untold story of the active lives of Henson puppets when they're not performing in front of children," Happytime Murders is the happy result of that collaboration and we're incredibly pleased with the early reaction to the film and how well the trailer has been received by its intended audience. While we're disappointed that Sesame Street does not share in the fun, we are confident in our legal position. We look forward to introducing adult moviegoers to our adorably unapologetic characters this summer.
https://www.thewrap.com/sesame-workshop-sues-over-happytime-murders-trailer-featuring-ejaculating-puppets/

Eric

Jetzt erst denn Trailer gesichtet:  :laugh:

Freue mich drauf. Könnte genau die Art von "Pippi/Kacka Humor" sein, die ich mag.   ;)
Liebe Ursula,
wünsch dir frohe Ostern, nen tollen Namenstag und nen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 1978!
Grüsse aus der Alzheimergruppe, deine Tante Günther!

Ich hasse Menschen, Tiere + Pflanzen. Steine sind ok.

McClane

Irgendjemand sollte man dem Sesame Workshop mal ein Wörterbuch vorbeibringen und damit die Begriffe "Ironie", "Parodie" und "Anspielungen" erklären. Oder glauben die ernsthaft, dass der Werbespruch mit dem Namen der Sesamstraße wirbt? Weil die Muppets keiner kennt? Weil man das Sesamstraßenpublikum ins Kino locken will?
"Was würde Joe tun? Joe würde alle umlegen und ein paar Zigaretten rauchen." [Last Boy Scout]

"testosteronservile Actionfans mit einfachen Plotbedürfnissen, aber benzingeschwängerten Riesenklöten"
(Moonshade über yours truly)

elpadro

Zitat von: Eric am 26 Mai 2018, 19:07:03

Freue mich drauf. Könnte genau die Art von "Pippi/Kacka Humor" sein, die ich mag.   ;)

Stimme 100% zu, würde aber beide Sätze noch mit je einem "nicht" ergänzen.

:icon_mrgreen:
"Hey Asshole, I'm talking to you!"
"You're not, you're talking to yourself."
Moon 44

StS

Ein Richter hat nun entschieden: Ist alles okay so

ZitatComedian Melissa McCarthy's upcoming R-rated movie co-starring fouled-mouthed Muppet-like characters draws a clear line between itself and "Sesame Street," despite contrary claims by the makers of the educational children's program, a judge ruled in New York Wednesday.

McCarthy's "The Happytime Murders" may continue using its "NO SESAME. ALL STREET" tagline in promotions for the comedic crime flick because its intention was to "differentiate" itself from the children's show starring Big Bird and Cookie Monster, U.S. District Judge Vernon Broderick ruled.

(FoxNews.com)
"Diane, last night I dreamt I was eating a large,  tasteless gumdrop and awoke to discover I was chewing one of my foam disposable earplugs.
Perhaps  I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption...."
(Agent Dale B.Cooper - "Twin Peaks")

Eric

Wow, was für ein toller, kleiner, witziger und dreckiger Film!! GENAU mein Geschmack!!

Irgendwie eine Mischung aus MEET THE FEEBLES und ROBER RABBIT (zumal es dort ja auch nicht gerade zimperlich zuging)

Doch, gefällt, gefällt sogar sehr gut!  :respekt:
Liebe Ursula,
wünsch dir frohe Ostern, nen tollen Namenstag und nen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 1978!
Grüsse aus der Alzheimergruppe, deine Tante Günther!

Ich hasse Menschen, Tiere + Pflanzen. Steine sind ok.

TinyPortal 2.0.0 © 2005-2020